Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Universal Theme Park Orlando

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Universal Theme Park Orlando
    Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:22pm
I can't get You Tube on the computer where I'm at so I'll try to get it later. Anyway, there is a new commercial for visiting Universal Theme Park Orlando. (To me another Griswald style Wally World). The video shows your typical white suburban nuclear family unit. Mom Dad, boy and little girl frolliking on the water slides etc. But this commercial gets my Hatoraide because the music. Another stupid song with baby talk lyrics. "Dddang, Ddang, Ddang." Repeated over and over again. Are they trying to be like that shrill Korean pop group with vapid grunts, chants and nonsensence singing?
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 1:03am
This the one?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

This the one?

If the music is a disgusting dang dedang dang this is it. Can't hear it on computers I'm on. If it is tell me what you think.
I approve this message.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 2:33am
There is some kind of dang dedang dedang thing in the background, but it's very brief & only at the beginning.

Surprised I've never seen it on TV as I live in Orlando... 

As theme park ads go, this one doesn't seem as annoying as most.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 2:52am

We get bombarded by this series of commercials. Very annoying - especially since we were there about a year ago. Lots of walking, sweating, and basically rotting...for lots of money. In other words, it wasn't fun...in other words, it sucked.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 3:01am
Thankfully I live in California so I've never been dang dang de dang danged.  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 3:03am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

We get bombarded by this series of commercials. Very annoying - especially since we were there about a year ago. Lots of walking, sweating, and basically rotting...for lots of money. In other words, it wasn't fun...in other words, it sucked.

You should have known better to come down here in the summer time, Pa.

This place is hell in the summer.

Had you come in late fall or early spring, you'd have enjoyed it more.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 3:20am

You should have known better to come down here in the summer time, Pa.

This place is hell in the summer.

Had you come in late fall or early spring, you'd have enjoyed it more.

It was 2 Octobers ago...it sucked. Pea-soup air.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 3:33am

It was 2 Octobers ago...it sucked. Pea-soup air.

October is technically still summer around here.

The average date of the cool down around here is Oct 15th.

Of course, some years it changes earlier & some years it doesn't cool down uxxxxil early November.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 3:36am

...uxxxxil...

Maybe we should just put an apostrophe in between n and t un'til this matter's resolved.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 3:40am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

This the one?

If the music is a disgusting dang dedang dang this is it. Can't hear it on computers I'm on. If it is tell me what you think.

Yeah, it's that song.  The whole song isn't like that, but it's not much better.

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 3:47am

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">It was 2 Octobers ago...it sucked. Pea-soup air.</span>

October is technically still summer around here.

The average date of the cool down around here is Oct 15th.

Of course, some years it changes earlier & some years it doesn't cool down uxxxxil early November.

I was visiting the area between Tampa and Orlando three Novembers ago. Hot, pea soup air, eaten alive by mosquitos at night.

Florida sucks donkey.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 3:56am
I guess we lucked out at Disney World 1-6 May 2014. The first 2 days were thunderstorms. The last 4 days had high temp of 90 and very comfortable humidity. Zero skeeters. Of course many people were complaining of the heat and humidity. I always assume these people have never been somewhere actually hot and humid!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 4:18am
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

I was visiting the area between Tampa and Orlando three Novembers ago. Hot, pea soup air, eaten alive by mosquitos at night.

Florida sucks donkey.

Well by all means, feel free to not come back. Smile

I doubt anyone will miss you. Wink

BTW, three Novembers ago it was 2012. The highest temp for that month occurred on one day where it went up to 84 deg. As you can see below, the average temps were in the 60's & 70's. 

The humidity was characteristically low as well.

So maybe you just thought you were in Florida, but were actually somewhere else. LOL

The envy a lot of people experience over not living down here can do that to some folks. Approve

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 4:26am
Jimbo When I lived in Southern CA. The 3 year low temp was 57. People were wearing their ski parkas! I stayed in my T-shirt, shorts, and flip flops.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 4:29am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Jimbo When I lived in Southern CA. The 3 year low temp was 57. People were wearing their ski parkas! I stayed in my T-shirt, shorts, and flip flops.

Yeah, I've heard people freak out over the slightest increase or decrease in the temp out there.

C'mon, man!
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 4:41am
Hardest job in the world: San Diego weather person. You can pre-record your forecast once and play it 330 days a year. "Tomorrow's forecast, sunny, with a high of 75 and low humidity. Tomorrow night, dark, with a low around 60."

Sure wish I was rich enough to live there....
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 6:31am
Dang!  This ad was on my NBC between 9 & 10 pm twice!  Disapprove
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 6:39am
Dang dedang dedang. I visit Florida in September. I know, still summer with thunderstorms. However, I do Miami Beach and the Tampa, Sarasota, and St. Pete Beaches. As you can tell I'm a beach and babe person. I just say no to theme parks no matter where they may be located. Not my thing, walking, sweating and spending mo money, mo money!

BTW, that song and their cover pic of a bear head atop a leggy woman, so hipster dreck.
I approve this message.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 6:45am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

This the one?

Yeah, it's that song.  The whole song isn't like that, but it's not much better.

Amazing! I just listened to the song and I actually like it. It grows on me go figure. But! in that Universal Wally World commercial doesn't make sense and the dang de dang lyrics get on my nerves. Amazing how the ad folk can take something and ruin it. I like this song by Teddy Bear better than that Korean goo goo ga ga sh*t.  I actually listened to this song by the Teddy Bears a second time and haven't changed my mind.

I approve this message.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 11:37am
I wexxxx to Universal Studios in Orlando a few years ago, and, it was comfortable, not hot and humid. Of course, I wexxxx in April, which is comfortable weather. If you go in the Summer, you will end up metaphorically praying to the Water, Ice, and Air conditioning Gods.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 2:20pm

Amazing! I just listened to the song and I actually like it. It grows on me go figure. But! in that Universal Wally World commercial doesn't make sense and the dang de dang lyrics get on my nerves. Amazing how the ad folk can take something and ruin it. I like this song by Teddy Bear better than that Korean goo goo ga ga sh*t. I actually listened to this song by the Teddy Bears a second time and haven't changed my mind.

You're right. As basically annoying as it is, the song is rather catchy.

I couldn't see myself buying it or loading it oxxxxo my iPod & walking around listening to it, but if it came on the radio, I wouldn't turn it off. Might actually even enjoy it.

C'mon, man!
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 5:40pm

..Lots of walking, sweating, and basically rotting...

Well of course, PaW - people in the Great White North would rather do lots of walking, shivering, and basically freezing!  Wink

BTW, I'm in North Florida and it's a world apart from South Florida.  Up here, some of the trees actually lose their leaves in wixxxxer.

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 6:04pm
Well...I hope it's better than this Universal Studios commercial aired awhile back...

And...why doesn't Universal use their mascot Woody Woodpecker in ANY of these commercials?

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 6:54pm
Maybe I've lived in FL long enough to not think that it's too hot or humid in Oct. That's when the weather really gets good!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic