Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The wife has been bugging me about paint for her (computer) room.

The dog is pissed and barking outside, if it last more than 10 minutes I make her come inside.

I am being a bad stepfather today, the wife picked up her mom and went to Sun Prairie to see her oldest daughter conduct an orchestra.  Embarrassed  I have my Nascar and I am a creature of habit.  And shellfish.

I want you to know (re: the NASCAR thing) I still like you anyway.
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 12:16am

The wife has been bugging me about paint for her (computer) room.

The dog is pissed and barking outside, if it last more than 10 minutes I make her come inside.

I am being a bad stepfather today, the wife picked up her mom and went to Sun Prairie to see her oldest daughter conduct an orchestra.  Embarrassed  I have my Nascar and I am a creature of habit.  And shellfish.
Do you mean you are selfish or a crab?  Confused  Wink

Anyway, you owe it to Leah to spend as much time as possible with her.  Heart  
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 6:50pm
^LOL  Selfish...We live on a river so things get a little fishy sometimes.

The radio station I/we listen to is aimed at younger people, they have these funny new rules they announce between songs.
"Fish tacos will now be known as smelly crunch"  "You can marry anything you want to, even food"

I got a call on friday from Alliant Energy, they provide our electric and gas services.
The lady wanted to set up a time for them to change the gas meter, I agreed to 10:30 today.

So...WTF? No sign of him or her yet. Over 2 hours late. He will need to purge the air from the lines and restart the water heater. I've never had to light the pilot on the new water heater.
Everything else that has a pilot light, the fireplace in the bedroom and the garage heater, is shut off and won't be needed in the near future.

I'll be pissed if some moron shows up at 3 or 4:00.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:32pm
It takes about 90 seconds for me to walk out to the mail box and come back into the house.
Wouldn't you know the same lady from Alliant called and left me a message.
I called her back and she goes through the same crap I heard about on Friday. Yes, we had this conversation on Friday and nobody showed up! Oh really? She said. Confused

I didn't mean to sound snotty or anything, she just doesn't do her job very well.

They are supposed to be here tomorrow at 10:30.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Disapprove...wish I could say the same.
They are going through my last 10 years, so I turned it all over to the lawyers.
Everything is almost done.

Don't worry Pa.

I hear tax evaders go to minimum security prisons that aren't that bad.

Almost like living in a dormitory.

Lights out at 10, though.

Do they get CIH access?

ConfusedI'm not sure but I think they want my dead...I'll give them the dogs. I'm heading back up for a 'meeting and a meal' with my financial group, the feds, and the state. They asked me to stay awhile. I think they want to wine and dine me and take me on a mountain tour, but I'm thinking more in line with Toronto. No kissing on the first dateEmbarrassed
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:58pm
Living off the grid can cause some tax problems, you have to pay income tax!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 5:58am
No Squirrel War this year.  It will be almost 4 months before the macs ripen, but the tree rats are already raiding the tree (must be hungry) even though the nuts are barely big enough yet to form a shell.  I can't keep up an intense defense that long, what with other projects needing done.  Oddly for this time of year, it has put out more flower stalks.  I'll still trim the perimeter so it's not as easy for them, maybe trap a couple, but this year is a loss...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 2:30am

Living off the grid can cause some tax problems, you have to pay income tax!

oh no, I really don't live off the grid when it comes to death and taxes. Taxes will kill me because of how long I spend in different areas and what I claim for business, so it has always been an adventure.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 3:31am

oh no, I really don't live off the grid when it comes to death and taxes. Taxes will kill me because of how long I spend in different areas and what I claim for business, so it has always been an adventure.

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people think being a travelling door-to-door Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman is all just a great big party without a care in the world, but oh the horror stories you could tell, eh Pa?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 1:03pm

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people think being a travelling door-to-door Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman is all just a great big party without a care in the world, but oh the horror stories you could tell, eh Pa?

EmbarrassedOuchno no no, ol'Mule - I'm a door-to-door FullerBrush salesman.

Buckminster Fuller BrushImage result for buckminster fuller brush
sales regions:

Wink.
~~~

The last 2 1/2 years two different states want tax dollars for each year - because I perform elder care
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 7:44pm
The guy from Alliant did show up early, about 40 minutes, but that's fine.

I went to the wifes truck which was outside when he pulled up.  He said he would need about 15 minutes outside before he would restart any appliances.

It's a PITA to get to the furnace, it's in a closet next to the front door.
I have to remove 2 shelves and a rod for hanging coats and then open a second door.

He said he wanted to check how clean the furnace was burning but it vents out the roof, that wasn't so important anymore.  I told him the heater in garage has not been used in 2 years.

The dog is pretty pissed at this point, I told him I can restart the fireplace in our bedroom this fall and we don't need it now.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 5:13am
My PVC large arch project has met it's demise.  Tried to put up 50 and 75 footers (those would have been impressive), but the supports were too flexy & they wouldn't stand up.  Tried the 50 again with different supports & got that one decently up (it wobbled around in the wind, but stayed up.  Should have taken some pictures, but didn't think of it.)  Took it down & put lights on it, but even putting only 2 strings on it proved to be too heavy and it kept collapsing & PVC started snapping.  1" PVC just bends too much in long lengths.  But, the 25 footer definitely works, so I'll make a couple of those for Christmas.  Did find out that I have good dirt going down at least a foot, but it's very dry.  Going to need a lot of rain to change that...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 12:06pm
Are you going to leave the PVC white or will you paint it?

You can get spray paint made for plastic surfaces and paint it green or green and red or maybe red and white striped like a candy cane.

Probably look better than just plain white.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 4:47am
Nope, no extra painting, as it's salvaged from a solar pool heater we had set up along a fence.  The sun-side was painted dark green & the fence side is still white pipe (I "aim" the dark side out. Once the lights are on, the pipe is almost invisible.)   Hurricane Charlie knocked it down, leaving quite a few hundreds of feet of pipe to deal with (I'm still finding uses for it.)  Today I cannibalized the failed arch pieces to make two 29 footers (which set up nicely Big smile )  for set-up after Thanksgiving.  I'll keep the candy cane idea in mind, though...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 3:15pm
Ever have one of those days?  A black cloud has been following me everywhere the past 24 hours.

Yesterday, at about this time, I went to an ATM to get some cash.
I should have known something was wrong with the pylon sitting in the middle of the drive-thru.
A friggin sign on the screen would have been nice! Angry

I get out and do my thing and the damned machine does not give me my cash! F*CK!!
I just now got that cleared up, they will refund the money after they check with the operators of the ATM.

Then, early this morning on my way to the grocery store, I get behind this DB going 5 under the speed limit. I'm usually very careful in this little redneck town.  I pass him and sure as sh*t I have the blue lights on me in no time.  Double F*CK!!! 51 in a 35, he cut me a break and charged me with only 15 over.
Fewer points and a smaller fine...I'm so f*cking embarrassed!

Next, some old dude (maybe 68 or so) at the grocery store committed one of worst check-out offences.  The cashier was done and ready for payment and this jackass is still loading his stuff into the bags.
Each cashier has 2 conveyors for consecutive customers.

And to top that off, the old f*ck has not figured out how to use the new cards with a chip.
Another 10 minutes of trying to talk him through it, GMAFB!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 3:20pm
As long as you haven't punched anyone, you're doing OK.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 5:58pm

As long as you haven't punched anyone, you're doing OK.
LOL
Good point.

Punch the ATM? That might damage my already brittle bones in my hand and wrist. And they took my picture!

Punch the local cop? There is no way that would turn out well for me.

Punch the rude senior citizen? I had a little sympathy for him at first but he must have taken the short bus to the grocery store.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 6:19pm
aka is turning into a full-time criminal, so it seems....attempting to rob broken ATMs, speeding by old peeps, but getting a break from the cop without a payoff...arguing about the chip cards with store clerks when the fact of the matter is if the store is not ready for chips, they swipe just fine, but if they DO need chips, that process is basically the same.
Yea, aka is our very own 'white gangsta' (or 'gangster'?), or 'wangster'Wink.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 6:55pm

Yea, aka is our very own 'white gangsta' (or 'gangster'?), or 'wangster'Wink.

LOLLOL
Or 'Wanker?'
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 6:01am
^^ More like a "wangsta" (several Urban Dictionary meanings)
LOL 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 5:48pm
My MIL showed me what the city wants her to do. She needs the sump pump to drain near the sidewalk in a new drain. The city recently did a major rebuild of the street, utilities and sidewalk.

The current pipe is a 2 inch black flexible drain pipe about 30 feet long that just dumps it on the back lawn.
There is an ordinance that says you can't do that anymore.  I need to buy another 30 feet and a coupling.

This is going to work fine in warmer weather but it won't work in the winter, there is not enough drop in the elevation for the pipe to drain.  Water will pool in the pipe and freeze when it's cold.
I told her I would get what we need but we will have to reconsider what we will do this fall.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:11pm
My MIL did not go for my idea, perhaps I didn't explain it clearly.

She thinks there could be some legal issue with running her sump pump pipe inside the basement to the east side of the house. I don't think the city will give her a problem with trying to comply with the ordinance. I will do what she wants, and it won't be soon enough. We have had a lot of rain the past few days.

I hope I can convince her that this is the right way to go.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:13pm
Stubborn women can be impossible to talk to.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 9:34pm

Stubborn women can be impossible to talk to.
Ya just gotta hold the back of her head and shove something in her mouth - like a dirty, balled-up sock.
And YOU thought I was going to suggest a 'Summer Sausage'!LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 9:42pm
Best be careful about how you talk about aka ron's ma-in-law, Pa!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 197>
  Share Topic