Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diet Dr. Pepper-Lil Sweet (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diet Dr. Pepper-Lil Sweet (video)
    Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 1:12pm
I'm torn, any thoughts?

Sponsored Links

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 1:17pm
I was just checking to see if someone had already posted it, before I did it.  IMO, it is seriously stupid and annoying.  Won't be watching that one again.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 2:20pm

He reminds me of the "White Gold" rock star in those milk commercials from a few years ago.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 2:39pm
Creepy as hell, but kind of amusing in a nightmarish Prince\Artist formerly known as \whatever he is now kind of way.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 6:45pm
Makes me miss the "Some things aren't better than the original" line of advertising. That campaign was great!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 3:27am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Creepy as hell, but kind of amusing in a nightmarish Prince\Artist formerly known as \whatever he is now kind of way.
Clap
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 4:30am
It kinda cracked me up but I can see myself hating it after a few viewings Smile
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 4:14pm
I was about to do a thread on this one.  It was harmless the first couple times I saw it, but it gets very annoying very quickly.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 4:31pm
Never saw it before now, never want to see it again.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 1:43am
Horrid... horrific... horrifying... the horror... the horror... Disapprove

First, the creepy vendor jerk, now this freak. Whatever happened to David Naughton? Seeing Dr. Pepper's recent epic commercial failures makes me wish they'd bring him back. LOL

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 3:48am
This ad cracked me up.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 4:47am
I usually call Dr. Pepper Dr. Pecker for (what I hope are) obvious reasons. LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 4:55am

I only drink the stuff when I'm in the mood for the taste of cough medicine.

churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 3:44pm
The adtards who came up with this highly saccharin annoyance need to be sent directly to a "sweet" vat of saccharin-infused raw sewage along with their Prince wanna-be character.  

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 6:40pm
I always thought of him as a combination of Prince and Steven Tyler. I think they may have been going for Tyler, but the actor made it more Prince-ish
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 6:45pm
The first one was stupid but at least the girl is really pretty. The newest one is just annoying as all hell.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by A.C. Sativa A.C. Sativa wrote:

The first one was stupid but at least the girl is really pretty. The newest one is just annoying as all hell.
You must have ESP-N.  Wink

LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 8:46pm
I think this is annoying as hell. Someone should give him something to screech about.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 8:55pm
The women, in the first one, seem to be kinda hot for lil' sweet.
I'm just guessing but he must have some magical powers, his daddy parts are going to be small and unlikely to impress unless he can lick his eyebrows.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 3:49am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The women, in the first one, seem to be kinda hot for lil' sweet.
I'm just guessing but he must have some magical powers, his daddy parts are going to be small and unlikely to impress unless he can lick his eyebrows.

Unless Lil' Sweet travels with Big Meat
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 3:53am
Thoughts? Sure. If *I* saw a 'Lil Sweet' on the floor, I'd step on it. Can't have those things multiplying and infesting the homestead.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 9:41pm
LOL I wouldn't want to get it on my shoe. The leftovers may attract others.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 11:56pm
This is what happens when you're an American Idol finalist whose career has disintegrated to nothing... you become a commercial pitchperson.  At least Jordin Sparks' Excedrin ad isn't as gratingly irritating as this.  Justin Guarini will regret making a fool of himself like this someday.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 4:39pm
thats SERIOUSLY justin gaweenie? WOW--career rebirth or full death?

Dr. Pepper is like that Tootsie pop commercial with the OWL...
they had their uber ad moment 4 decades ago with 'be a Pepper' and have
spun out of whack looking for something as good ever since

they can't go back but have yet to find a replacement 'genius concept'
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 1:03am
Originally posted by LiberryGirl LiberryGirl wrote:

I think this is annoying as hell. Someone should give him something to screech about.

Once he drops the soap, he'll screech allright.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic