Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - H&R Block 2015 - "Get Your Billions Back, America"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&R Block 2015 - "Get Your Billions Back, America"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H&R Block 2015 - "Get Your Billions Back, America"
    Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 3:35am
So this just aired...this old goofball again.
I completely forgot - or tried to forget - once the Holidays end, Tax season begins..Valentine's is mushed up between the two. AngryAngry

Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 5:31am
I'm thinking they will try to stretch the Christmas commercials to St Valentines day. Easter if they could! Maybe a "circle of life" theme!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 5:44am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I'm thinking they will try to stretch the Christmas commercials to St Valentines day. Easter if they could! Maybe a "circle of life" theme!

Beware, they will soon start Christma$ 2015 Black Friday ads. Meanwhile you got tax nerd. At least Jackson Hewitt dropped their hood commercials so far. And then there is President's Day Weekend with all those mattress and car sales commercials. Goody goody gumdrops. Why not have the Target marshmallow kids squeal like piggies and hawk tax crap and President's Day?
I approve this message.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 4:11pm
Isn't it odd the use The (Celebrity) Apprentice theme music for their ads?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 7:51pm
Add the infamous riff from the O'Jays song "For the Love of Money" to any commercial or TV theme = "We are extremely cool and hip." Unhappy Cool

8MorDaz2Halloween View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8MorDaz2Halloween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Beware, they will soon start Christma$ 2015 Black Friday ads. Meanwhile you got tax nerd. At least Jackson Hewitt dropped their hood commercials so far. And then there is President's Day Weekend with all those mattress and car sales commercials. Goody goody gumdrops. Why not have the Target marshmallow kids squeal like piggies and hawk tax crap and President's Day?
LOL  I'm glad there's someone else who still says goody goody gumdrops (sarcastically, of course!)  Wink
8MorDaz2Halloween View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8MorDaz2Halloween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 8:17pm
This commercial isn't all that bad.  The old tax nerd looks cute in his bright green bow tie and I've always liked the funkadelic R&B/soul sounds of The O'Jays, including For The Love of Money (listen to the lyrics).

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 8:58pm
I guess you're not familiar with the guy in the commercial. He used to be in H&R Block commercials. With ridiculous visuals of big blocks of money. Either falling off an aircraft carrier or falling from the sky. He would always yell "GET YOUR BILLIONS BACK AMERICA!" at the top of his lungs at the end!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 3:37am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Ad the infamous riff from the O'Jays song "For the Love of Money" to any commercial or TV theme = "We are extremely cool and hip." Unhappy Cool

Circa 1974!

And regarding the post about him falling off the aircraft carrier with billions and billions. Is it just me or does he look like he could be a blood relative of Mr. Matthew Lesko? That's the hyperactive gay nerd with the question mark threads and thick New Yowark accent. Saying you can get millions from the government or something like that. 

I approve this message.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 10:54am
They did a little parody of the Matthew Lesko program on Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, and Ned had to eat 500 bowls of oatmeal or something like that to qualify for the money. After he did that, he excitedly declared that he was going to get the money. His friend told him that the money was going towards his college scholarship and not to him, while Ned looked bummed.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 4:39pm
God, I detest this guy... Hey, Mr. Neon Green Bowtie, I can't do my taxes yet because they haven't sent me my W-2's, so shut up. Tongue
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 10:55pm
I'll probably het my tax forms tomorrow or Saturday. As usual, I'll wait until the final second in April to finish them.  

As for getting my billions back, I bought Kevin Trudeau's book..it didn't work out too well. Cry 
 (Kidding, I know this jackass is a total scam artist)

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

God, I detest this guy... Hey, Mr. Neon Green Bowtie, I can't do my taxes yet because they haven't sent me my W-2's, so shut up. Tongue

Exactly.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 3:14am
That Nerd, I would strongly advise against waiting until April to file your tax forms. I waited until April in 2013 to file my tax forms, and some crook stole my tax information and took my refund money.

Sad thing is, they filed my tax information in February and even sadder, I had my tax information in January. I should have filed my tax information in January as soon as I got it, but I assumed since I had my tax information, only I had access to it.

I knew something was wrong when my Tax information filer called me the very next day. I remember thinking ,"No way in hell are they calling me to tell me my money is already in my bank account. Something is wrong." My suspicion was confirmed when the filer informed me that someone else had already filed in my name and got my money. I was livid!

I was lucky I was getting paid in just a few days, or I would have been extremely screwed. I signed a paper saying that I had been a victim of tax identity theft, and the IRS investigated, and gave me my money 8 months later.

In 2014, I was determined not to let crooks steal my tax identity. I filed my tax information within 3 days of getting my tax information. I had clearly learned my lesson. "Steal from me once, shame on you. Steal from me twice, shame on me." This time, I got my refund in February, rather than in December.
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 4:00am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I'll probably het my tax forms tomorrow or Saturday. As usual, I'll wait until the final second in April to finish them.  

As for getting my billions back, I bought Kevin Trudeau's book..it didn't work out too well. Cry 
 (Kidding, I know this jackass is a total scam artist)

I wonder how Kevin's liking his bid in federal prison.
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 5:35pm
Twinkly eyed avuncular prick.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 5:30pm
He's back to his old antics!

There's a scene in a flying cargo plane where at the edge of a ramp a member of a flight crew kicks a bit of leftover money off the edge. Then Mr. Green Bowrtie says "when we mean all of your money, we mean all of it" then he screams "get your billions back America!" Sigh.

I also find it ironic that The (Celebrity) Apprentice uses a song that dissuades the love of money. Of course, I'm a thinking person that thinks about such things so most of the population doesn't so....
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 6:23pm
Well, he's old and stuff. Maybe he'll die soon. LOL Kidding! Kidding.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic