Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I just got a call from Bank of America...Yeah, right!  I've been trying to find this annoying hold music they and a lot of these other scammers use.  I believe it's an old Liberace song, I'll be damned if I can find it.

Is it the one that goes.... "Da da deeee da da dum dum dum dada deee"?

I've talked about it but I am actually going to do it today.  Pizza Hut Pan Supreme. They don't open till 10:30.

You lucky bastard. Tongue 
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 5:19pm
I haven't been that far into the 'Big O' in quite some time. Roundy-rounds are everywhere. (Round-A-Bouts).  It just makes me drive more aggressively!  Other people still don't know how to deal with them.

Mama is in there going  Mmmmm!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 5:25pm
If I had an appetite I'd be salivating.

Make sure you don't forget to scoop up those two hunks of sausage that fell off!!! Thumbs Up
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 5:44am
Had to rescan all the channels on my antenna TV's today.  Apparently there are frequency changes to make room for more wireless bandwidth.  The channel #'s remain the same, at least.  Can't do ch.24 until this weekend.  Give them time and they'll get rid of 'over the air' TV like they did ham radio...  Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 1:09pm
I did that too.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 5:08pm
Mama is cooking up a home made version of Man-wich...it smells heavenly!  She is going to one of her gal pals place, actually the boyfriend's place of her long time friend Lora. Meeting other friends Lu-ann and Marie there to watch the game.  She even bought alcohol!  It would not bother me if she just spent the night there. She does not drink very often and we don't need any problems with the law or a dead wife.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 6:08am
Still can't get WUCF/ch.24 to come in.  Guessing their transmitter is down, as I've been trying to rescan every day, and it's not showing.  Already missed one Road Show...  Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:01pm
I heard the ad for this sandwich on my way back home from Culver's.  I may have to try one!

Colby Jack Pub Burger

First, we take fresh U.S. beef and sear it on a grill. Then top it with Wisconsin Colby Jack cheese, add crispy onions, our 4-pepper mayo with a touch of A.1.® Steak Sauce on a lightly buttered, toasted everything bun.

Colby Jack Pub Burger, Double
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Still can't get WUCF/ch.24 to come in.  Guessing their transmitter is down, as I've been trying to rescan every day, and it's not showing.  Already missed one Road Show...  Angry

No, they're having trouble "getting it up".

As in getting their new antenna mounted on top of their 1,000 ft tall transmission tower out by Christmas.

Here's a link to their Facebook page about the re-scan and related issues and some pics...

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:45pm

I heard the ad for this sandwich on my way back home from Culver's.  I may have to try one!

Colby Jack Pub Burger

First, we take fresh U.S. beef and sear it on a grill. Then top it with Wisconsin Colby Jack cheese, add crispy onions, our 4-pepper mayo with a touch of A.1.® Steak Sauce on a lightly buttered, toasted everything bun.

Colby Jack Pub Burger, Double

Oh sh*t, I want one.... Tongue

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 12:52pm
We needed some basic things at the grocery store.  I bought the stuff to make chili a little later on.

We both like sweet snacks too...

Kemps Vanilla Flavored Ice Cream Sandwiches
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 2:31pm
Oh man, I love me some ice cream sandwiches.

I used to occasionally get these....

Mayfield Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches.

At $3.99 for a box of six, they are pretty expensive so it was only an occasional splurge, but day-um they wuz goooooooood!!!!! Tongue

Unfortunately, they quit selling them at the Walmart I shop at.

Seems like every time I find something I like, they discontinue it.

I'm beginning to think that the worst thing that can happen to a product is for me to start buying it.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 2:42pm
Kemp's is a popular dairy around here, I buy their milk too.

The ICS's were $3.49, but they were on sale for $2.39.  Thumbs Up
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 6:06pm
I'm having some serious pain today, It's a two aspirin kind of day!  I'm hoping Mama comes home soon with some relief!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 5:59am
I spent half the day feeling sick, until I figured out it was from mild shivering (even with a flannel shirt on.)  Turned the thermostat up to 75, drank some warm lemonade, finally felt better.  I'm missing that 40 lbs I lost, now...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 10:29am
I keep the thermostat set at 68 except when I'm sleeping. I set it down to 66 at night.  I have a space heater in front of the wood stove here in the living room. I think that helps the furnace run less also.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 1:00pm
I almost never use any kind of heater unless it dips into the 30's and sometimes not even then. 

When I bought this place, it had a furnace fueled by heating oil in an outdoor tank, both of which I removed almost immediately after moving in. The A/C was a window unit that had been mounted into a hole that had been cut into the back wall in the dining room area. I had an old friend who had done masonry work most of his life and was really good at it, so I got him over and we removed it, then he blocked in the hole.

So now I have no heat or A/C installed.

I've got one of those oil-filled radiant heaters for if/when it gets really cold or when I want to heat the bathroom. Planning to get one of those portable A/C's before summer gets here. Either that or a small window unit to run at night.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 5:00pm
I got an odd bill from our water & sewer provider.

I've been reading in the local paper that they want to raise the rates, they have plans on building a new water tower just down the street from here. So, why would my bill be $30 less than usual?

It's just the two of us (see below), with our showers and laundry we don't use that much water.  I think they charge us a 'minimum'! We are billed every 3 months.

5/1/19   $169.66
8/1/19   $169.66
11/1/19  $169.66

2/1/20  $138.13

WTF?  C'mon, some body or thing is screwed up!

I'm sure somebody smarter than me will inform me that my meter is messed up or that I'm messed up or something!  Confused

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 5:02pm
I asked the wife to write down the stuff she needed to make her so called 'BBQ/Manwich' recipe.  Mmmmm!
 It's in there simmering now...It smells wicked good!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 6:10pm
I have to wait until at least next Wednesday before I can eat what I want.

Wednesday morning is when I go in to have blood drawn to send to the lab and I want my cholesterol and A1c down as far as possible.

The following Saturday I'll be heading to the nearest Jersey Mike's Subs for a large Philly cheese steak and a bag of sc&o chips.

Tongue

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:25pm
I love sloppy joes!!! Haven't had one in years, but I used to like using only half the sauce (to make it really thick), and melting cheese into some of it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I love sloppy joes!!! Haven't had one in years, but I used to like using only half the sauce (to make it really thick), and melting cheese into some of it.

My favorite was the French's powdered mix in the envelope.

That's what my mom used to make.

Had a real onion-y taste.

Or maybe it was McCormick....

I'd like to try both sometime before too long, I hope.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 3:58pm
I've only had the canned stuff---Manwich or Libby's or something like that. I've added diced onions and bell peppers to the mix.

Mmmmmm...I could really go for 4 or 5 right about now. It's been years.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 5:25pm
I know that there are not a lot of NASCAR fans here.  The Busch Clash did not disappoint, sort of!

It's the first competition of the season at the iconic track in Florida. For this 'exhibition' race, it's only about the money. No points are paid for this race.  To be eligible, you must have won a pole position last year.

Won another Clash event, won the pole for the Daytona 500 or the race.

They started with 18 or 19 cars...

6 cars finished the race!

^ Please notice the banner on the left side of the picture, Monster Energy is no longer the Title Sponsor.

It takes a group effort!  That would be a mouth full if the announcers had to spit that out.  More signs of the decline of NASCAR!  Look at the winning car when aerodynamics is so important!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:02pm

I know that there are not a lot of NASCAR fans here.  The Busch Clash did not disappoint, sort of!

It's the first competition of the season at the iconic track in Florida. For this 'exhibition' race, it's only about the money. No points are paid for this race.  To be eligible, you must have won a pole position last year.

Won another Clash event, won the pole for the Daytona 500 or the race.

They started with 18 or 19 cars...

6 cars finished the race!

^ Please notice the banner on the left side of the picture, Monster Energy is no longer the Title Sponsor.

It takes a group effort!  That would be a mouth full if the announcers had to spit that out.  More signs of the decline of NASCAR!  Look at the winning car when aerodynamics is so important!

I swear, those NASCAR drivers are getting younger and younger all the time!!!!

If you love NASCAR you should come on down for the race some time.

Get some infield tickets, rent or borrow a van, pack up your sleeping bags, lawn chairs, coolers full of food, drinks and "party supplies", etc, etc.

A pair of good binoculars....

Spend a couple of days camping out in the center area of the track.

Sit on top of the van with a pair of binoculars and watch the race in 360°. 

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 197>
  Share Topic