Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 6:53pm
Well, it's been a long time coming, our cat Falloon died from cancer today, she passed away in my dad's arms as he was going to euthenize her. According to him she passed quietly. I don't feel like doing anything, I feel numb, the last couple of days were downright brutal!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Well, it's been a long time coming, our cat Falloon died from cancer today, she passed away in my dad's arms as he was going to euthenize her. According to him she passed quietly. I don't feel like doing anything, I feel numb, the last couple of days were downright brutal!

You have my deepest sympathies Ad n.

One of my cats passed away a few weeks ago. So sad to lose our beloved critters.

Just be glad she lived a good, safe and happy life and she's not suffering anymore.

Take care.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 8:30pm
No doubt, it was merciful that she's passed, she was suffering nutrient depletion due to the tumor taking it away from her. She was sadly getting skinnier and skinnier, it was hell! She was going to die anyway either way so passing away silently was preferable.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 12:01am

Recent pic of Neil.  RIP.  Cry

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 12:04am

So sorry to hear this, AdN.  Cry

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 1:16am

Well, it's been a long time coming, our cat Falloon died from cancer today, she passed away in my dad's arms as he was going to euthenize her. According to him she passed quietly  
DisapproveSorry for your misfortune, Adn..know she is in a better place, now. Keep the good memories.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 4:58am
Speaking of cats, it looks like I adopted a new one today.

Didn't want to, but I'm just a sucker for homeless cats, I guess.

It all stems from the cat I found a week or two ago and returned to it's owner down the street. In communicating via a local community message board, I became aware of another lost/found cat that had begun hanging around this lady's duplex rental unit, but she couldn't keep it due to the complex's no pets rule.

The lady wasn't sure what was going to become of the cat, so I made arrangements to go pick it up. Turns out the location was so close to my neighborhood, I could've walked there.

Thing is, in our communications, the lady referred to the cat as "she" and "her", which woulda been cool because I figured my male cat wouldn't fight with a female.

After I got the cat home, a quick lift of the tail confirmed that "she" is actually a HE, something which could portend future problems.

Anyway, I've got the "new guy" out on the enclosed front porch for now and all is peaceful. I'll try to figure out something. At least I don't have to worry about him already being pregnant, plus he's been fixed, which is good.

Trying to figure out what to name him.

Thinking of calling him "Newbie".

Or "Noobie".
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 8:54am

Congrats!

The gender may not be a problem.  In my old CA neighborhood, with all the cats that roamed about, only one was a female.  Some of the males tended to hassle her.  She was stressed out, and losing fur.  It was only my little Killer who'd tried to befriend her.  I told you the story.  He finally managed to woo her one night (she gave him face!), and then he died the next day.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 1:41pm
Well, I hope it works out well with these two, but my lil' Fidget isn't a real big fan of other cats. He was getting his back up over that female cat I had in here for a couple of days last week.

Not sure but I think Noobie might be an older cat. Maybe he's just a little skinny from being outside and not eating enough, but he seems a little bit on the frail side.

Nice, friendly cat though. He was definitely used to having an indoor home and was looking for a new one. The lady I got him from said he kept going inside her place un-coaxed.

When I first let him out of the carrier, he didn't freak out or anything. Just made himself comfortable.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 4:38pm
Sorry for your loss,  Ad N and Thor.  Good luck with the new kitty, Jimbo.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Knowing we didn't have any meal plan in place,^ there is a Subway right on the river. I can see using the boat to get some of the things I need. It takes about the same amount of time (idle zone) but it's less wear, gas for one of the land vehicles.

Do they sell fish subs?

I think that's an idea that Subway should look into.

*NEWSFLASH*

LJS's has $1.00 Baja Fish Tacos on Tuesdays!!

My friend Dave, brought me some fresh perch and a batter mix to fry up one of these days.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 5:48pm
That's some good lookin' chow.

Maybe someday I'll be able to eat that kind of tasty stuff again.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 10:48pm
Subway sells tunaFISH subs.
Best made on Italian herb bread - a little mayo, gobs of tuna smothered in jalapenos and topped with provolone cheese, baked for a minute or so.
Wonderful.  
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:55am
I was talking about battered fish fillet type subs, though.

What you're talking about are tunafish SALAD subs.

Not the same.

Besides, I NEVER eat tuna salad that wasn't made by me, a family member or a friend who made it while I watched them.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 1:19am
Baloney.
Fish is fish and I would have said "salad" if I meant salad. I meant ground-up tuna, not battered fish patties, or, the 'Florida Favorite', mullet...bottom-dwelling garbage monger of the bay area. Not too bad if blackened and boneless.
And what is this phobia you have with tuna? Bad date?Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 4:23am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Baloney.
Fish is fish and I would have said "salad" if I meant salad. I meant ground-up tuna, not battered fish patties, or, the 'Florida Favorite', mullet...bottom-dwelling garbage mongerĀ of the bay area. Not too bad if blackened and boneless.

What they sell at Subway is tuna salad.

Ground up tuna, mayo and other odds and ends. Many years ago I moonlighted at a local Subway for a few months, and had the ummmm.... "pleasure".... ...of mixing up the occasional batch of the goo.

And also of course, occasionally schlopping it on a subroll for the rare misguided fool who was brave and desperate enough to actually want to eat one.

As far as I know, none of them died or became deathly ill, although I was always worried after they'd leave the restaurant, about hearing the words "accessory to ____________" at my arraignment.

I dunno.

Maybe those Buffalo bottom feeders have cast iron stomachs and aren't affected by a bit of ptomaine or salmonella poisoning here and there.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 2:59pm

Baloney.
Fish is fish and I would have said "salad" if I meant salad. I meant ground-up tuna, not battered fish patties, or, the 'Florida Favorite', mullet...bottom-dwelling garbage monger of the bay area. Not too bad if blackened and boneless.

What they sell at Subway is tuna salad.

Ground up tuna, mayo and other odds and ends. Many years ago I moonlighted at a local Subway for a few months, and had the ummmm.... "pleasure".... ...of mixing up the occasional batch of the goo.

And also of course, occasionally schlopping it on a subroll for the rare misguided fool who was brave and desperate enough to actually want to eat one.

As far as I know, none of them died or became deathly ill, although I was always worried after they'd leave the restaurant, about hearing the words "accessory to ____________" at my arraignment.

I dunno.

Maybe those Buffalo bottom feeders have cast iron stomachs and aren't affected by a bit of ptomaine or salmonella poisoning here and there.

So....YOU 'moonlight' at one subway location somewhere sometime in the past. I guess we better listen because I am just absolutely positive all Subways operate identically and have for quite some time. Yeaaaaaaaaa...I don't think all practices are identical so I'm going to have to kindly disagree and say I usually look over any dining establishment I might be considering at 'feeding time'. I do this because I have suffered food poisoning a few times.
Shocked"Food poisoning???!!! Where Paw, where???", you ask? Well, the worst being a Jack In The Box in Texas, years back - to this day I will not eat at one.
'Iron Stomach'? Actually, no. Used to be pretty tough, but not so much these days.
And 'Buffalo Fish'?LOL Anyone who would eat a fish out of the mighty Niagara has totally lost their mind (or is due to after a few fish). Stinkin' things have their own version of Bubonic Plague and also basically glow in the dark from all the pollution, especially up near 'Petrochemical Land' (Niagara and the ever-seeping Love Canal, which, under Trump has been deemed 'safe to live in', once again).

Anyway...eating fish from local waters? Be sure and check your local State Game & Wildlife site for 'safe practices'.

And a Subway Tuna that doesn't go by the name of 'Evelyn from Manhattan'? Well, I guess one should use their best judgment....

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 6:26pm
Quote So....YOU 'moonlight' at one subway location somewhere sometime in the past. I guess we better listen because I am just absolutely positive all Subways operate identically and have for quite some time. Yeaaaaaaaaa...I don't think all practices are identical so I'm going to have to kindly disagree

Subway is a national franchise chain just like McDonald's, BK, Wendy's, KFC, Popeye's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, etc, etc, etc.

And like all national franchise chains, every location is supposed to do everything exactly the same as every other one, according to the corporate rule book and training manual.

The reason for this, is of course.... CONSISTENCY.

They want customers to know that no matter where they are, they can expect to a reasonable degree, to get exactly the same food as they get at their home location.

Pretty simple concept really.

Brainchild I believe, of this guy...

Ray Kroc, founder of McDonald's.

Hence the reason why a Big Mac in Buffalo is the same as a Big Mac in Boise.

And a Subway tuna sub in Tampa is the same as a Subway tuna sub in Tacoma.

Capiche??

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 5:55am
I've always wanted a traffic cone, and now I own one.  Big smile  Drove past an abandoned one by the side of the road & went back and got it.  I was a bit careless (didn't put the flashers on when I pulled over) & traffic was a bit heavier than I  thought, but it all worked out... Wink
The downside for today was finding my largest pineapple with a hole chewed in the side. Angry The 3 other survivors are now on my back porch...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 5:25pm
Speaking of fruit...My buddy Dave mixed up his own recipe for fruit punch on Saturday. He and his wife went out on the river with us.  Every kind of fresh fruit you can imagine.
Watermelon
Strawberries
Pineapple
Oranges
Grapefruit, etc.
 Some soft drinks and some hard ones as well.  It had a real punch!  Anyway, to my point.

I usually buy something like this for the wifey, something I will drink if she doesn't.  This is pretty good!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 6:57pm

Quote So....YOU 'moonlight' at one subway location somewhere sometime in the past. I guess we better listen because I am just absolutely positive all Subways operate identically and have for quite some time. Yeaaaaaaaaa...I don't think all practices are identical so I'm going to have to kindly disagree

Subway is a national franchise chain just like McDonald's, BK, Wendy's, KFC, Popeye's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, etc, etc, etc.

And like all national franchise chains, every location is supposed to do everything exactly the same as every other one, according to the corporate rule book and training manual.

The reason for this, is of course.... CONSISTENCY.

They want customers to know that no matter where they are, they can expect to a reasonable degree, to get exactly the same food as they get at their home location.

Pretty simple concept really.

Brainchild I believe, of this guy...

Ray Kroc, founder of McDonald's.

Hence the reason why a Big Mac in Buffalo is the same as a Big Mac in Boise.

And a Subway tuna sub in Tampa is the same as a Subway tuna sub in Tacoma.

Capiche??
TongueI just had me a $3 triple pickle burger for lunch - thank Ray!
Aside from the CONSISTENT MENU, other practices may not always be CONSISTENT and one Subway in Tampa may not be the same as the next Subway in Tampa. I'm a card-carrying customer there, Jackson! I KNOW *my* Subways and their little differences in areas such as precise food prep, cleanliness of establishment - especially of food prep area, and TUNA. Maybe I've seen their 'mayo tuna' and 'tuna that is only tuna', which is tuna the Subways I choose sell. I'm picky for my fixin's and you are SO CORRECT when you insinuated 'Delis are THE PLACE to go should one want to try out some new food poisoning' ...or, are you sure maybe you didn't moonlight at Quiznos'?Wink

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 7:46pm

Aside from the CONSISTENT MENU, other practices may not always be CONSISTENT and one Subway in Tampa may not be the same as the next Subway in Tampa. I'm a card-carrying customer there, Jackson! I KNOW my Subways (but not Quiznos'), so suck my sub...or, are you sure maybe you didn't moonlight at Quiznos'?Wink

Such as precise food prep, cleanliness of establishment - especially of food prep area, and TUNA.

Maybe I've seen their 'mayo tuna' and 'tuna that is only tuna', which is tuna the Subways I choose sell.
I'm picky for my fixin's.

You are INcorrect, sir.

Certainly some franchises are run better than others in terms of cleanliness and other ancillary matters. But they all get their food from one single, national supplier and it is all EXACTLY the same food. Same with branded, corporate logo items like cups and napkins, etc.

Maybe they've changed their tuna since I worked there, but either way, when I first spoke of the possibility of Subway coming up with a "fish sub", I was obviously not talking about mushed or shredded up tuna slop.

I meant nice, baked, browned and/or battered crispy fish fillets.

I woulda figured any knucklehead could have figured that out from the git go, but maybe there are certain "special" knuckleheads who need extra 'splainin.

Are you a "special knucklehead" Pa?

Anyway, feel free to go enjoy yourself a disgusting tuna mush sub with my blessings.

But PLEASE... just don't regale us with any descriptive tales of the resulting diarrhea, though.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 8:16pm

Aside from the CONSISTENT MENU, other practices may not always be CONSISTENT and one Subway in Tampa may not be the same as the next Subway in Tampa. I'm a card-carrying customer there, Jackson! I KNOW my Subways (but not Quiznos'), so suck my sub...or, are you sure maybe you didn't moonlight at Quiznos'?Wink

Such as precise food prep, cleanliness of establishment - especially of food prep area, and TUNA.

Maybe I've seen their 'mayo tuna' and 'tuna that is only tuna', which is tuna the Subways I choose sell.
I'm picky for my fixin's.

You are INcorrect, sir.

Certainly some franchises are run better than others in terms of cleanliness and other ancillary matters. But they all get their food from one single, national supplier and it is all EXACTLY the same food. Same with branded, corporate logo items like cups and napkins, etc.

Maybe they've changed their tuna since I worked there, but either way, when I first spoke of the possibility of Subway coming up with a "fish sub", I was obviously not talking about mushed or shredded up tuna slop.

I meant nice, baked, browned and/or battered crispy fish fillets.

I woulda figured any knucklehead could have figured that out from the git go, but maybe there are certain "special" knuckleheads who need extra 'splainin.

Are you a "special knucklehead" Pa?

Anyway, feel free to go enjoy yourself a disgusting tuna mush sub with my blessings.

But PLEASE... just don't regale us with any descriptive tales of the resulting diarrhea, though.

Big smile'Special Knucklehead'? That would be me, thank you very much! Baked/browned/crispy fish filets? Tilapia? Yea...have it your way - I'll stick with Tuna. I'm just an ol'wolf, what do I know, other than this?
Dead"One turd taco to trot!"
Enjoy yer tilapia toilet taco there Tonto!Dead

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 9:01am
I used to like Subway's meatball subs.  But the one closest to me always had the meatballs swimming in grease.  I had to go to one further away for a good one.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I used to like Subway's meatball subs.  But the one closest to me always had the meatballs swimming in grease.  I had to go to one further away for a good one.

ShockedShockedShockedOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! I'm telling Jimbo on you! He will tell you that is impossible as the ingredients used at every Subway are identical and YOU are calling him a fibber because YOU believe one Subway has greasier balls than another. That would be like saying the Tuna could be different, or maybe the tomatoes. Why didn't ol'Mule jump all over you for this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 197>
  Share Topic