Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi Big Bruddah!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi Big Bruddah!
    Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 5:30am
My brother is now a commercial hater! Welcome Big Bruddah!
Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 9:06am
Whew, for a minute there I thought you found my cameras.

Welcome aboard Big Bruddah.

Hug
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Hug

Love the 1984 reference to Big Brother. But, seriously, I'd be horrified if the Government started watching everybody, even inside of their homes like 1984 book. Thank God the real life US Government has not done that yet.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Hug

Love the 1984 reference to Big Brother. But, seriously, I'd be horrified if the Government started watching everybody, even inside of their homes like 1984 book. Thank God the real life US Government has not done that yet.

Perhaps thanks to the portrayal by George Orwell, invasion of our privacy may not look like it did in the book/movie, but that doesn't mean the government will leave us be.  The capability is certainly there.  Most likely, though, it'll happen with our implicit approval.  Just look at how many webcams there are on street corners.  For the most part, we've approved of that in the name of crime prevention/investigation.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Is he really your brother?  If so, welcome to him!

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 2:14pm
Welcome Big Bruddah! Enjoy the freak show.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Is he really your brother?  If so, welcome to him!

Yes he is!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 2:22pm

Alright!  Thumbs Up

You're the second member who's made it a family affair.  I believe "the Aleens" are the only others.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 2:34pm
Welcome Big Bruddah,

My SO signed up, she hasn't been on in years.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Hug

Perhaps thanks to the portrayal by George Orwell, invasion of our privacy may not look like it did in the book/movie, but that doesn't mean the government will leave us be.  The capability is certainly there.  Most likely, though, it'll happen with our implicit approval.  Just look at how many webcams there are on street corners.  For the most part, we've approved of that in the name of crime prevention/investigation.

Between the cameras on every corner and street light, satellites that can get a picture of me cutting my grass, and GPS in our phones... I just saw a news story about location services being turned on by default on smart phones that not only allow for your present location to be tracked, but also logs places you've recently visited... We're almost there, folks. We won't let them embed chips in our necks, but we'll willingly carry those same chips around in our phones. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the Gov could access the camera in your phone as well.

Shocked
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 3:34pm
I'm tracking my wife right now, she SAID she is going to the doctor...
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 4:30pm
Welcome Big Bruddah!

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 4:44pm

We won't let them embed chips in our necks, but we'll willingly carry those same chips around in our phones. 

Shocked

Wasn't there an idea floating around out there a few years back about implanting medical history chips in people's bodies?

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 5:09pm

Between the cameras on every corner and street light, satellites that can get a picture of me cutting my grass, and GPS in our phones... I just saw a news story about location services being turned on by default on smart phones that not only allow for your present location to be tracked, but also logs places you've recently visited... We're almost there, folks. We won't let them embed chips in our necks, but we'll willingly carry those same chips around in our phones. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the Gov could access the camera in your phone as well.

Shocked

Not to mention hashtags could be construed as a derivative of Newspeak.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 5:52pm

Employers are already looking at employee's or prospective employee's Facebook accounts to determine employability.

And that's something every Facebook user accepts in order to be part of the social networking thing.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 7:26pm
But, what about those of us with no Facebook account?

Oh, and a brief search of medical history chips revealed at least two different times the idea was on someone's table.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 7:36pm
Sorry, this thread made me think of this song.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 7:52pm
So what's his username????
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 7:55pm
Big Bruddah, C,mon get with the program. Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

So what's his username????

It's right there on the forum home page:

The Newest Forum Member is Big Bruddah

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 8:10pm
Oh! Duuhhhh!!!!

*smacks head*
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 10:46pm
Welcome to the madness Big Bruddah
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 12:36am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic