Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 4:50am
I don't think I'd feel too good about telling everyone that "I PMS" either.

The funniest part of the story was watching that prissy Martha Sugalski have to say it over and over again.

I can't stand her!!!

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 6:07pm
^LOL

Yep, that reminds me of something...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 7:17pm
It's been a slow 24 hours on the forum when I have a post from yesterday still showing in  'latest posts'.

We lost Escape TV (it slipped away) completely earlier today, I went over to Ion and found a pretty good show.  Burn Notice, this was the scene I saw today. LOL

Reminds me of another movie that I ilke.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Yeah, forgive me. I remember now.

The male cat was a stray too, cute little guy (you posted pictures) but feisty.  He bit you on the hand.

Nothing like hearing a cat fight in the middle of the night.

How dare you not remember the details of how I acquired my pets???

He's pretty feisty alright. Nearly took my hand off with those fangs.

But the only cat fights I ever hear at night are outside.

I always have a male and a female together.

No real "fighting" with that arrangement. Maybe some playful "rasslin", but nothing serious.

Only when you get two males together does the fur fly.

Typical male territorialism.
LOLLOL
I'm almost as old as you and Thor and PaW and Sarge!
Not only is this place my word association game...it's a good memory exercise as well.
Much to Cranathan's chagrin. Tongue

Sh*t, the list of things this site helps me with is endless.
I hope that there wasn't (too much butt) showing in the UPMS video. I am on double secret probation.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 10:05pm

My male cat has this odd habit. He loves to lay on my hip or the side of my thigh. This can only be accomplished when I am lying on my side, with one side facing upward. Sometimes, if my arm isn't in the way, he'll lie on the side of my chest.

Of course, I'm expected to keep my arm either behind me or out in front of me or over my head, no matter how uncomfortable it might be for me, as he has no concept of my comfort or convenience.

And of course, I dutifully obey.

Yeah, same here.  If, when I go to bed, one of them is taking up 3/4 of the bed (as we know they can), I relegate myself to that 1/4 sliver at the edge.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah, same here.  If, when I go to bed, one of them is taking up 3/4 of the bed (as we know they can), I relegate myself to that 1/4 sliver at the edge.  LOL

Which is as it SHOULD be!!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 5:26pm
You have to go to service desk at our local grocery store to get cigarettes. Yes, we are still smoking! Embarrassed

I should pay closer attention to what the person on the other side of the counter gives me.
We smoke Marlboro Lights Gold, they are not allowed to call them light anymore. LOL

I've heard of 100's, the length of a standard King Size cigarette is...

84mm cigarettes are also known as King size cigarettes and are typically 3 - 3 1/4 inches in length. These are the most popular size cigarettes and are the size right below 100mm. The overall length of the cigarette is longer than the 70mm due to a filter that is attached on one end of the cigarette.

This is what she gave me, Marlboro Gold 72's. They look like a mini Bic lighter or a 7 oz. can of beer! LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 6:04pm
Thor, how is this for a price for a carton of cigarettes?

Marlboro 72's Gold Pack box cigarettes

$25.00

• Model: Marlboro 72's Gold Pack box
  • Units in Stock9598

Quantity in Cart: 1

Add to Cart: < name=cart_quantity maxLength=6 value=1 size=4>
    < name=products_id value=384 =>< title=" Add to Cart " alt="Add to Cart" ="s/templates/majun/s/english/_in_cart.gif" =>

Thor View Drop Down
    Revolutionary
    Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 9:07pm
    From that site:

Show true SHOE

Where are they being shipped from---China?

Great price, though.  Order a carton and let us know how it goes.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
    Junior Executive
    Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 3:57am
    ^ You've gotta be crazy to smoke anything from China!  Have any of you now smokers considered using vapes or e-cigarettes (which have their own set of risks) to stop smoking?

Wouldn't you love to live life smoke-free, no longer a slave to tobacco?
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 5:46pm
    Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

^ You've gotta be crazy to smoke anything from China!  Have any of you now smokers considered using vapes or e-cigarettes (which have their own set of risks) to stop smoking?

Wouldn't you love to live life smoke-free, no longer a slave to tobacco?

I'm only kidding! DRS  I kid because I care!

We both know you are right, too.

Mama is back to normal sleeping hours again, we think it was some new medicine that was causing the problem.  She did a major clean up of what is her room, where her desk is, the 3rd bedroom. I moved my desk to the living room.

She found some great old pics of Leah when she was a pup.  I can scan them to the computer but she thinks she can take a picture of the picture.  We'll see how that turns out.

Scanning something is a PITA because I have a TV and other things sitting on the all-in-one printer.
    I've been busy too! I took down the cloth valences that cover the top of the blinds in the living and dining room.  Washed them and reinstalled, these things are dust magnets.
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:52pm
    I tried to find the Family Photos thread...the advanced search engine is broken!

Leah may only have a few months left, as long as she can walk, to go outside to do her business, we are not compelled to kill our old dog.

I made her sleep in the garage when she was a pup until she was housebroken, she tore that sofa to shreds. LOL

From a couple years ago when she could still get on the bed.

aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 7:02pm
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 7:55pm

I found this story on facebook.

This video shows Craig Loving saving a Great Horned Owl near the 1st Tee Box. The owl had been sitting in that location all night and into the day, when two of our employees, Devin and Dora, realized the owl was caught on fishing line. No wildlife rescue professionals were available, so Craig saved the day. Lost Creek Country Club cares about Wildlife, and we are so thankful this owl was saved! Great job, Craig!

Thor View Drop Down
    Revolutionary
    Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 9:26pm
    Love that!

I think I would've done exactly what that guy did.  I don't want to see any animal in distress.

Thor View Drop Down
    Revolutionary
    Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 10:21pm
    I just realized I haven't seen the "Brad" series of car insurance commercials.  Who was that---Geico?  Liberty Mutual?  Not that I really care.

aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 10:32pm

You can lean on me , Thor.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
    Junior Executive
    Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:15am
    ^ Awesome owl video!  The owl was so cool and Mr. Loving is a wildlife hero!
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 9:15pm
    I love stories like this. This one has been out for a while, I may have even posted it.

Thor View Drop Down
    Revolutionary
    Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 9:30pm
    Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

You can lean on me , Thor.

I didn't need anyone to actually show it to me.  LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 9:12pm
    ^LOL 

Be careful what you wish for bring up. Wink

I had to do another run to Walmart and the grocery store this morning.
    They must have moved stuff around in the pet section. I couldn't find the Glucosamine, there was a guy there. He walked me right over to it..."thank you very much!"
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 8:36pm
    Our tax people finally sent us a card saying how much we owe and how much we are getting back.

We have to sign the return and pay them and they will file electronically. Another nice chunk of money in about 2 weeks. Big smile

It's almost MLB season...only 34 and rainy here. I give the bird to this weather!

Jimbo View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 10:38pm
    I wouldn't let people know you're coming into money, aka.

We're all going to be trying to borrow it from you.
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 6:27pm
    ^LOL

Bankers do it with interest...substantial penalty for early withdrawl.

We get all kinds of critters around here. Deer, coons, possum, rabbit, turtles, snakes, pheasant, coots.
    Even the occasional Bald Eagle flying low and fast over the channel. Blue Heron cranes, egret and these little guys.

Don't look at that nasty brown lawn in the background...Ouch

Jimbo View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:32pm
    Dude, your lawn looks like a PGA golf course compared to mine.

And I'm not exaggerating.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 197>
      Share Topic