Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friskies Dear Kitten

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friskies Dear Kitten
    Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 2:14am
I've always liked these "Dear Kitten" ads. There are a few of them. They are always good for a smile and a laugh. I love the beer references in this one. Well done, Friskies. Thumbs Up I look forward to the next installment. 

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 2:23am

That's pretty funny.  Probably kind of accurate, how they think of things.  I'm pretty sure my cats think of me as "that one", and everyone who visits or walks by as "those other ones".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 2:30am
Those were pretty good, but I see that even in a cat food commercial, there has to be a cat hater.

I don't know why, but cat hating seems to be something that TV feels is OK & something they can get away with.

Ever see someone sneer in disgust at a dog?

No, that would be unAmerican.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 2:37am
If you loved that you should check out "Buzzfeed Presents Cats Questions for Christmas" it has a cat that looks just like my Eleanor asking questions like "why is there a dead tree in the living room?" And "did this tree do something heroic to deserve all this shiny stuff?" Its really cute and funny. I can get into YouTube but I can't access the address bar.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 2:49am
Was this the one you were referring to? Got a good laugh from that. All of it is true. We actually have to tie our tree to a curtain rod mount. Our cat London loves to climb it. Almost wiped out my tv last Christmas. Glad I was about 3 feet away to stop the tree and catch the troublemaker. 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 2:51am
I didn't catch that sneering douche, Jimbo. From the look of her you would think the cat dropped a log in her lap.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 3:00am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I didn't catch that sneering douche, Jimbo. From the look of her you would think the cat dropped a log in her lap.

Should have, too.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 3:02am

I really hope that is exactly what happened.  Or in her drink.  That'd be good as well.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 3:08am
The "kitty vitamins" could do her some good.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Those were pretty good, but I see that even in a cat food commercial, there has to be a cat hater.

I don't know why, but cat hating seems to be something that TV feels is OK & something they can get away with.

It probably didn't help when Fancy Feast commercials used to have cats eating out of crystal goblets.  That even annoyed me.  But that's more about the owner than the actual cat.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 3:36am

Was this the one you were referring to? Got a good laugh from that. All of it is true. We actually have to tie our tree to a curtain rod mount. Our cat London loves to climb it. Almost wiped out my tv last Christmas. Glad I was about 3 feet away to stop the tree and catch the troublemaker. 

Yep that's the one! Still makes me laugh even though it out of season! The voiceover is cute without being saccharine and cat is adorable!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 3:41am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

It probably didn't help when Fancy Feast commercials used to have cats eating out of crystal goblets.  That even annoyed me.  But that's more about the owner than the actual cat.

You're right. I hated those commercials. Probably made cat haters hate cats even more.

I just gave Friskies a piece of my mind on their website's Contact Us page.

They even had a field for uploading attachments, so I included those two screenshots of the sneering gal to illustrate what I was talking about.

They promise to get back to me in 24 to 48 hours.

I can't wait.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 3:45am

Wasn't she sneering just because she was allergic?  

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 3:59am

Wasn't she sneering just because she was allergic?  

I've never seen an allergic reaction that involved sneering.

Maybe the person who wrote the ad screenplay made a typo & wrote "cut to girl sneering" when he meant to write "cut to girl sneezing".

C'mon, man!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 4:11am

My cat gets Fancy Feast, mostly because she's diabetic.  That crap only costs 50 cents a can.  Hardly the upper crust of cat foods. lol.

And she eats it in a plain ceramic dish that says "Kitty" on it. LOL

Kitty wants to slap that bitchy look right off of her face.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 4:15am
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

My cat gets Fancy Feast, mostly because she's diabetic.  That crap only costs 50 cents a can.  Hardly the upper crust of cat foods. lol.

I get that for my cats too, once in awhile.

Mostly they get Friskies though.

And their dishes are plastic. Wink

But re: the Fancy Feast, the cans are half the size. 

So, by weight & volume, it's actually twice as much as the other brands.

C'mon, man!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 4:18am

Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

I get that for my cats too, once in awhile.

Mostly they get Friskies though.

But re: the Fancy Feast, the cans are half the size. 

So, by weight & volume, it's actually twice as much as the other brands.
Good point.  FF is the cheapest food that you can feed a diabetic.  The Friskies stuff has too many carbs.  But by weight, it's definitely not as cheap as some of the other canned.

Maybe I will pick her up a crystal goblet... Wink
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 4:23am
The Fancy Feast cans are tiny. My cat either gets Friskies or 9 Lives. Although the little cans were on sale here recently,  so we tried it. She likes it and it doesn't sit as long covered in the fridge. (She only will eat a little at a time so it dries out). So it seems to work better with less waste.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 4:33am
I've been getting the Sheba for mine to eat on the weekends.

I only get it because most of the stores never have the FF that I want, which is the "Marinated Morsels" chicken.

But Sheba has a chicken & also a turkey variety that closely resembles the FFMM.

It's actual little diced cubes of meat rather than the pate style.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 4:51am
The Sheba ones are in the plastic cans, right? Forgot about that stuff. We recently had to put down my other cat and he was kind of a piggy when it came to wet food. Now we just have the one little cat who eats maybe a quarter of what we used to go through a week.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 5:15am

The Sheba ones are in the plastic cans, right? Forgot about that stuff. We recently had to put down my other cat and he was kind of a piggy when it came to wet food. Now we just have the one little cat who eats maybe a quarter of what we used to go through a week.

They might use a plastic container for some of their varieties, but the stuff I get is in an identical can to the Fancy Feast.

I see they do have some kind of plastic container...

...but it's not what I get.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 5:27am
I'll have to keep an eye out. Little kitteh might like something different for a treat. Or if she likes them better, I might just switch. If kitteh isn't happeh, no ones happeh. Wink

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 5:48am
Another cute cat ad. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 3:30pm
^Good one!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 3:44pm

I switched from plastic to metal when the internet suggested that the plastic ones might be exacerbating my cats' chin acne (little bumps) that I'd been noticing.  I guess the problem is that the plastic bowls get scratched and these scratches harbor bacteria.  It seemed to work.  Glass or ceramic will do, too, I assume.

The Dollar Tree sometimes has the metal ones.  At PetSmart, they're like $4 each, but have a removable rubber strip designed to grip the floor.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic