Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 2:26am
To PaWolf:  I am sorry you lost your wife, MissyD.  You have my deepest condolences.  I was unaware of when she passed away, as I wasn't here for a while and then came back and tried to catch up.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss.  Cry
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 7:47pm
Thank You, DRS...my apologies for going on about it on this board - not really proper.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Yuck! I hate the taste of bananas!
No you don't. Lying does not become you, young fag.
You must have forgotten when your wife and daughter found your 'Dave' stories at the bottom of the closet and your wife made you come out of the closet. You used to tell us about your male boss you fell in love with - that you used to hide in the fruit section of the store. Now, The Inquiring Mindless NEED TO KNOW!
Did you ever ask him if that was a banana in his pants or if he was just happy to see you? Did it taste like a banana, or just another penis?

ConfusedDonathan? Can I ask a favor? Can YOU make us a video - TODAY? PLEAAAUUUZZ?!
We all KNOW you hate bananas, but we're just not sure HOW MUCH.
The Inquiring Mindless NEED TO KNOW!  Would you please create a video of yourself taking the 'Banana-Sprite Challenge'? PLEASE?! NOW?!!
We need to see it right away.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Yuck! I hate the taste of bananas!

That's all!?

That all you have to say!?

PaWolf just told us something sad and all you say is "I hate bananas"

Jeez, at least acknowledge it!

Sorry for your loss Pa I know how special she was to you.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 12:37am

...and now, back to Donathan and the Banana/Sprite Challenge, please...Wink

I want pictures or a spewtube video since he never has sent us a photocopy of his driver's license,

(and thanks, Adn...)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 6:16pm
I have learned to like a whole new world of TV viewing...
Burn Notice
Blue Bloods
White Collar
Psych
Law and Order...
SVU
Criminal Intent, yada, yada, yada.

With most of these shows having a long run, why am I seeing another freaking repeat of Blue Bloods?
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:11am
You'd like Rick & Morty.  It's insane...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 7:17pm
Here I go again...Hey CC, watch out for those killer whales!  Ahem.

With this assbag!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 5:40am
Spent the other morning gluing tiles back onto the pool.  Then got 2 inches of rain in the afternoon (and more tonight), so have to drain the water down again before grouting (hopefully starting that in a couple days.)
At least I'm not in Texas...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:41pm
Went to PetSmart yesterday, and found that most of the stuff I planned on getting was 1/2 price or "2 for 1" (same thing, of course).  I got 2 bags of dry food and a boatload of cat treats, all for 50% off.  Also, got another $5 off for having bought a certain amount of the treats.  I also got some canned food, but that wasn't on sale.

Anyway, I scored $105 worth of stuff for $55.  Nice.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:58pm
Now if you can just resist the urge to eat it all yourself.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:49pm
There was one kind of cat treats I used to get that was pretty tasty.  It was a pillow of grain wrapped around cranberry.  With a bit of sugar sprinkled on top, it would've made a good breakfast cereal.  If it wasn't so ridiculously priced, I might've done it.

Can't remember the name, and I can't seem to find it on the 'net.  Maybe they don't make them anymore.  Used to get 'em at Petsmart.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:11pm
I suppose the cranberry and sugar masked the taste of the processed raw fish guts and animal by products.

Yum!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:58pm
Here's the stuff.  I had to search CIH to figure it out.  I posted about it in 2008.  They'd never eat a cranberry on its own, but for some reason, they liked this stuff.  Musta been mixed with some tasty fish guts.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 1:47am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Here's the stuff.  I had to search CIH to figure it out.  I posted about it in 2008.  They'd never eat a cranberry on its own, but for some reason, they liked this stuff.  Musta been mixed with some tasty fish guts.

A couple days ago I tossed a cheddar goldfish cracker on the driveway for the next door neighbor's cat. He sniffed it, gave me the you must be kidding me look and walked away. Most cats I have had loved cheese. I'm sure you know. Never try to figure out cats. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 4:44am
I had a cat who loved dry roasted peanuts.

Just scarfed em down as long as I'd toss them to him.

My other cat loved lettuce. I could put a lettuce leaf in her dish and she'd start on one end and munch her way all the way through it.

They both liked whole wheat bread, too. I'd tear it up into little chunks and they'd eat it right up.

Oddly enough, neither of them would eat scrambled eggs.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 5:00am
Going to prep for hurricane Irma coming in.  Finally finished regrouting the pool tile.  Despite using gloves, still got some chemical burns on my fingers & thumbs (making it painful to deal with twist ties & buttons Angry )  Not pretty in places, but the water isn't going to leak out under the deck anymore...  Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:02am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

A couple days ago I tossed a cheddar goldfish cracker on the driveway for the next door neighbor's cat. He sniffed it, gave me the you must be kidding me look and walked away. Most cats I have had loved cheese. I'm sure you know. Never try to figure out cats. 

Yeah, I've never been able to figure out cats' food preferences.  My Rocco will eat his tuna and chicken cat foods, but won't eat actual tuna or chicken.

That's why they call them finicky, I guess.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 5:41pm
I managed to get a little work done outside this morning, I cut a small tree (5 inches in diameter) down in the dog run years ago. It keeps coming back with suckers that grow like crazy.

I've been shooting weeds with Round Up but since I don't have to clean up after the dog, things get out of hand back there.  I burned those branches and trimmed the low branches on the Ash in the front yard.

I went uptown yesterday hoping to get some fresh corn on the cob...not only was there no corn, the veggie stand tent was gone! Cry

Today, on a hunch, I went to the next town over to get some fried chicken.  Hah! I was right, they still have some corn for sale.  Heart
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 7:52pm
In case anyone was wondering, "toward" and "towards" are interchangeable and equally accepted.  I just looked it up.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 8:24pm
I didn't even say toward.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 6:13pm
Today, I reorganized the garage. It's just a lot of junk that is difficult to get rid of.

As a result of dragging the trash cans over the threshold, and the wheelbarrow too (firewood), I have to use some loctite to secure the lower plate to the concrete so I can improve the seal. It gets cold here in Wisconsin and there is a water line just inside this particular door.

I'm going to keep the trash cans in the garage, I'll have room now to get to the mower...snowblower out of the small overhead door. With both vehicles inside.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:51pm
Doctor's appointment today at 1:45 pm.

Cardiologist has me set up for a stress test and echocardiogram.

Can't eat for four hours prior, so my breakfast will have to hold me over.

I'm already thinking about where I'll eat after I'm finished.

There's a Subway in the hospital lobby and I'm liking those $5.99 foot long steak and cheese subs of theirs...

Mom's memorial service on Thursday...

Be glad when I don't have any more appointments to keep and unpleasant things to tend to anymore.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 5:25pm
Stress test? I don't like the sound of that. Do they put you on a treadmill and make you work?

The weather people are calling for another warm up. Friday, the first day of Autumn, we could hit 90 degrees! The temp. has not been 90 or above all summer long!  Wacko

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Stress test? I don't like the sound of that. Do they put you on a treadmill and make you work?

The weather people are calling for another warm up. Friday, the first day of Autumn, we could hit 90 degrees! The temp. has not been 90 or above all summer long!  Wacko

Yep.

Treadmill and ultrasound. Don't know in which order, though.

Forgive me for saying so, but I'll laugh my yassoff if you guys hit 90° in October...   

After all that nice, comfy weather you guys have enjoyed while we were sweating like pigs down here, it would feel like a little bit of poetic Justice...

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 197>
  Share Topic