Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 2:08pm
Thought that you guys and gals might find this cute.

Yay! A different browser gives me the correct options. Thank you to all of you who fixed my screw ups recently.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:59am
^ Nice to see you again!  Thanks for posting that video of the baby squirrel!  Thumbs Up
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 8:57am
As cute as any kitten or puppy!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 6:35pm
Hope you are doing well, I8.  We have family squirrels that eat from the bird feeders.

I don't have all of those raunchy cable channels anymore. But I do remember this from Tosh.0  LOL

They must be from Indiana! Embarrassed

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 10:16am
Black jellybeans will turn your sh*t green.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 5:14am
Eat them with some orange ones and you should get a nice shade of olive drab... LOL (black + orange = olive drab)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:38pm
There is a Mourning Dove tweeting me a song right outside my window,  I love those guys!

Mama, has informed her daughter that she just can't do 5 days a week babysitting anymore.  When she first brought it up, I can't tell her not to do it, that wouldn't be right.  She is just worn out after the full weekend a few weeks ago.

I said, you're retired.  Do you want to go back to work?  Not to mention the gas money, wear and tear on her truck. I kinda miss the old gal too.   She does get a free veggie sub, employee discount.

I asked Mama how much she (her daughter) makes a week. I'm tempted to just give that to them, that would really screw up our monthly budget.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 6:31pm
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:38am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

There is a Mourning Dove tweeting me a song right outside my window,  I love those guys!

Mama, has informed her daughter that she just can't do 5 days a week babysitting anymore.  When she first brought it up, I can't tell her not to do it, that wouldn't be right.  She is just worn out after the full weekend a few weeks ago.

I said, you're retired.  Do you want to go back to work?  Not to mention the gas money, wear and tear on her truck. I kinda miss the old gal too.   She does get a free veggie sub, employee discount.

I asked Mama how much she (her daughter) makes a week. I'm tempted to just give that to them, that would really screw up our monthly budget.
I love mourning doves too!  I love listening to birds chirping, cooing, singing, warbling, whatever.

Good for Mama!  That's ridiculous to make Grandma babysit their kids all week, for free!  Darling Daughter needs to step up and either figure out a way budget-wise to be a stay-at-home mom, or pay a decent babysitter or daycare center to tend to the kiddies.  Her life, her choice.  You deserve to have your wife with you now that she's retired!  JMHO, of course.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:52am
Thanks, DRS. She came home really grumpy yesterday.  To make it worse, she has had this cough for over a week now and she's not sleeping well. Mama had to pick up the 10 year old at school yesterday which means putting the 3 year old in a car seat, he was fighting her all the way.  He's a hand full.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 8:59am
Yeah, she needs to set limits so she doesn't start resenting those grandkids.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 1:59pm

Mama had to pick up the 10 year old at school yesterday which means putting the 3 year old in a car seat, he was fighting her all the way.  He's a hand full.

I think it's probably a good thing I never had kids.

I can't say for sure that I wouldn't be in prison right now...
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 5:20pm
They can wear on your last nerve. Hell, I think corporal punishment is considered abuse, these days.

I think kids our age were better behaved...or else! Wink

I asked Mama to get me something for joint health. I took some 'move free ultra' about a year ago.  I don't think it helped very much.  Now, I have some of this stuff.

Product Image

The freaking pills are the size of .38 caliber bullet!  No way I can swallow that! Mama saw me using a steak knife to cut it down....Embarrassed  Wait a minute honey!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 3:46pm

but wait! There are even MORE (very stupid people)

ME!!  Embarrassed

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 3:56pm
Uh oh!!!!

What did you do this time?????

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 4:34pm
I had one more chore to do, I needed some firewood. There's a guy down the road about 5 miles that sells small stacks of wood, 10 and 20 bucks worth.  I could tell that the lot had not been plowed yet.

So, my bonehead move of the day on worn out tires. I just hammer down hoping I could make it through a 2 foot drift.  I was still able to move from forward to reverse, I went back and forth a few times to make sure I had traction. When I tried to backup to the road, I missed the entrance just enough to fall into a ditch.  Sunny Beach!  That's what I need! I told the wife to call a towing company and call me back. I am thankful that the wrecker could be there in only an hour.

My phone was dying, the truck's about out of gas. I had Mama come get me. The dispatcher called me when he found my truck, it was sticking out in the road about a foot. The guy had it out of the ditch when we got there.  100 bucks down the toilet.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:19pm

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:49pm
As if the physical pain I'm feeling from moving so much snow wasn't enough, let's throw in some anguish and regret on top of it.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 1:01pm
Mama bought us a new toy, a trail cam.  It was a little more comfortable for me to walk this morning so I went to the grocery store, the cam takes 8 AA batteries.  I've got it all set up. Once I put some shoes on, I'll strap it to the Maple tree in the middle of the back yard.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 12:27pm
Well, I know it works.  Not sure what triggered the motion sensor. Must have been a bird.  I'm going to put it on a different tree. I like the quality of the photo.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 10:21am
OK, I'm starting to get some pics on the critter cam. Mr. Squirrel!

This might be our Red Fox, probably a possum.

Some strange man...Oh, that's me.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:04pm
Pretty cool gadget.

Maybe I'll get one too. I've been getting email offers for a camera like that from a company called Solid Signal. I've purchased a couple of things from them before, but I've never taken them up on the offers for the trail cam.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:56pm
It might be a good tool for home security. Wink

I didn't even know she bought it, she had some ($50 off any purchase) deal on her amazon membership.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 5:34pm

It might be a good tool for home security. Wink

I didn't even know she bought it, she had some ($50 off any purchase) deal on her amazon membership.

Pretty nice!!

For home security, you want a WiFi camera that you can monitor from your phone or tablet anywhere there's a WiFi signal.

I've got one inside my house overlooking the living room.

Has a microphone for audio, too.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 5:48pm
Yeah, I've seen those nanny/kitty cams.  So, you can check to see if YOU are doing OK?  LOL

Just skiddin man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 197>
  Share Topic