Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Hey, what ever happened to Regulus?  He hasn't been around in months.

Ever since you stopped posting here, he did too.

You were his hero. His inspiration. His role model.

You are the one he fashioned himself after and tried to emulate.

Once you stopped showing up, he had no reason to either.

I hope you're happy now.

Heel.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 2:25am
LOL

Regulus, Ad N?

They are dropping like flies!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Hey, what ever happened to Regulus?  He hasn't been around in months.

Ever since you stopped posting here, he did too.

You were his hero. His inspiration. His role model.

You are the one he fashioned himself after and tried to emulate.

Once you stopped showing up, he had no reason to either.

I hope you're happy now.

Heel.

Disapprove
Sometimes we never catch the signs until too much damage has been done and all start dropping like flies, doncha know...once Thorathan left, then went Donathan, Niteradah, Regulus, Adn....did anyone ever check IP Addresses?! Has ol'Mule finally run everyone off or have we been talking to assorted facets of Sybil all this time?Wink
Come back to us, Thor...and bring all our friends back, too.Big smile
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Sometimes we never catch the signs until too much damage has been done and all start dropping like flies, doncha know...once Thorathan left, then went Donathan, Niteradah, Regulus, Adn....did anyone ever check IP Addresses?! Has ol'Mule finally run everyone off or have we been talking to assorted facets of Sybil all this time?Wink

You forgot to mention Papa Lazarou.

NiteRaidah was here just a day so ago.

I was here checking new posts late at night, and saw him logged in.

But of course, he is "NiteRaidah", so any covert raid he'd make would be late at night.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 5:58pm
DRS, Hootman, Insanity213, Mooch.

Mama doesn't feel well today, there is a sexy old woman in there somewhere!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 9:15pm
Take care of her, aka...that's your job. Chicken noodle soup and chocolates and little less wine.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Sometimes we never catch the signs until too much damage has been done and all start dropping like flies, doncha know...once Thorathan left, then went Donathan, NiteRaidah, Regulus, Adn....did anyone ever check IP Addresses?! Has ol'Mule finally run everyone off or have we been talking to assorted facets of Sybil all this time?Wink

You forgot to mention Papa Lazarou.

NiteRaidah was here just a day so ago.

I was here checking new posts late at night, and saw him logged in.
But of course, he is "NiteRaidah", so any covert raid he'd make would be late at night.
WinkLOLYea...I had gotten concerned and sent him a PM to find out if he really had died, or maybe just was visiting the homeland (Belarus or Latvia, I think? Or was it Connecticut?)..
(yes - this is even more 'RaidahBait')
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 7:26am
I think the wife caught some sort of flu bug, I feel a little like crap now too.  I need to check the tires on my truck and make a run to the grocery store.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 3:49pm
It was last night I noticed something strange, it sounds like water running through the pipes but I thought it might be the air exchange fan.  Found the breaker for that and shut it off.  I still hear the sound.

I go down into the former crawl space, I call it my squirm place now. I have to lay down on a creeper just to look around.  No signs of any leaking pipes, it sounds like a lot of water going through the pipe.  I'm stumped!  I'm timing the sump pump and everything seems normal there too.  Confused
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 4:04pm
Shocked If it sounds like water, you WANT to find it FAST. If it were ME, I'd try and locate where I can hear it the clearest and then feel the wall to see if one area is colder than another and maybe feeling damp. Then I'll call for service.
That is, of course, unless you have one of those 'white noise' machines for better rest and that is what it is playing...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 5:22pm
It's the strangest thing!  I even had Mama look around outside on that side of the house. I can hear the water when a toilet is flushed or if Mama turns on the water for the shower.  If something is leaking, no problems with pressure or volume of water, the water has to go somewhere! It doesn't help that they buried the water supply line under 2 feet of concrete. I'm going to try to not worry about it until I can find something wrong. If it's leaking, I'm pretty sure it's on the city's side of the water meter.  What they base the water & sewer rates on.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It's the strangest thing!  I even had Mama look around outside on that side of the house. I can hear the water when a toilet is flushed or if Mama turns on the water for the shower.  If something is leaking, no problems with pressure or volume of water, the water has to go somewhere! It doesn't help that they buried the water supply line under 2 feet of concrete. I'm going to try to not worry about it until I can find something wrong. If it's leaking, I'm pretty sure it's on the city's side of the water meter.  What they base the water & sewer rates on.

Try shutting off the valve for the water coming out of the the water heater and listen to hear if the noise stops.

If there's a leak, it will most likely be in a hot water line.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 7:07am
I've been having trouble sleeping again.  The main thing is our plumbing issue, a guy is coming out here today to give us his expert opinion.  It is giving me a lot of anxiety and I find it difficult to relax my mind.

When I was down below on Thursday morning, I noticed a pretty good size crack in the concrete that they poured the summer of 2016.  That tells me that these big hunks (20 inches thick)  of concrete have moved from the original position. The water supply line comes up through the original crawlspace floor, this movement could have caused a shearing action and broke the pipe.  The surrounding concrete is creating enough of a seal that we still have good water flow yet hear the water leaking.

The problem is that there is so little space now between the new floor and the structure above that raises the question.  How in the hell can they even get to the leak?  Unless someone makes a jackhammer that is only 20 inches tall.  I am looking at a repair that may be almost impossible to make.

With hindsight being 20/20, the engineers should have thought about this and put some sort of sleeve on the water line to prevent this sort of thing from happening.  I'm also afraid that the city has put language in the contract to exclude them from any unintended consequences and financial responsibility.  I paid $260,000 for this house! Do we have to abandon it because f*cking FEMA and the City had their heads up their ass?

I'm going to suggest that the plumber taps into the water line just outside the house, run the line up and through the wall of the house just above the level of the new floor in the crawlspace.  The new pipe would have to have heat tape, insulation and a box built around it to keep it from freezing in the winter time. We can't afford to make the repair let alone hire some attorney to try to fight this.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 3:23pm

With hindsight being 20/20, the engineers should have thought about this and put some sort of sleeve on the water line to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

And not only that, but they should have left plenty of space around the pipe to access it in the event of a leak or other repair issues.

I'm going to suggest that the plumber taps into the water line just outside the house, run the line up and through the wall of the house just above the level of the new floor in the crawlspace.  The new pipe would have to have heat tape, insulation and a box built around it to keep it from freezing in the winter time. We can't afford to make the repair let alone hire some attorney to try to fight this.

That sounds like a good plan and probably your best bet.

Best of luck with it!!!

Keep us informed as to how it's going, too!!!

(Maybe you'll get lucky and the leak will be outside the house anyway.)

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 8:27pm
Now, it's hurry up and wait.  I talked to a guy on Saturday, he was not willing to schedule the appointment.

I don't know how busy they are but I think they know that I have a serious problem here.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 9:05pm
Have you checked your water meter to see if it's moving while all the faucets and taps are shut off?

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 3:45am
They replaced the meter with one that can be read from the street, no visible digits.  That's the one thing I am fairly sure about, the pipe is broken before it gets to the meter. All of the plumbing after the meter is in the open air so I would be able to see the leak.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 6:00am
Quote They replaced the meter with one that can be read from the street, no visible digits.

There should still be a meter you can read on it (otherwise you have to take the utility company's word for it?)  It should be located next to the shutoff valve (most likely it's covered in dirt, if it's in the ground like mine is...)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 4:48pm
The plumbers can't get here until Thursday!

They relocated the water meter close to the point of access to the crawlspace. It's kinda dark but I still don't see any digital readout. It has wires that send the data to a sender on the outside of the house.

The stacks of paperwork I have to go through!  (headache)

The great crack of aka's crete...What I believe is the cause of our water leak! Angry

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 7:58pm
Those last two pictures look like satellite photos of the surface of another planet.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 7:25am
It is like another world down there! A world of misery and despair!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 3:38pm

It is like another world down there! A world of misery and despair!

But the aka ron Rover is on the job and transmitting images!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 3:53pm
LOLLOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 4:02pm
Can I get that Rover with the endoscope option?  I like to check the crack at dawn!!  Tongue

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 4:36pm

Can I get that Rover with the endoscope option?  I like to check the crack at dawn!!  Tongue

I've got one of those endoscopes.

Bought it to use with my Android tablet.

Worked a couple of times then quit.

Worked with my laptop the last time I tried it, but that doesn't do me much good.

I think the problem is with the micro USB plug.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 197>
  Share Topic