Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Misheard TV Theme lyrics?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Misheard TV Theme lyrics?
    Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 1:03pm
"We're Movin' On Up(The Jeffersons theme song) by Janet Dubois

Correct: "Now, we're in the big leagues, getting our turn at bat."

Misheard: "Now we're in the big leagues, there's no turning back."

My misheard lyrics make sense, as I thought it meant after they made it big, they didn't want to go back to living poor. In fact, I like my misheard lyrics better than the correct lyrics.

Good Times(Good Times theme song) by Blinkie Williams.

Correct: "Hangin and a jiving"

Misheard: "Hangin in a trolley."

I thought the misheard lyric was about hanging in a little type of bus called a Trolley, popular in London and San Francisco. Does make sense that people would be hanging in a Trolley. Especially since the Evans were poor, they did not own any cars and took buses to work and school.

A popular misheard lyric is, "Hangin in a chow line," which is a food place where some poor people go to get free food. Once again, the Evans were poor, so that would have also made sense...

My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 2:50pm
Stranded, stranded on the bathroom bowl. What do you do when you're stranded, and you can't reach the roll?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 2:57pm

More of a misheard TV show title...

Half Gun...Will Travel

When I was little, I wondered how half a gun could travel.

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

"We're Movin' On Up(The Jeffersons theme song) by Janet Dubois

Correct: "Now, we're in the big leagues, getting our turn at bat."

Misheard: "Now we're in the big leagues, there's no turning back."

My misheard lyrics make sense, as I thought it meant after they made it big, they didn't want to go back to living poor. In fact, I like my misheard lyrics better than the correct lyrics.
Your misheard lyric makes sense and would've fit just fine.  The lyric "getting our turn at bat" suggests they are getting a chance to make it big, not expecting anything to be handed to them.  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic