Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Surface Pro Goo Goo Ga Ga Garbage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Surface Pro Goo Goo Ga Ga Garbage
    Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 5:48am

Whoever creates these barf sh*t commercials for Surface Pro should be rounded up and sent to Gitmo and made to listen to this abortion alternating with the short eyes singer croaking Winter Wonderland. And what's with this shrill nonsense baby dribble dance music?
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 5:51am
I think its from some Korean band I never heard of. Either way its annoying.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 6:04am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I think its from some Korean band I never heard of. Either way its annoying.

Let them entertain Kim Jong the Loon. But I guess they are from South Korea. Are they teen prostitot pop twats? Seems like these pop sluts are a worldwide thing. Thumbs Down
I approve this message.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 11:21pm
MEGA CHAIN CHA LA LA
MEGA CHAIN CHA LA LA
LA LA LA LALA LA..LA LA LA LA la
MEGA CHAIN CHA LA LA

wtf? I SWEAR this is ISALS theme song..its microsofts JIHAD
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 11:56pm
They're not one of the good ones. They started out okay, but their last few albums are too harsh-sounding and have a boring feeling. This is basically one of those "I'm the greatest" type songs (An 'EGO' song, I call them), and really, I have no clue why it'd be used anywhere other than the album. Horrible choice. If you're going to try and expose Korean music to America, at least choose one of the GOOD songs...and definitely not 2NE1.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 12:03am
nega che cha la ga
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 1:12am
Sounds like noise to me. Not because of the language barrier, either. I listen to German industrial on a regular basis. More or less, this sounds like dubstep/bad EDM with sparse and simplistic lyrics.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 1:43am
^It sorta is. There's more lyrical content, but the snippet they used is basically from the opening of the song.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 3:39am
Just as I thought: Prostitot Pop. As long as your cute, scantily clad you can croak out today's sh*t mu$ic. Now a global phenom.
I approve this message.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 5:23am
croak is a bit unfair, all the girls have pretty good voices, and a lot of the lyrics are written by them, as well as some of the music, though this song was actually done for them by another in the industry.

Hardly think it could be compared to the "prostitot" music we've got where the involvement begins and ends at "Popping in to record any old sh*t that gets editing and programmed into something resembling singing"
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 5:25am
I'm no huge fan of their work as a group, but some of the girls have been on "Immortal Song 2" and do amazing jobs singing and re-arranging classic songs there. One of them almost won one of the episodes.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

croak is a bit unfair, all the girls have pretty good voices, and a lot of the lyrics are written by them, as well as some of the music, though this song was actually done for them by another in the industry.

Hardly think it could be compared to the "prostitot" music we've got where the involvement begins and ends at "Popping in to record any old sh*t that gets editing and programmed into something resembling singing"

Maybe it's just me; growing up and being exposed to one of the best eras of music 1964-1972 but a lot of today's female artists including 2NE2 have that shrill tone that sounds like croaking to me. The other extreme is the hipster blase dribble like the Living The Life of Dreams tune on the Apple commercial. The shrill screeching crap sounds like Nikki Minaj and a lot of the rap artists and mixed in with that prostitot sound of Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Iggy Azaela and even the infamous Rebecca Black and her so called song "Friday's." Throw in Jessica Simpson in the prostitot genre of croaky female artists. Croaking music is not a black thing, it's not a white thing it's a special pre-processed blend of garbage in, garbage out and a lot of synth pop, and computers.
I approve this message.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 9:20am
Best music era was 1938-1968. :P just saying. That said I was more than surprised with the quality I saw in 2014 (Well, given that pretty much nothing I downloaded was American or English. XD)
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Maybe it's just me; growing up and being exposed to one of the best eras of music 1964-1972 but a lot of today's female artists including 2NE2 have that shrill tone that sounds like croaking to me. The other extreme is the hipster blase dribble like the Living The Life of Dreams tune on the Apple commercial. The shrill screeching crap sounds like Nikki Minaj and a lot of the rap artists and mixed in with that prostitot sound of Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Iggy Azaela and even the infamous Rebecca Black and her so called song "Friday's." Throw in Jessica Simpson in the prostitot genre of croaky female artists. Croaking music is not a black thing, it's not a white thing it's a special pre-processed blend of garbage in, garbage out and a lot of synth pop, and computers.

No, it's not just you.  The mid-60s (Brit Invasion) to the early-70s (the heyday of "rock") is my favorite era, too.  Then there was a lull, and then punk rock/New Wave brought some good stuff from maybe 76 to 81.  I stopped relating to a lot of stuff by the mid-80s.

But I've heard it said that by the age of 30-35, one's musical tastes are pretty much set.  After that, there may be some artists and songs one likes, but usually, they have a sound that's similar to the stuff one grew up with.  There are exceptions.

Another thing is that I was born in 55, the year that rock and roll really came into the world, too.  So I see it as "my" music.

To me, those pop artists you mentioned just sound formulaic, and like they're merely designed to sell songs.  I don't hear much that's going to have any staying power.  There's some good artists out there, but they don't seem to generate much excitement beyond the teenyboppers.  I can't think of any Beatles or Led Zeppelin equivalent today.

Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

You're definitely not alone. Music now seems so condensed and edited that it's hardly recognizable to me. I've been called a hipster for all of my days because I'm an early 90s descendant that listens to hardly any music from my own era. That said, Pandora Radio has given me alot of exposure to musicians still making good music today, that I might not have listened to. So, music is still great and lyrical if you dig deep enough past the layer of nonsensical bubble-gum pop and dubstep.

People go for catchy, fast-paced with heavy bass, for the most part now. Good lyrics and instrumental talent is unnecessary so long as you've got a gimmick to ride on, or some big chest-melons. There's no need for heart and soul in your music.
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 7:12pm
1964-1972, that's for me also.

In the early '70s I was in a schoolboy band and many of those songs could be covered by a simple four or five piece band and still sound good at a dance or club.  We played stuff by Santana, The Rolling Stones, CCR, Wilson Pickett, The Who, Grand Funk, Crosby Stills and Nash, Gordon Lightfoot, The Rascals, The Beatles, The Lovin' Spoonful, The Doors... there was so much to choose from.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 7:34pm

When I was in 9th grade in 1969-70, the popular local band was called Six Feet Under.  They were pretty good.  Even got a recording contract.  The chick singer was my age---14.  Pretty hot and pretty cool.  Lived around the corner from me.  The guys were a few years older.  Oh, and the drummer was Hector Torres, aka Tico Torres, who went on to drum with Bon Jovi.  At one point, you can see a list of their songs, including the songs they covered---Freedom, Suzie Q and In-a-Gadda-da-Vida (everyone covered that song back then).

Here they are.  You can see Nanette at 1:30 in the middle of the montage:

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 7:49pm
^^ There was a local band here similarly named 30 Foot Fall who got their start toward the end of my high school days. I never knew any of them personally, but my friend's band opened for them a couple times, probably at Fitzgerald's or The Abyss. They were heavily influenced by the 70's punk scene.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 8:02pm

Seems they have a Wikipedia page!

And seeing as how we're into measurements...

Some friends' noise-punk band (Tragic Mulatto) in the early 80s did a song called 900 Foot Jesus.  They have a Wiki page, too.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 8:29pm
Yep, that's them!  Still active too, apparently. 

I remember you mentioning Tragic Mulatto in another thread a year or so back - you knew/lived near the drummer? Or were friends with the vocalist?  I can't remember exactly what, but the name definitely rings a bell.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 8:41pm

I was friends with all of them, but mostly the vocalist.  Nowadays, I think he has something to do with books about surfing.

EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 11:46pm
^Six Feet Under

Funny - our most popular local band was called "The Undertakers."  The lead singer used to open the first set by walking out from a standing coffin.

I remember when I heard the first rock song that really hooked me.  It was "Satisfaction" by the Stones.  I was pedaling on my paper route, a beautiful summer day in 1965, my dog running along side.  There was a pool party in the back yard of a customers' house and a band was playing.  I heard that driving 3 note riff - it was magical!  That encounter prompted me to drop the cello that I played in the school orchestra and take up the guitar.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 12:11am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

MEGA CHAIN CHA LA LA
MEGA CHAIN CHA LA LA
MEGA CHAIN CHA LA LA

wtf? I SWEAR this is ISALS theme song..its microsofts JIHAD

I Google'd it.
It's Korean for "Blue Screen of Death".
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 4:19am
One of today's artists that hark back to the good old days of rock and r&b (1955 to 1972) is a group called Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Sharon Jones reminds me of the R & B artists of the 60's. Here you have a group that makes it on their own raw talent and don't have to rely on formulaic computerization, bouncing boobies, bare legs prostitots.

I approve this message.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 3:26pm
^oh how I wish music today sounded like that song instead of the electronic garbage of today!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic