Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 1:08pm
Let's get the week started off right! The lady said the dumpster would be delivered tomorrow.  I just got a call, it will be here in just a little while!  Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:01pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:47pm
I got that freaking mattress out of my truck and most of that pile in the dumpster.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 9:28pm
We are closing at noon on Friday.  Drinks for all members!  I'm buying!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 9:35pm
Getting your asking price?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 9:07am
Getting the original offer.

Damn, am I sore!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 4:55pm
I didn't think I would get anything done today. I was scooting around the garage on a little desk chair on rollers.  I use the second creeper as a wheelbarrow.  Flinging some of that stuff into the dumpster is giving me some pain on my right side. The dumpster is better than half full.  That king mattress takes up a lot of space.  I filled 3 more bags with junk and started chopping up the lumber I need to get rid of.

This one realtor has been very nice and helpful.  I was looking at this place just down the river from here.

$75,000
  • 2bed
  • 1bath
  • 600sqft
  • 8,915sqft lot

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I didn't think I would get anything done today. I was scooting around the garage on a little desk chair on rollers.  I use the second creeper as a wheelbarrow.  Flinging some of that stuff into the dumpster is giving me some pain on my right side. The dumpster is better than half full.  That king mattress takes up a lot of space.  I filled 3 more bags with junk and started chopping up the lumber I need to get rid of.

This one realtor has been very nice and helpful.  I was looking at this place just down the river from here.

$75,000
  • 2bed
  • 1bath
  • 600sqft
  • 8,915sqft lot

Nice looking little place.

Re: that advice you said you liked hearing... if I had known when I bough this place, I would have looked for a little more house & a lot less yard.

Emphasis on the less yard part.

For people our age, the smaller the yard  the better.

I wish I had one of those "postage stamp" yards.

JMHO.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 3:36pm
I went and saw that place. As far as first impressions go...

The road getting back to this place is crap!

The neighbor dogs were barking their heads off. The puppy wouldn't leave the pretty realtor lady alone!

I like the place.  I offered $10,000 less than the list price.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:53pm
This is crazy sh*t! Jimbo, would love this girl!

Kevin!  She called me when I was out getting some food.

I need your home address!

I need a copy of the signed offer!

What title company are you using?

If they accept my offer. If everything goes well between now and then. I could close on the 29th of May.
Plenty of time to call spectrum for TV and Internet service...Plenty of time to call 2 men and a truck to take what's left of the furniture over there.  I will need a window air conditioner in one of the back rooms.  Maybe a new TV. Mama took the best TV in the house.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 5:06pm
Hope you kept your riding mower to handle that big ol yard... Wink 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 5:11pm
That lawn needed mowing bad!  The f**kers should still take care of the property in the mean time.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 5:39pm
Looks like a happy, comfortable little place. 

You aren't hitting on the real estate lady, are you, ya ol' dawg? Wink LOL

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 5:45pm
The only thing I can hope to have with this beautiful woman is...A successful business transaction.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 7:02pm

The only thing I can hope to have with this beautiful woman is...A successful business transaction.

Why? Is she a hooker?

Is her real estate company called Homes and Ho's?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 4:59pm
I am up to my neck in legal 'DocuSign' paperwork. I think it was fellow member (Caroln) who pointed out the realtor won't even mess with you unless you are pre-approved or have some evidence of ability to pay.

The agent with the listing wanted to see the signed offer on this house before she presents the offer to the current owner.  I'm about to add some conditions if they send a counter offer... MOW THE GODDAMNED LAWN.

I need to look inside the shed too.  The boathouse?

4414 Cleve St, Omro, WI 54963
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 5:32pm
Things are happening fast! They countered at $70,000. Okay! Goddamn it!  I'm depressed and vulnerable!

Getting all of this stuff out of this house is killing me.  Maybe seeing a 6 figure balance in the CU account will help.

The wife is being great.  I'm still on the joint checking account, she is paying for my internet service, health insurance.  I get a big check tomorrow...I might even shave!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 7:24pm
$70K is not a bad price for a house nowadays. 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 4:45pm
I must have 20 to 25 cans of paint in the garage. I keep opening up the cans/plastic buckets, hoping it will all dry out in time.  I put the water softener salt in the dumpster, I will probably get in trouble for that.  If the dumpster is overweight...They will charge me extra!  This really sucks!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 5:41am
4 words, dude:  Big Ass Dumpster Fire

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 2:57pm
Well, PostImage is screwed up so I can't post a picture of my new TV.

It's a 32" Vizio HD Smart TV.  It's working!  I need to make some adjustments and learn how all this new stuff works.  I have a new antenna in the garage.  I'll try that out next.  That will give me the other 2 TVs back.

Citi Cards called me a few minutes ago, their fraud protection dept. They denied the charge, just leave it at that!  I used the same card at Walmart, it went through no problem.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:30pm

Well, PostImage is screwed up so I can't post a picture of my new TV.

It's a 32" Vizio HD Smart TV.

Seems to be working now....

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:45pm
LOL

I've got to go get some food...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 5:34pm
Okay!  I've got all of my channels back!  I guess I'll have to sleep on the couch.  I like the TV as background noise when I sleep.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:18am
I FOUND A SPLITTER!!  I have all 3 TVs working again.  I tried to sleep with the radio on last night.  That didn't work too well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 197>
  Share Topic