Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:23am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I can run the vacuum more often now that Leah is gone, she would attack it.

I've only done real quick vacuumings lately.  Didn't want to upset Mal.  He was never that bad about the vacuum cleaner, though.  Rocco and Mickey, however, still run from it like it's going to eat them.  Fer Chrissakes, Mickey's known this same vacuum cleaner for 15 years, and it's never once tried to eat him. 

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:35am
There's always a first time.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 6:16am
Got a pretty good haul of 16 CD's at the once-a-year church rummage sale, but oddly, after I got them home, I found that 2 were missing the CD's (even though I opened them after finding them to check for scratches, and they were definitely in their cases at the time.)  Another guy came in at the same time I did & started pulling CD's out left and right, almost filling a box (at least 50.).  We checked out at about the same time, and one of the ladies was opening the cases to make sure they contained CDs.  I think at this time my pile was too close to his and she accidently removed the two and somehow put them in his pile (she was a bit distracted.)   I returned an hour later to see if they'd found the 2 loose CDs, but they didn't, so I'm out $2, a Best of Queen compilation, and a Blue Man Group CD.   Oh well.  It's only $2, but I'm not going to worry about it (the cashier offered to refund the $2, but I refused, as I figure it was my responsibility to have made sure, but they at least took my name & # in case they found them.)   I hope that other guy enjoys the bonus CDs he got...  ErmmErmm 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:40pm
^  Now, what do you do with the cases?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:44pm
Took my Mal to his group incineration today.  Before I did so, I took him out of the bag and showed him to the other cats.  Rocco ran away terrified, but Mickey licked Mal's face and then sat near him, not quite knowing what to make of it.  He's been occasionally checking around for him, so I just wanted to see if this would help it click in that his bro's no longer here.  I made sure he saw me put the body back into the bag and box, and take it out the door.  He may not get it, but who knows?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:50pm
I feel like I was there, now I'm sad.  We did the group funeral fire too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:55pm
RIP Mal...
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 8:55pm

For some reason, today's been the saddest day since he died...maybe because he's now completely outta here.

Mal is no more.  Cry

(...'cept of course in my heart and mind Heart)

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 8:58pm
I remember how I felt after my first two cats died.

It was hard to accept that they were gone.

Same way I've been feeling about my mom.

2017 has been one festering turd of a year.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:03pm
Yeah, I know what you mean about your mom.  My mother had become a shell of who she was (Alzheimer's), so her death was easier to accept.  I realized I'd been "burying" her for years.

My father's death, however, was harder.  He died in July 2001.  When 9/11 happened that year, I went right to the phone to call him.  I caught myself halfway there.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:40pm
I still miss my two previous cats who died in 2010 and 2013.  I will always remember, love and miss them.  I had each cremated and have their urn boxes and paw print clay molds with me at home.

I still have their birthdays and special days (the day I adopted them) on my calendar forever.

My mother died in September 2008 and this year, nine years later, I still cried and felt bad all day.  My brother and I found her dead at her home around noon.  It was a hard thing to go through.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I still miss my two previous cats who died in 2010 and 2013.  I will always remember, love and miss them.  I had each cremated and have their urn boxes and paw print clay molds with me at home.

I still have their birthdays and special days (the day I adopted them) on my calendar forever.

My mother died in September 2008 and this year, nine years later, I still cried and felt bad all day.  My brother and I found her dead at her home around noon.  It was a hard thing to go through.

I guess that of all your relatives, your mother is the hardest one to lose.

So sorry to hear about your loss even though it was so long ago.

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 12:14am
Thank you Jimbo.  Hope you're doing well considering.  It is a huge loss for you too, I know.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 10:30am
For years after my mother died, I had dreams about her.  In the dreams, she had no Alzheimer's and I'd wonder why (in the dream).  I was wondering if it went away, and why no one else in the dream seemed to notice.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 6:30pm
The wife has been putting out all of her Halloween decorations. I have been getting the boat into the garage so I can clean and do the winterization work. I still have to buy a tarp, probably tomorrow.

She also made this for me, she makes costume jewelry as a hobby.

Of course!  Nobody knows my humor better than her!
Is it a bikini spider? "No"  Is it a barking spider? LOL  "No"

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 7:26pm
Tell her I said that looks cool!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:10pm
I've been pretty busy the past 3 days, getting a lot done.

The grates in the gas grill are the perfect size, 10 by 15 inches. I had some 1/4" X 1" bolts, flat washers and nuts here. This will work perfectly to test burn a small pile of pellets. They are predicting a low in the 30's early next week.  It's not practical to burn anything if the temp is above 35 degrees.

In order to put the boat to bed, I have to clean the gutter on that side of the garage when nothing is parked there.  I still have my little fishing boat, too.  I freaking HATE ladders!  Speaking of ladders, I need to get the big extension ladder out to clean the gutter above the dog run.  It's only about 5 feet long but it's about 20 feet high.  I'm not afraid of heights, it's falling that scares me.

I'm pretty good at backing up a trailer, I've been parking this boat in the same place for the last 11 years. I found proof my vision is not what it used to be...I hit the side of the garage with the boat trailer.

DUMBASS!! I have spare pieces of siding.  Embarrassed
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I've been pretty busy the past 3 days, getting a lot done.

The grates in the gas grill are the perfect size, 10 by 15 inches. I had some 1/4" X 1" bolts, flat washers and nuts here. This will work perfectly to test burn a small pile of pellets. They are predicting a low in the 30's early next week.  It's not practical to burn anything if the temp is above 35 degrees.

In order to put the boat to bed, I have to clean the gutter on that side of the garage when nothing is parked there.  I still have my little fishing boat, too.  I freaking HATE ladders!  Speaking of ladders, I need to get the big extension ladder out to clean the gutter above the dog run.  It's only about 5 feet long but it's about 20 feet high.  I'm not afraid of heights, it's falling that scares me.

I'm pretty good at backing up a trailer, I've been parking this boat in the same place for the last 11 years. I found proof my vision is not what it used to be...I hit the side of the garage with the boat trailer.

DUMBASS!! I have spare pieces of siding.  Embarrassed
I'm more afraid of the landing than the falling.Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:23pm
^LOL

I hear ya, Sarge.

Speaking of rough landings, you might have seen this.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:36pm
Talk about a buttcheek clencher!!!

There are some hairier ones than that on YouTube.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:00pm
^ Yes, but I am part of Trump's fake news.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 7:02pm
My body needs a healing day, I did wash the bed sheets and mow the lawn/leaves.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:54pm
Mama and I are going to have a conflict at 1:00.  The Packers play an early game today.

I should just go ahead and buy another digital converter. I haven't had much luck with live TV apps on my Kindle. She has a newer iPhone so she should be able to get live TV.  If not, I'll switch back and forth or get the radio out for the football game.

I found this quiz on Facebook...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:07pm

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:13pm
I got 88.

15 +15 + 15 = 45

4 + 4 + 15 = 23

4 + 3 + 3 = 10

2 + 3 + 3 X 11 = 88
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 197>
  Share Topic