Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 4:43pm
LOLLOL

It does something like that if the stern drive isn't down where it should be.

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 4:40am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm very pleased to announce that the boat is in the water!  Nice smooth idle, good takeoff power, clean smelling exhaust. I had to wake up Mama so she could hear the phone if I had trouble.
WinkGlad to hear she's all dressed up and ready to float...now keep her safe and away from bad watering holes like they have in Cleveland.
Image result for photo river on fire
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 5:06pm
^LOL  Are those Asian Carp?

I trimmed the bushes around the house...I'm hurtin for certain! The wife was kind enough to rake it up.

It's hot!  88 degrees, feels like 100. It's friggin crazy uptown, lawn chairs lining Main Street, traffic slowed to a crawl. They are closing the bridge on the 7th...AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry!  I don't see how the f*cking Wisconsin DOT can take such a long time and screw up so many peoples lives for this type of project.  Now!  There is a detour in the detour!

Mama has been relieved of her duties as Grandma/Babysitter. Troy, Henry's father, was fired from his job.

I mentioned to her the other day, the only bad thing about this is...I don't get as many hugs!  I always get a hug when she leaves! 
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 10:14pm
Too bad Troy lost his job, but great for you and Mama!  You'll have to send Mama out on errands to get more hugs!  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 4:00pm
I finally fixed my right front tire, if there isn't another leak.  It was going flat in only 2 days.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 5:09pm
My decision to order a new remote for the converter was a good one, it came in the mail today. I did a scan and got my missing channels back.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 5:13pm

My decision to order a new remote for the converter was a good one, it came in the mail today. I did a scan and got my missing channels back.
Big smileNow you have everything to become a good vegetable once again.Wink
Puffy, red, tired eyes? Heavy eyelids? Getting heavier? Heavier. Completely relaxed now. On the count of 10, you will awaken fresh, invigorated and ready to support our following sponsors…
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:13pm
LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:11pm
I love this time of the year, we get 6 to 8 weeks of some REALLY GOOD sweet corn.  With a blizzard in mid-April, it kinda screwed up the growing season.  I told Mama to keep an eye out for anyone selling corn, she went to meet her friend yesterday and picked some up on her way home.

Look out tummy below, prepare for an obscene amount of butter and salt!  The ears are small, could have been left in the field another week, but they will be delicious!  I bought 4 chicken breasts too, already cooked but they warm up well.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 6:06pm
I had 4 sprinklers that weren't working right, two of them just needed the grassed pulled away.  The one by our bedroom was clogged. Rainbird makes a tool to remove the whole head.  I just forced some air through the nozzle and that's all it takes.  The one on the front yard just needed an adjustment so it sprayed a full 180 degrees.

We have some awesome looking corn on the cob, I cooked a sirloin tip roast in the crock pot yesterday.
With the gravy I buy, this should be a really good supper time.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 6:34pm
Next April I will have lived in my house for 20 years.

In that time, I've never once watered my yard!!!!

Of course, we get about 7 or 8 inches of rain per month around here in the summer.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 6:38pm

LOL

I just remembered that I postef that pic a few years ago.

It was in a thread where Donathan was talking about he and his girlfriend.

I posted that pic as being the two of them.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 8:58am

I love this time of the year, we get 6 to 8 weeks of some REALLY GOOD sweet corn.  With a blizzard in mid-April, it kinda screwed up the growing season.  I told Mama to keep an eye out for anyone selling corn, she went to meet her friend yesterday and picked some up on her way home.

Look out tummy below, prepare for an obscene amount of butter and salt!  The ears are small, could have been left in the field another week, but they will be delicious!  I bought 4 chicken breasts too, already cooked but they warm up well.

For me, this is watermelon time of year.  It was a rocky start with the watermelons of June not all great, but at this point, they've all been good.

Found this drink called WTRMLN.  Cold-press watermelon juice.  Very good, but expensive.  I paid $3.99 for a 12oz bottle.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 8:50am
Haven't felt much like posting lately.  Besides my sleep issues, an old friend of mine got sick recently (just a few weeks ago) and was diagnosed with cancer.  Right now, he's on end-of-life hospice care.

I've known this guy since college, but became friends with him in SF.  Name's Neil.  Lives in LA.  Shares a buncha friends in common with me.  I haven't seen him in years, but we keep in touch via email.

I'll miss him.  Cry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 6:43pm
Best wishes for your old friend, Thor.

I'm having one of those count your blessings days!  It doesn't get much better than this. Me and the wife enjoying the summer weather.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 5:35pm
Knowing we didn't have any meal plan in place,^ there is a Subway right on the river. I can see using the boat to get some of the things I need. It takes about the same amount of time (idle zone) but it's less wear, gas for one of the land vehicles.

I have a roast and some potatoes in the crock pot now!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:55pm

Knowing we didn't have any meal plan in place,^ there is a Subway right on the river. I can see using the boat to get some of the things I need. It takes about the same amount of time (idle zone) but it's less wear, gas for one of the land vehicles.

Do they sell fish subs?

I think that's an idea that Subway should look into.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 10:25pm
My old friend Neil died this AM.  There's a whole Google page called Friends of Neil (he had millions of friends) set up to discuss his illness and plans, and all sorts of pics being posted.

Here's one of him (on the left) with my other friend Larry at a Hot Tuna concert last year in Golden Gate Park.

Never mind.  Not posting.  Postimage won't accept it either.  Maybe 'cuz it's from a private website?? Whatever.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 11:23pm
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Did you try to save the pic to your HD then upload to Postimage?

If that didn't work and you still want to post it:

1) do a screen shot (prt scrn/print screen key),

2) paste it into a "new" Windows Paint canvas,

3) crop it if necessary

4) name it and save it as a .jpg file

5) upload to Postimage.

Easy peasy.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Do they sell fish subs?

LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 3:08pm

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Do they sell fish subs?

LOL

Looks like it could be the latest menu item at TACO BELL HELL

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 3:20pm
Speaking of hell, I just cleaned out the gutters on the back side of the house.  Cottonwood seed pods galore.  I had a couple of branches touching the house, too. I trimmed those back.  I should probably clean the arch pieces of glass while I have the ladder out.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 3:23pm

Speaking of hell, I just cleaned out the gutters on the back side of the house.  Cottonwood seed pods galore.  I had a couple of branches touching the house, too. I trimmed those back.  I should probably clean the arch pieces of glass while I have the ladder out.

I've got some tree trimming to do myself.

Tree branches have grown out and are touching my roof.

Gotta get out the fold up aluminum ladder and my electric pole saw.

Pain in the ass.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 5:05pm
Is anybody else getting pop-ups like this?

Weird, Huh?

I get other annoying crap popping up all the time.  Confused
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 6:29pm

Is anybody else getting pop-ups like this?

Weird, Huh?

I get other annoying crap popping up all the time.  Confused

Never seen anything like that before.

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot cursor.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 197>
  Share Topic