Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Great shot, Jimbo.

I delivered newspapers for a few years, saw lots of 'lights in the sky'.

FYI, the animated gif in my post was just something I downloaded off Google.

I didn't take any pics or video myself.

Being out before sunrise everyday, I'll bet you saw a lot of shooting stars.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Probably depends on what part of town.

Rap superstar Lil Boosie

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Probably depends on what part of town.

Rap superstar Lil Boosie

Yep.

The part of town you're in is everything.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 3:50pm
^^ LOL

We got another inch of snow overnight, I was just getting started with the snowblower when the wheels locked up.  F*ck!  How much is this going to cost, do I need parts, how long will it be down?

I took the cover off of the bottom and found a critter had made a nest and some cushion stuffing was clogging the main drive gear.  EASY FIX!!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 12:43pm
aka ron, I'm curious, did you get it running?
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 12:52pm
^ Yep, I store it in the shed during the summer and that's where the mice found the nesting material.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 2:16pm
Ohhh, so yo have cute little friends. I had friends who would leave cereals in a small wooden box away from their house to keep the mice away. It worked for them. Once spring rolled around, the mice went away.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 2:20pm
I guess what I was trying to say is, bribe the little bastards to stay away from your stuff. House / boat, etc

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 5:57pm
They can do whatever they want out in the shed, not seeing any signs of them being in the house or garage. When I was working on the snowblower, I found sunflower seeds from the bird feeders.  Food Source!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:23pm
Just had spaghetti w/meat sauce, meatballs and Italian sausage + garlic bread.

Made the sauce yesterday and let it mellow in the fridge overnight...

Not bad if I do say so m'self....

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:31pm
Looks good, I made chili yesterday. Enough for several days. I'm being a bad husband, stepfather and grandfather because I didn't go to the Christmas celebration.  My chest feels a little heavy like I'm catching a cold.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:33pm
Did you cook the meatballs/sausage in the sauce, or did you cook that stuff beforehand?

What kind of noodles?  I've been using Bucatini lately.

Romano?  Parmesan?  None, maybe?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:49pm

Looks good, I made chili yesterday. Enough for several days. I'm being a bad husband, stepfather and grandfather because I didn't go to the Christmas celebration.  My chest feels a little heavy like I'm catching a cold.

Worse yet, you're probably farting like a freight train after all that chili.

Probably best you stayed home.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Did you cook the meatballs/sausage in the sauce, or did you cook that stuff beforehand?

What kind of noodles?  I've been using Bucatini lately.

Romano?  Parmesan?  None, maybe?

Cooked the meatballs and sausage together in the crock pot by themselves. Cooked the ground meat (½ turkey ½ beef) in a skillet.

Took the sausage and meatballs out of the crock, drained off the fat, then put them back in with chopped onions and peppers. Poured the sauce (Bertolli Organic Olive Oil, Basil & Garlic) over it, dumped in the ground meat, stirred it all together, then let it slow cook on low for about three hours or so.

Turned off the crock, let it cool to room temp then put it in the fridge overnight.

The pasta is Great Value Whole Wheat thin spaghetti.

Garlic bread was GV as well.

Had GV Romano/Parmesan mixture on top.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 7:05pm
I'd wish the retro channels would play the whole ending credits instead of the abridged version like they did with Adam-12 or squeezing it for yet another LHOP promo like they did for "Emergency!" It's really annoying.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 7:20pm

Worse yet, you're probably farting like a freight train after all that chili.

Probably best you stayed home.
LOL

The Wonder Bible commercial just came on...Thank God for free farts.  Who wants to hold it in?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I'd wish the retro channels would play the whole ending credits instead of the abridged version like they did with Adam-12 or squeezing it for yet another LHOP promo like they did for "Emergency!" It's really annoying.

It just occurred to me recently that they cut scenes out of the shows, too.

I was watching The Patty Duke Show yesterday. It was the episode called The Girl From N.E.P.H.E.W. in which Patty thought a dashing, handsome friend of her dad's who dropped in from London to say hello to Cathy for her father, and who also happened to be an Interpol agent, was on some kind of top secret spy mission (this was the age when James Bond movies were all the rage) so she went all Mata Hari on him. Didn't help that she was gaga over him. So she (in trench coat and sunglasses) with Ross in tow, trailed him into town where he met with a nurse he was involved with.

And the comedy ensured.

Anyway, I missed a small part I wanted to see, so I found the episode in YouTube. Started watching the two simultaneously. It was on TV and my tablet at the same time and I had them both synched to within about a half a second of each other.

The TV broadcast broke for a commercial and when it came back, one of the funniest segments of the show, about a minute or two, was skipped right past.

Sucks!!!!

This was the episode if you're interested.

The part they cut out was the movie theater scene from around 21:00 to around 23:10.

Pretty good.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 7:55am
Sleep can be an elusive thing when it gets this cold, I have the thermostat set at 62. Mama must have fallen asleep on the couch, I heard the furnace running at about 9:30. We have done well preventing the furnace from running. I did cheat this morning just to take the chill off.

I think I'll go to Walmart this morning. My coffee maker stinks and the coffee makes me feel ill.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 9:41am
Been up helping take care of my mother in law since Christmas. She ended up in the hospital for an infection in one of her legs. It almost had to be amputated. She's getting better, slowly, but surely. My better half had to stay home because of her job. We don't have a car and she's within bus and walking distance from her job, and I work from home (well, a converted storage area). This little interlude really hurt financially. My small business may go under because of the time off. I can accept that. It's ok. She's family. I'm just glad that her mom is going to be ok and I'm glad to be home after almost 3 weeks and have internet again. Her mom is going to move to Florida with my lady's sisters. She's 82, so I think that would be really good for her. Between the warmth and the constant care, I hope she does great. I'm just going to have to save enough to send my lady down once or twice a year. No biggie. Sorry for any misspellings, my tablet is being retarded when I try to correct things. 

Anyway, I'd like to wish you all a very belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I wish nothing but the best for you all.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 9:47am
Oh, and I know that there was another conversation started about mental health on another thread, but it was a Donnie thread. If anyone would like to transfer that to here, please feel free.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Been up helping take care of my mother in law since Christmas. She ended up in the hospital for an infection in one of her legs. It almost had to be amputated. She's getting better, slowly, but surely. My better half had to stay home because of her job. We don't have a car and she's within bus and walking distance from her job, and I work from home (well, a converted storage area). This little interlude really hurt financially. My small business may go under because of the time off. I can accept that. It's ok. She's family. I'm just glad that her mom is going to be ok and I'm glad to be home after almost 3 weeks and have internet again. Her mom is going to move to Florida with my lady's sisters. She's 82, so I think that would be really good for her. Between the warmth and the constant care, I hope she does great. I'm just going to have to save enough to send my lady down once or twice a year. No biggie. Sorry for any misspellings, my tablet is being retarded when I try to correct things.

Anyway, I'd like to wish you all a very belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I wish nothing but the best for you all.

Glad to hear that your MIL is doing better i8. Those infections can be serious things!!! Do they know how she got it? Was it through the skin? I'm asking because back in 2016 I developed a staph infection (boil) on the upper left portion of my back. Upper shoulder blade area. To this day, I have no idea how it got there. I'm still thinking possible spider bite.

I tried to treat it myself for nearly two weeks, but it wasn't getting better, so I had to go see a doctor and do a course of antibiotics.

Anyway, hope everything turns out for the best with you and yours.

Maybe you and the missus should consider moving to Florida too.

Not bad if you can stand the summers.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:45pm

Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Glad to hear that your MIL is doing better i8. Those infections can be serious things!!! Do they know how she got it? Was it through the skin? I'm asking because back in 2016 I developed a staph infection (boil) on the upper left portion of my back. Upper shoulder blade area. To this day, I have no idea how it got there. I'm still thinking possible spider bite.

I tried to treat it myself for nearly two weeks, but it wasn't getting better, so I had to go see a doctor and do a course of antibiotics.

Anyway, hope everything turns out for the best with you and yours.

Maybe you and the missus should consider moving to Florida too.

Not bad if you can stand the summers.

She got something from the same hospital that killed my wifes dad with MRSA. He went in fo a check up,  and died a couple weeks later. She has been going to the same doctor for years, and he told her that her foot swelling was normal for her age. Then her foot turned black. He wanted to get it amputated.  Thank God there was a new doctor who looked at her case and said no. He ordered antibiotics to be shot in her foot, along with another odd treatment.  To make a long story short,  she's keeping her once blackened, almost chopped off foot. Thank God that that hospital finally got a real Dr. Such is medical care in NH.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 5:22pm
Mama got this remote speaker for her iPhone, it also acts like Siri or Amazon Echo. Confused

I'm hearing strange female voices in my head.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 8:00pm
I just realized something about retro tv. I'm watching Quincy M.E. it was an episode from 1979 and they were doing an autopsy on a dead lady who died from an ulcer. I was watching it expecting to see a body, thing is THEY NEVER SHOWED THE BODY! I was amazed! Shows how far TV standards have gone.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I just realized something about retro tv. I'm watching Quincy M.E. it was an episode from 1979 and they were doing an autopsy on a dead lady who died from an ulcer. I was watching it expecting to see a body, thing is THEY NEVER SHOWED THE BODY! I was amazed! Shows how far TV standards have gone.

I know what you mean. The modern need and desire for "realism" is what drives the trend towards showing blood and guts. In the old days, a person would get shot and the worst thing you'd see is a red blotch on their shirt. Nowadays, you see the blood, guts and bone fragments splatter against the wall.

And this is in prime time while kids are still up and watching!!!

Then we wonder why society is becoming so violent!!!!

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 197>
  Share Topic