Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Yeah, I've seen those nanny/kitty cams.  So, you can check to see if YOU are doing OK?  LOL

Just skiddin man!

No, I've always known that I'm not "OK"....

Actually I've used it to monitor my house while I was away.

When my sister was living with my mom, she'd go out of town every couple of months to visit her MIL for three days at a time. My mom was too frail to be left on her own for three days, so I'd go stay with her.

Being the "security conscious" (paranoid) type that I am, I bought a WiFi camera and set it up so I could relax a little bit and not spend the entire three days fretting and worrying about whether or not my house had caught on fire or gotten broken into, etc, etc.

And that my cats were safe too, of course.

Worth every nickel I spent on it, just for the peace of mind.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:12am

Mama bought us a new toy, a trail cam.  It was a little more comfortable for me to walk this morning so I went to the grocery store, the cam takes 8 AA batteries. 

You'll be doing a lot more walking to replace batteries.  Wink  I used rechargeables for my cam (big money saver over a year.)  Sadly, my cam burned out last year, but it did it's job of catching my newspaper thief.  But it was also fun to see who/what passed by on the street at night/early morning...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:36am
Years ago, my bro and sis-in-law boarded their two dogs while they went on a cruise.  One of the features of the kennel was that they had cams in every "room", and you could log onto their website and watch your pets living their week in a cage.  I guess that's a mixed bag.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 5:49pm
I'm not sure WTF is going on with my computer.  It won't conduct a simple search for me.

I just spent about 30 arduous minutes of time in my old photosuckit account.  Maybe I should call in from Mozilla?  That might be the problem.  Anyway, Photobucket lets you do some things to manipulate photos.  I don't think it will let me do this.  Some advice from Jimbo or TNIP would be helpful. I looked up 'Photoshop'. It gave me a download that went nowhere.  I want to place this photo...

On this background...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 5:59pm
PS
  I did get some pics of some coons in the back yard last night, I didn't record the pics. The memory card is outside .
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:23pm

I'm not sure WTF is going on with my computer.  It won't conduct a simple search for me.

I just spent about 30 arduous minutes of time in my old photosuckit account.  Maybe I should call in from Mozilla?  That might be the problem.  Anyway, Photobucket lets you do some things to manipulate photos.  I don't think it will let me do this.  Some advice from Jimbo or TNIP would be helpful. I looked up 'Photoshop'. It gave me a download that went nowhere.  I want to place this photo...

On this background...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:29pm
Thanks, Jimbo!  But that's not a dog.  It's a Chupacabra.  That's where I see all of the LOL comments. Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

On this background...

LOLLOLLOLLOL

An amazing piece of work, I'm showing it to my wife right now!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:46pm
I downloaded the app I was talking about before I edited the post and put the pasted pic in it's place.

Great app!!!

That was my first attempt, so later on I'll redo it and improve a few little things I could've done better.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:33pm
Did another one. The more I use the app, the more I understand how it works. Did some finer editing especially around the legs and paws.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 7:41am
What's the App called?  My Facebook friends and family should get a good kick out of this.  Jimbo will get an honorable mention, of course.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 10:43am

The better half picking up sticks.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 2:41pm

What's the App called?  My Facebook friends and family should get a good kick out of this.  Jimbo will get an honorable mention, of course.

It's called Cut Paste Images.

Google Play

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 5:44pm
I went there and signed in, my computer dumbass is kicking in. Loaded one image, not much luck cutting and pasting.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 5:31pm
It appears Google Play wants me to download to a device, not my old OS on a PC.  I've tried half a dozen other downloads for photo editing. Most of them tease me and then say...'Buy Now'  F*ck that! Windows 7 even has a program, I've yet to be able to actually remove part of a photo and add an image on top of it.

Not a big deal, that's what I get for living with this old computer.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 7:45pm
For the app I used, you have to have a tablet or possibly a smartphone.

Something with a touch screen and no hard drive.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 3:39am
I think one of my kitties doesn't have much time left. She's been getting thinner and thinner over the past few months, even though she's been eating a lot. And for the past week or two, her poop output has been very little, though she still pees up a storm.

This evening for the first time, she barely touched her dinner. Now she's begun lying down on the smooth concrete floor of the front porch when she had always preferred her elevated spot right in front of the window.

Ever since I brought Fidget inside she's wanted to stay outside on the front porch. Never wanted anything to do with him.

Poor old thing. I hate to see her go, even though she was never much for being friendly or affectionate, though she could be in her own way.

I'll just have to wait, watch and try to keep her comfortable and hydrated.

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 4:25am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I think one of my kitties doesn't have much time left. She's been getting thinner and thinner over the past few months, even though she's been eating a lot. And for the past week or two, her poop output has been very little, though she still pees up a storm.

This evening for the first time, she barely touched her dinner. Now she's begun lying down on the smooth concrete floor of the front porch when she had always preferred her elevated spot right in front of the window.

Ever since I brought Fidget inside she's wanted to stay outside on the front porch. Never wanted anything to do with him.

Poor old thing. I hate to see her go, even though she was never much for being friendly or affectionate, though she could be in her own way.

I'll just have to wait, watch and try to keep her comfortable and hydrated.
I'm sorry to hear this.  Maybe if you take her in to the vet they can hydrate her subcutaneously and find out exactly what is wrong.  How old is she, do you know?  She probably has chronic kidney disease aka chronic renal failure if she urinates a lot.  Losing weight is loss of muscle in old age also.  Loss of appetite is not good.  Can you tempt her with something really yummy to her, like strong smelling fishy food?  I hope for the best but I think you're probably right.  Unhappy

Hug
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 6:42am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this.  Maybe if you take her in to the vet they can hydrate her subcutaneously and find out exactly what is wrong.  How old is she, do you know?  She probably has chronic kidney disease aka chronic renal failure if she urinates a lot.  Losing weight is loss of muscle in old age also.  Loss of appetite is not good.  Can you tempt her with something really yummy to her, like strong smelling fishy food?  I hope for the best but I think you're probably right.  Unhappy

Hug

She's just very old. I first saw her hanging around here back in 2006 and she was an adult cat already. If she was one year old then, that would make her a minimum of 13 y/o now. Probably more like around 15.

She ate a little more canned food just awhile ago. She's still pretty spry, too. She can still climb and jump, so maybe she's not as close as I was thinking. I'm keeping an eye on her.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 8:29am
Sorry to say this, Jimbo, but this is how my Mal was getting before he died---losing weight, losing his appetite, very little crap, etc.  One day, I saw him try to crap, but he couldn't force it out.  I tried to get at it and pull it out myself, but it went back in.  I took him to the vet, who pulled it out with his fingers.  He also hydrated him and gave him a laxative, neither of which did anything.

Chicken broth and canned tuna seemed to appeal somewhat to Mal during those days.  Also, canned cream.

Good luck.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 2:58pm
Good luck with the old kitty.  That's the toughest thing about having pets, saying goodbye.

I got the tractor running, had to jump it. Rode it around to my burn pile, I let it run while I cleaned up the dead plant material on the Hostas. That 15 minutes running was enough to charge the battery.

2 out of the 3 pine trees at the corner of the back yard are dying. The boat cover is shot, the support poles poked two holes.  Might have been the heavy wet snow from a couple weeks ago.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:34pm
Jimbo, did your cat turn out ok? I know it's late, but I've been there. Had one of my favorite cats die on one of my favorite boots. Buried it with her. I wish you and your cat the best.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 6:38pm
Mama caught this little snapping turtle on our back porch.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 7:30pm
^^^TongueHow cute, aka! Doncha know it just came by to crawl into a pot of boiling water for about 8-10 minutes after you chop his little head off. These nasty little ankle-biters can be tasty!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 7:45pm
^LOL

I told her not to go out there, he just wants to chomp on her cute little toes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 197>
  Share Topic