Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 1:38pm
Yeah, I cringed when I saw that posted.  (I was hoping it just looked like a phone number but maybe it meant something else because surely he wouldn't do that, would he???  Shocked)  It's nice he trusts us, but ... oh well, phone numbers can be changed easily enough if need be.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 2:17pm

Thing is, it's not just us here. There are currently 112 other people on the forum. Who knows who or what they are?

I don't think people here even post their email addresses in their profiles.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 5:02pm
  Most of you people access your banking accounts and so forth from your phone of smart device.  I can't and will never do that.  The worst thing that could happen is someone could make some overseas calls using my phone number.  I'm pretty sure Con Cell would forgive such calls much like CC companies would.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Most of you people access your banking accounts and so forth from your phone of smart device.  I can't and will never do that.  The worst thing that could happen is someone could make some overseas calls using my phone number.  I'm pretty sure Con Cell would forgive such calls much like CC companies would.

Not using your phone for banking and bill paying is smart. Thumbs Up

Still, posting your number could cause you some big headaches. And there could be some other scam out there that you haven't heard about. Never can be too careful.

I'd take it down if I were you, but of course, it's your call.... no pun intended. Wink

How are you doing otherwise?

You made some comments the other day about the state of your health. 

I hope there's nothing seriously wrong.

How're you holding up in general? I know it must be tough going through the divorce and all. Give me a holler if you need to talk about stuff.

And stay away from that crazy broad who's latched onto you!!!! Wacko

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:52am
Damn. Got hit by something hard today. Shaky, trouble walking, shivering enough in 78 degree air to put on a flannel shirt, took lots of naps, didn't eat much for dinner.  I think some dehydration is involved.  Maybe once I take a crap I'll get it out of my system...
Oh well, off to bed early tonight...
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 2:38pm
Don't want to scare you Mr. Tim but....
From the CDC:
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

You just mention 2 of these symptoms.  Don't know how many symptoms warrant getting tested. 
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 6:12am
I'm thinking it was more an allergic reaction to a spider bite that's on the back of my hand.  Drank & napped more today (appetite should be back tomorrow. I really need to fatten up. )  Thanks for the concern, not planning on dying just yet... Thumbs Up  
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I'm thinking it was more an allergic reaction to a spider bite that's on the back of my hand.  Drank & napped more today (appetite should be back tomorrow. I really need to fatten up. )  Thanks for the concern, not planning on dying just yet... Thumbs Up  

Spider bite?  That just reinforces what I said in my other post called "gross disgusting bug".   Another reason to hate bugs!  Well, spider bites shouldn't be ignored either, especially if you're allergic.  Keep an eye on it! 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 7:05pm
Where is aka ron?

He hasn't been here for a couple of days.

I sent him a PM to check up on him.

Old dude's worrying me.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 7:11pm
He said somewhere on one of his posts that he was going to be off-line for a couple days.  Forget why.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 7:25pm
It was something about having to buy a new laptop and maybe his internet connection.

But that was last week.

He told me about some medical issues that could be serious and I encouraged him to see a doctor immediately. 

Hopefully he's OK and checks back in with us.

OTOH, as slow as things have been around here, maybe he's just bored with us.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 10:09pm

Maybe that new girlfriend has him bound, drugged and gagged in his bed.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Or maybe even in a state more like the guy in those pics I sent you several years ago of that "loving couple" up near Detroit.

Dead Sick

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 1:25am

Oh, Jeez, I forgot about her.  I hope not...she sounded a little too much like Kathy Bates!  I just worry about him falling down because of his hip and no one there to help.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:44am
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

Oh, Jeez, I forgot about her.  I hope not...she sounded a little too much like Kathy Bates!  I just worry about him falling down because of his hip and no one there to help.

Yeah, I was thinking of her...and Rose from Two and a Half Men.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Or maybe even in a state more like the guy in those pics I sent you several years ago of that "loving couple" up near Detroit.

Dead Sick

Your memory's better than mine. Was it in a PM? I still have PMs from 10 years ago.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 5:54pm

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Dead Sick

Your memory's better than mine. Was it in a PM? I still have PMs from 10 years ago.

It was a set of self taken, 70's era photos of a skinny, naked young woman and her also naked, tattooed, speed-freak looking boyfriend, cutting up and dismembering the purple, bloated corpse of her ex-boyfriend and placing the body parts in different "comical" poses. Like his dismembered head on an ottoman with the big toe of his dismembered foot in his nose. And there was one with a certain other dismembered "part" in his mouth and another one of the new boyfriend hacking up the torso with a very large hacksaw.

They took the pictures then left the film in the camera and forgot about it. When the cops got a warrant to search the house, they found the camera, sent the film to the crime lab and had it developed. The pics were then used to convict the boyfriend of murder and her as an accessory and abusing a corpse or something.

He got life without parole, she got 10 years or something then got out and is probably still alive somewhere.

You used to be able to find it on Google using the search term "natural born losers".

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 7:02pm

Ahhh, yes. I do remember. I wonder if they were in an email or a CIH pm. Sounds like something I'd keep.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 7:10pm

Okay, it's referenced on the 'net, but the website (Dan's Gallery of the Grotesque) seems to be defunct.

And I'll bet "de funkt" in that house was pretty bad.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:21pm
I think you could see a scene from I Love Lucy or some other classic sitcom playing on the TV in the background.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 9:49am

Makes it even better!

I think the first "gross-out" site I ever looked at was rotten.com. That's when I first realized that the internet was a wild and wonderful place.

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:06pm
Still no AKA ron?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

Still no AKA ron?

I sent him a PM days ago, but no response.

He told me of some health issues in a previous PM that merited medical attention, so I hope he's alright.

I cajoled him to go see a doctor soon, so I hope he did and that he's doing OK.

If you're reading this a-ron, let us know whussup wit ya's, dude.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:32pm

Well, he did post his phone #.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:38pm
Yeah, but given how he's described his crotchetiness to people who call him, nobody dares dial it. LOL

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 197>
  Share Topic