Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142143144 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 5:48pm
The guy seemed pretty impressed with our humble abode and the location. I probably should have never said what I wanted.  They will low ball me from there. It was a good meeting, I should know more later on today.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 11:49am
I just paid .99 cents a gallon for gas!  CRAZY!

I saw an ad earlier from Copper Fit, they are making face masks now! 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 5:03pm
NASCAR up and coming Asian/American driver Kyle Larson is fired for using the N-word during an iRacing event on Sunday night.  Since sports have been cancelled, the gamers have an outlet. It's called iRacing.

These guys make a 7 figure salary!

Chip Ganassi Racing announced Tuesday that Kyle Larson is out and is no longer a part of the organization.

“After much consideration, Chip Ganassi Racing has determined that it will end its relationship with driver Kyle Larson. As we said before, the comments that Kyle made were both offensive and unacceptable especially given the values of our organization. As we continued to evaluate the situation with all the relevant parties, it became obvious that this was the only appropriate course of action to take.“

The team did not announce a replacement.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 5:34pm
So, was he an actual NASCAR driver or just a gamer?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 3:32pm
A real race car driver.  6 wins in 6 seasons.

https://www.racing-reference.info/driver/Kyle_Larson
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 6:05am
So, you gonna move to FL now...? 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 5:12pm
^ NO!

You people are too crazy down there!

A little quality time with my future ex-wife.

She is being nice, not kicking me to the curb just yet. She found an apartment.  I told her to put it on her credit card until I sell the house. I have a signed offer...$168,065. And a closing date before 5/15. I will pay that credit card off for her along with a $10,000 loan we share.  We are trying to make this as painless as possible.  Goodwill is not accepting donations!  I may have to rent a storage unit in the mean time.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 5:24pm
From an ad here on the forum...There is just something magnificent about the female anatomy!  Evil Smile

I should consider cleaning out my download files. I can't even find it. Unhappy

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 5:44pm
Sorry, folks. I'm at my wits end!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Looks like your mind is on being at the end of something that rhymes with "'wits".... Evil Smile

In other words, you are your normal self. Wink

LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 4:49pm
The wife is going through some stuff.  She found this old pic of my dad in his (early 60s?) SCCA Elva Courier. A nice looking car for the time.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 5:30pm
 A good meeting today. I still love her so much. Bob picked up a lot of stuff yesterday. I swept and hosed off the garage floor. Giving her a place to put the stuff she wants moved to her apartment.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 6:57pm
Yuck. Moving is hell.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yuck. Moving is hell.

Especially if you're moving one way and your sig-oth is moving another. Ouch

Aka-ron needs our support.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 1:55pm
^ Thanks, Jimbo.

We can all use a little support! Wink

Any Favorite Truss Designs? | Forum | Archinect
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Looks like your mind is on being at the end of something that rhymes with "'wits".... Evil Smile

In other words, you are your normal self. Wink

LOL

LOL
Some things never change! Wink

I get a kick out of these ads on the forum!  It's like a meat market!  Evil Smile  I should have married an Asian girl!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 3:28pm
Another odd ad here on the forum.  Who wants to wear a mask that goes all the way down to your shoulders?

Well, maybe this guy!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 4:21pm
I was hoping to see what kinda stuff he pulled out at the end there. Spaghetti, maybe? He could re-eat it. This time, though, he'd have to call it Spanish rice, considering it's all been chewed up and stuff.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 8:12pm
Got my $1200 stimulus check in the mail today!!! 

Yayyy!!!! Clap

And I must say that I am certainly stimulated!!! Big smile

Got another nice little surprise in the mail earlier in the week, too.

Received a piece of mail from MetLife Insurance. Had no idea what it could be other than probably junk mail. Opened it up and it turns out to be a notice (with condolences) that my mom had a life insurance policy with them which am the beneficiary of. 

After I complete all the necessary forms and paperwork then send it in, I'll receive $675.00.

So, I'll be getting $1875 that I wasn't expecting.

Can't complain about that.

Thanks, mom!!! Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 6:09am
<sigh>  tree rats are in the macadamia tree again.  I chase them off if they are too noisy chowing down.  Still need to buy a net to cover the tree, maybe next year... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 4:03pm

Feeding Your Pet Squirrel

Your squirrel needs a balanced diet containing protein, fat, and vitamins and minerals, including lots of calcium. Feed a variety of foods from each category in the amounts indicated. Note: Amounts are for a 450-gram (1 pound) squirrel, and should be adjusted as necessary depending on your squirrel’s weight. For squirrels that are older, overweight, or less active, you should limit foods that are high in sugars, starches, or fat.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 6:01am
A list of what I can feed the squirrels to would be better... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 2:24pm
Well, with rain and snow in the forecast. I had to make room for my truck in the garage.  That mattress is heavy enough without being wet. I also just ordered a dumpster, kinda expensive but it's worth it to me.  A few less steps works for me.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:00am
I've been looking at some houses online. This one is cheap!  Only $39,900. Way too many Sq. Ft.  2053

And there is no pictures of the inside!

713 Carver Ln, Menasha, WI 54952

$49,900

14 W 14th Ave, Oshkosh, WI 54902
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:17am
On the upper end of the price range. I've heard making a disability claim can be a long and arduous process. I'm eligible for social security in January. 

$77,000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142143144 197>
  Share Topic