Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Phelps on Frosted Flakes Controversy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michael Phelps on Frosted Flakes Controversy
    Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 10:39am
Have any of you heard these assholes getting all upset about Michael Phelps being on the Frosted Flakes cereal boxes. These idiots are  worried that he is endorsing/ promoting childhood obesity??? WTF!!!??? This is one of the STUPIDEST f**king things I have EVER heard!!!

Ok, so they'd have you believe that because Phelps is on a cereal box, kids across America are droning on like zombies heading to the supermarkets to tear the Frosted Flakes from the shelves to inhale them??? REALLY???? Do they think Americans are that f**king stupid??? Anyone who might "BLOW UP" as big as a side of a house by eating cereal is gonna do that reguardless of WHO is on the damned box!! This is a parental issue, NOT a Michael Phelps issue. If a kids gets fat by eating too much cereal it's because the parents are letting them do it. I swear, so people should get a f**king life and stop sweating stupid stuff. My favorite saying applies here: PHUCK THE DUMB sh*t!!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Sponsored Links

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

Have any of you heard these assholes getting all upset about Michael Phelps being on the Frosted Flakes cereal boxes. These idiots are  worried that he is endorsing/ promoting childhood obesity??? WTF!!!??? This is one of the STUPIDEST f**king things I have EVER heard!!!

Clap I saw this the other day on the news and this pisses me off too!!!!  Some stupid nutritionist said he should endorse oatmeal.  Let her go and endorse oatmeal and let him endorse whatever he wants. 

BTW, WS...you were right about my typing ....I was hitting the key pad and I didn't even realize it, but I haven't figured out how to temp. disable....thanks!

shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 1:56pm
Wheaties was already taken by another gold medalist.
WTF was he supposed to go to, Coco-puffs?
These f**ktards should just shaddup and let the guy alone.
They sound petty and jealous.
was feeling nostalgic
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 2:50pm
I read that Phelps eats 10,000 calories a day when he trains.

It's not what our kids eat, it's what they don't do to work it off.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 4:01pm
EXACTLY!
Frosted Flakes has always pushed themselves as a kids' treat cereal with health benefits.

Sugar isn't the pariah we are making it out to be people.
Sitting on our asses after we eat those sugars, as Hootman pointed out is the problem.
That and high fructose corn syrup.
We live in a society where we want to ban transfats (someting naturally occurring in a lot of foods like beef, chocolate and so on) but we Looooove HFCS

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 4:16pm
Speaking of HFCS, I remember when I was living in Japan, I fell in love with Fanta. It tasted so much better than the orange soda stuff that I had tried over here. So I was very happy to find that Fanta was finally being sold in the US when I got back - until I tried it. As soon as I had the first sip, I kept wondering what was so wrong with me in Japan that I thought this was so great. But then when I moved to Russia, they also had Fanta, and I tried some there. It was also great again! So I did a little experiment. I looked at the Russian ingredients and wrote them down to see if anything was different with the US Fanta. The major diff? US Fanta is sweetened with HFCS. Fanta everywhere else is sweetened with cane sugar. 
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 4:39pm
Same in Mexico.
What's funny is in Walmarts of all places, they sell mexican imported Coke in glass bottles! And it is sweetened with cane sugar.

Also more high end sodas are sweetened with cane sugar.
Like Jones Soda.

I remember Fanta from when i was really little in the 70s and it disappeared.
I think when Coke bought Minute Maid, they replaced their fruit sodas with the MM name. Then they lost the MM name and brought back Fanta in the 90s
I too remember seeing Fanta overseas, I was excited.

Now if we could just get Nehi back.

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 4:43pm
Exactly, but without HFCS! Smile
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 5:25pm
They showed what Michael Phelps eats per day!

Screw the Frosted Flakes - he should endorse Barilla Pasta and pizza!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

SunnyBunny View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 6:18pm
Madawee stop! Shocked You are making my tummy grumble.LOL

Seriously though, there is nothing wrong with eating frosted flakes.  Hell, it's my favorite cereal.Thumbs%20Up  I eat it a few times a month.  But I don't sit on my ass all day either.  And I don't pour a serving the size of my head.  If you take care of yourself and get regular exercise and eat in the correct portions you don't have to worry about weight gain and being unhealthy.  It's like Hooty said, the guy eats like 10,000 calories a day and trains like a lunatic.  Do you have any conception of what a person would look like if they ate that many calories a day and didn't work out?  Good Lord. Shocked  People need to take responsibility for their own actions and learn to take care of themselves.  Michael Phelps isn't making you fat, nor is he promoting an unhealthy lifestyle by appearing on the front of a cereal box that contains sugar.  The guy's an in shape gold medal winning athlete for cripes sake.  Does that mean he's not allowed to enjoy a bowl of frosted cereal every once in while?  Does that mean you and your kids can't enjoy a bowl of Frosted Flakes every once in a while?  No, you can eat it, but don't eat enough to feed a small country.  You know if you eat too much junk and don't exercise that you are gonna put on weight.  So stop eating so much and go outside and talk a walk and STFU.Ermm  Oh, and if you smell something funny, don't be alarmed...it is merely fresh air.Geek

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 6:40pm
Michael Phelps promoting Frosted Flakes?

Well, we all know what cereal Mooch will be buying in bulk. Wink
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 7:51pm
I haven't had Frosted Flakes since 1988.

Man, can I go for a box right now...
The artist formerly known as Madawee

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 8:40pm
I haven't heard about this from anyplace yet,
but I don't see how anyone with THIS body could be called a spokesperson for obesity.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by yutolia yutolia wrote:

Speaking of HFCS, I remember when I was living in Japan, I fell in love with Fanta. It tasted so much better than the orange soda stuff that I had tried over here. So I was very happy to find that Fanta was finally being sold in the US when I got back - until I tried it. As soon as I had the first sip, I kept wondering what was so wrong with me in Japan that I thought this was so great. But then when I moved to Russia, they also had Fanta, and I tried some there. It was also great again! So I did a little experiment. I looked at the Russian ingredients and wrote them down to see if anything was different with the US Fanta. The major diff? US Fanta is sweetened with HFCS. Fanta everywhere else is sweetened with cane sugar. 

I completely agree, I had a similar rant in the "foods you miss" thread a while back. I had tried a Pepsi made with cane sugar that I found in a Latin grocery store. It tasted amazing, so much less "sludgy" then HFCS sodas. It's one of the things I'll miss about SW Florida, soooo many Latin grocery stores. Too bad Coke and Pepsi both maintain there's no taste difference between sugar and HFCS flavored sodas. My ass there's no difference, it's like saying Aspartame tastes exactly like sugar, it doesn't. At least sugar doesn't give me cancer....
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 9:03pm
How about Cheerios?Wink
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by NathanAlexander NathanAlexander wrote:

but I don't see how anyone with THIS body could be called a spokesperson for obesity.

DAMN NATHAN!!! You trying to kill me here?

*wipes the drool off the keyboard*

Oh, the things I would do with all that. WinkEmbarrassedBig%20smile
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 6:41am
People magazine had a double-page photo of Michael Phelps.  He's got the most bizarre body (his ankles are double-jointed, so they're like flippers), and he is tall and has a wingspan longer than his body.  So he definitely has different caloric requirements than most of us!
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 5:18pm
He has the "swimmer's body"
I have the same body, yet I am much, much shorter.  But I know the hell of long torso/dwarfen legs and long monster arms.
My inseam is 29 and I am 5'8"
My brother has the same inseam and is 6'0"
Thanks dad, you gave us a messed up body.
Still I was a good wing in water polo.

SunnyBunny View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 5:27pm

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 4:31am
Quote Ok, so they'd have you believe that because Phelps is on a cereal box, kids across America are droning on like zombies heading to the supermarkets to tear the Frosted Flakes from the shelves to inhale them??? REALLY???? Do they think Americans are that f**king stupid???
I think people are f**king stupid for buying a f**king box of cereal for $6....
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 4:38am
but more importantly does he say "THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY're GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!"

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 5:58am
Someone somewhere will complain no matter what.  Who gives a damn what celeb is on a box. 

BTW, I buy Fiber 1 and the other cereal that is good for you.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 6:53am
I eat oatmeal just about every morning.  It does get boring, but I put some blueberries or strawberries in during the season.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 7:22am

No, but I can see how someone with that face could be the spokesman for Frankenberry.

Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 8:26am
LOL (snicker) Carefull Thor........there's a Mooch around here somewhere, and she's in a mood for that dude!! LOL
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic