Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

People On TV You Absolutely CANNOT STAND

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I cannot stand Dwayne Johnson, a.k.a. Rocky Maivia, a.k.a. "The Rock." This man... is the most arrogant, loud-mouthed, wise-ass egomaniacal f*cktard that has come down to pike in the past half-century. I hate his smug-ass face, his horrible acting, his jerky voice, and you wouldn't catch me dead watching ANY of his stupid AF movies, EVER. Thumbs Down Rant over. 

I heard he's a really nice person behind the scenes to his fans and easy to work with unlike Vin Diesel and Bruce Willis who are notoriously hard to deal with.
But as far as his acting range goes, you're correct...he's pretty much limited to playing the muscled up tough guy. I liked him better early in his WWE days circa 1998 when he was a bad guy with an Elvis-ey look to his character. After he did a face turn (became a "good guy") and played a more family & kid friendly role I got bored of him
Sponsored Links

Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 4:37am
Actually - I do like the Rock - he can play the heavy and also does well in comedy adventures - however, I cannot stand another *Rocky* aka Sylvestor Stallone - can*t stand his Bronx mumble nor his face with its weird might be a grimace maybe he has to pee curled upper lip.
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 8:47pm
I was at a laundromat last year and they had one of their TVs one of those The Talk or The Real or The (whatever) daytime shows on aimed at housewives and the unemployed and I never wanted to mute or turn off a TV more in my life. I actually walked outside for awhile to get away from it. It was the most vapid superficial "who cares" fluff nonsense I ever heard. If I was a woman I'd be insulted this garbage was considered entertainment aimed towards me like I had an IQ of 8
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 8:49pm
I don't know her personally, maybe she's a really nice person, but Norah O'Donnell just LOOKS like one icy mean bitch on her CBS news show. Even when she smiles it looks forced. 
raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 1:45am
Dear god yes... phony product for a phony problem... dry eyes need prescription medication?
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 8:58pm
two words
GAYLE King [OPRAH pal]
yes  lump the one (or 2--they are technically THE SAME PERSON)
with Hoe Duh on NBC..the fate Matt Lauer brought on us viewers are these simpering and
overly emotive teary eyed FEMALEs who, for some reason-all think Jail Hoe
is some kind of SHE GENIUS
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
thetimelesschild70 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetimelesschild70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 3:47pm
Trevor Noah. 
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 2:20am
Originally posted by thetimelesschild70 thetimelesschild70 wrote:

Trevor Noah. 

He's never been funny or shared an original thought even by accident. 
God forbid he say something that's not right in lockstep with his favorite political party. 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 3:24pm
and this leads to..
Jon Stewart and his new Trump basher movie Inappropriate with semi-unfunny Steve Carrell

I am far from a Tee Rump fan BUT theres a corrosive set of libs that have used the Trumpster as a HUMOR CRUTCH to fixate endlessly on--its like they gave up ANY objectivity and just lean on
this 'difficult time' and prez to shlep endless lefty jibes--like the ultra conservative, it GETS OLD
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 3:33pm
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 1:11am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

and this leads to..
Jon Stewart and his new Trump basher movie Inappropriate with semi-unfunny Steve Carrell

I am far from a Tee Rump fan BUT theres a corrosive set of libs that have used the Trumpster as a HUMOR CRUTCH to fixate endlessly on--its like they gave up ANY objectivity and just lean on
this 'difficult time' and prez to shlep endless lefty jibes--like the ultra conservative, it GETS OLD

The only thing I thought Carrell was really funny in was weather forcaster man-idiot Brick Tamlin in Anchorman:

"Where did you get your suits? The toilet store?"  LOL

(btw I like to pretend Anchorman 2 doesn't exist)
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

I was at a laundromat last year and they had one of their TVs one of those The Talk or The Real or The (whatever) daytime shows on aimed at housewives and the unemployed and I never wanted to mute or turn off a TV more in my life. I actually walked outside for awhile to get away from it. It was the most vapid superficial "who cares" fluff nonsense I ever heard. If I was a woman I'd be insulted this garbage was considered entertainment aimed towards me like I had an IQ of 8

Believe it or not, I feel the same way about FOX "News," especially that Five show of theirs!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 3:45pm
i watch the Talk so i can roll my eyes at whatever ghettoisms token black 'comedienne' and close relative of the silver back gorilla Sheryl says..when they first plotzed her into the show Sharon Osbourne and Julie Chen did a LOT of eye rolling at her uber black LCD comments but now she is a treasured member...she represents the undereducated 'ignant street' viewpoint quite handily as opposed to addl black member Eve, who seems 'uppity' in comparison--but no one is as 'uppity' as 'proper Brit' SHARON OSBOURNE
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 3:28am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Kelly, the former bimbo g/f turned bimbo wife of Rick Dale on American Restorations.

Obviously serves no purpose but adding eye-candy to the show. Started sticking her nose in things she knew nothing about soon after marrying Rick, but apparently got zero cooperation from the guys who didn't need or appreciate her butting in, so she went back to staying in the office where she belonged, answering the phone or something.

Jennifer aka "The Cowgirl" on Shipping Wars.

Another useless piece of eye candy, but even more annoying than Kelly on AR because of her stupid empty headed Texas drawl. Her only saving grace is that she was apparently only put on the show to be abused and made to look foolish.

Roy, also on SW.

Snide, obnoxious, know-it-all jackass with yellow teeth.

Always took his cat with him on cross country deliveries....

I just found out that he died a few years ago. Thankfully, the cat was adopted by relatives and is doing fine.

Lisa on Ice Road Truckers

Another reality show eye candy addition who I started out thinking I'd dislike, but the more I watch the show, the more I find that I just can't

Busts her ass driving heavily loaded semi trucks across snow covered mountain passes in blizzards and frozen lakes in 40° below zero temps. Crawls underneath trailers on frozen ice to bang frozen brakes loose with a big hammer. Cool sense of humor and doesn't take herself too seriously. 

She's just too cool to dislike.

Actually, I think I'm in love again. Embarrassed Heart

I don't watch AR enough to get annoyed by Rick's gf, but oh boy does Jennifer from SW grate on my nerves!!! Now granted, it's obvious (and I have researched it as well on the web) that SW is very heavily edited and some scenes are definitely "directed" and the characters are encouraged to exaggerate their "personalities."

HOWEVER, having said that, when I first started watching SW recently, I thought Jennifer was pretty hot, but the more I watched, the more I started to really dislike her. Again, I know the show is heavily edited, but she just comes across as a better-than-you kind of person. Yes, she USED to have some good looks and I HIGHLY suspect IRL that she has exploited that fully to her benefit. Supposedly she used to be a model.

Of course, she has this veneer of being a down to earth "country gal" with Y'all being used constantly. I doubt she is as down home as she wants us to believe. I highly suspect that she is quite high maintenance. Is she as stupid as her character on the show? I highly doubt it, however I suspect that IRL, she is not the brightest person around, and has to rely on her (fading) looks to get her way (alot like she does on the show).

As far as Roy goes, I have a love/hate feeling about him. There is no way in real life that he could be as rude as he is on the show and make a living doing ANYthing. I don't really like the character that they make him out to be on the show.

However, he is obviously a VERY intelligent person, and is a perfectionist and is very good at what he does. I actually do admire that he cuts through the BS and is bluntly honest. I suspect most of the rudeness we see on the show is mostly fake and encouraged by the producers. I suspect if you met him in real life you would really like him. Of course that could never happen, as he passed away after the 4th or 5th season of SW.

Lisa Kelly I really like. She seems grounded, good at what she does, and is not afraid to get her hands dirty (unlike Jennifer from SW.) Lisa does not use her looks or femininity to get men to do things for her. She really is a breath of fresh air when we see so many entitled women today who think that just because they were born female, everyone should give them everything they want.

I don't know if Lisa is a feminist, but I think she is the kind of woman the original TRUE feminists had in mind. Today's feminists are absolute garbage man-hating losers that want nothing to do with equality. But Lisa has proven that if you work hard and do as good or better job than your male counterparts, people will notice and you will EARN respect and get work. Today's feminists don't seem to understand that concept, that women need to EARN respect.
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 5:48am
KAY ADAMS - Good Morning Football - cannot stand this pretentious snot. She constantly interrupts and overtalks the cohosts - when she’s not interrupting in her nasally high-pitched voice, she is staring at her teleprompter like a fiend memorizing her next lines because it’s clear she knows nothing about football and is only on the show as eyecandy. I will also add Oprah Winfrey to the list as well - can she actually say anything without shouting?! Is she going deaf and too proud to wear a hearing aid, because dear lord the woman shouts, not talk, but shouts.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 8:43pm
Thomas Middledick--the obnoxious ex-Verizon twerp and gross in general goober--gets his OWN SHOW with a similarly vile big mouthed Broadway actress called B-Positive that is going to beat a KIDNEY transplant of all things into the ground for a single season-altho my guess on Blob and Blabablobba only lasting one season didn't come to pass
of course who t F watches these things anyway?
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 6:22pm

Thomas Middledick--the obnoxious ex-Verizon twerp and gross in general goober--gets his OWN SHOW with a similarly vile big mouthed Broadway actress called B-Positive that is going to beat a KIDNEY transplant of all things into the ground for a single season-altho my guess on Blob and Blabablobba only lasting one season didn't come to pass
of course who t F watches these things anyway?

LOL I knew I recognized the little pooplord. Thomas Swizzlestink... Dead And that blonde chick is annoying AF.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 8:14pm
Muddle Duck needs a show like a fish needs a bicycle--who green lit this caca
LES MOONVES?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 2:40pm
LESLIE JONES- Supermarket Sweep--can u imagine a more UNSAVORY ghetto host?
oh yeah--
STEVE HARVEY
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 4:56pm

LESLIE JONES- Supermarket Sweep--can u imagine a more UNSAVORY ghetto host?
oh yeah--
STEVE HARVEY

She was terrible on SNL. I never saw a cast member screw up her lines on a sketch as often as she did in the 30 years I've been watching the show. It was like she was illiterate or near sighted and couldn't read the cue cards at all. In fact she did something once I never saw before which was mess up her timing and lines walking into a sketch so badly that she stopped talking for a few awkward seconds, went back and started over again. It totally derailed everything. That Lorne didn't fire her after one season was amazing. Chris Parnell got let go twice and he was 1000% more talented than she ever was. 
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

KAY ADAMS - Good Morning Football - cannot stand this pretentious snot. She constantly interrupts and overtalks the cohosts - when she’s not interrupting in her nasally high-pitched voice, she is staring at her teleprompter like a fiend memorizing her next lines because it’s clear she knows nothing about football and is only on the show as eyecandy. I will also add Oprah Winfrey to the list as well - can she actually say anything without shouting?! Is she going deaf and too proud to wear a hearing aid, because dear lord the woman shouts, not talk, but shouts.

She's undeniably attractive and I'd like to play ball on HER field wink wink nod nod but you're probably right, she's most likely got a huge ego (Hot Girl Syndrome) but doesn't know much about NFL. She's just there to be the token woman on the panel plus get guys like me to oogle and fantasize about her LOL

Some of the car garage fix-up shows I watch on Motor Trend and Discovery have the token woman in the cast. I can't remember her name or the show because there's so many of them they all start to blend together but she's clearly there to look cute and do only the most basic of tasks like push a cart of tools from one place to another, open a door, look in a hood and act like she's impressed with the engine, say she loves the new paint job of the completed car, etc etc. All the actual work of installing a transmission, engine, suspension, etc are done by the guys who know how to swing a wrench. Smile
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 3:06am
what about Charissa on Fox? shes used to dealing with Mario Lopez' cheek divots on EXTRA! EXTRA! but now thats a Billy Bush Dooshfest she and her vast knowledge of FOOTBALL (=0) is the Trump stations gift to the sports reporting world
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 7:34am
Programs just like the aforementioned "Good Morning Football" are the reason why I refuse to watch any of these pregame, postgame, halftime, weekday, whatever shows anymore. EVERYONE on these shows is annoying. I don't need some lame-ass dope who thinks he/she is a comedian to tell me what the games mean. I can get all the information I need from the NFL website. I'm sick of the idiotic announcers during the games too. They ALL think they're hilarious, don't they? For example... Tony Romo, highest paid M-Fer on TV now, can't even keep his voice from cracking... AND he's an ass. Shut up, Romo... Shut up, Cris Collinsworth... Shut up, Michael Strahan... Shut up, Greg Gumbel... Shut up, Jim Nantz... "Hello Friends"... You're no friend of mine. I don't give two poops about what a player's favorite song is or what he eats for breakfast or home videos of his kids. Get that garbage out of here. They're all overpaid brats anyway. Turning down millions of dollars, constantly negotiating contracts, in the middle of a recession and pandemic.. Christ... Why should I even watch these games anymore? Ugh... Rant over. Ouch
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:36pm

Programs just like the aforementioned "Good Morning Football" are the reason why I refuse to watch any of these pregame, postgame, halftime, weekday, whatever shows anymore. EVERYONE on these shows is annoying. I don't need some lame-ass dope who thinks he/she is a comedian to tell me what the games mean. I can get all the information I need from from the NFL website. I'm sick of the idiotic announcers during the games too. They ALL think they're hilarious, don't they? For example... Tony Romo, highest paid M-Fer on TV now, can't even keep his voice from cracking... AND he's an ass. Shut up, Romo... Shut up, Cris Collinsworth... Shut up, Michael Strahan... Shut up, Greg Gumbel... Shut up, Jim Nantz... "Hello Friends"... You're no friend of mine. I don't give two poops about what player's favorite song is or what he eats for breakfast or home videos of his kids. Get that garbage out of here. They're all overpaid brats anyway. Turning down millions of dollars, constantly negotiating contracts, in the middle of a recession and pandemic.. Christ... Why should I even watch these games anymore? Ugh... Rant over. Ouch

You don't like Jim Nantz? I know you said before you like Al Michaels. They both have similar styles of announcing.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 9:15pm

Programs just like the aforementioned "Good Morning Football" are the reason why I refuse to watch any of these pregame, postgame, halftime, weekday, whatever shows anymore. EVERYONE on these shows is annoying. I don't need some lame-ass dope who thinks he/she is a comedian to tell me what the games mean. I can get all the information I need from from the NFL website. I'm sick of the idiotic announcers during the games too. They ALL think they're hilarious, don't they? For example... Tony Romo, highest paid M-Fer on TV now, can't even keep his voice from cracking... AND he's an ass. Shut up, Romo... Shut up, Cris Collinsworth... Shut up, Michael Strahan... Shut up, Greg Gumbel... Shut up, Jim Nantz... "Hello Friends"... You're no friend of mine. I don't give two poops about what player's favorite song is or what he eats for breakfast or home videos of his kids. Get that garbage out of here. They're all overpaid brats anyway. Turning down millions of dollars, constantly negotiating contracts, in the middle of a recession and pandemic.. Christ... Why should I even watch these games anymore? Ugh... Rant over. Ouch

Clap LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
  Share Topic