Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two wond'rous years (warning: ego trip)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two wond'rous years (warning: ego trip)
    Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 2:11am
Twas only two years ago, 731 days to be exact, that I joined these great forums.  It goes without saying that my posts, nay, my very prescence, have enhanced the forum to stratospheric levels.  For that, you all should be grateful.  God knows I am.

Though it could be argued that the one-year celebration of one's forum membership is a far more significant anniversary, I don't recall any of you people starting a thread commemorating that occasion.  Then again, I don't think that I even knew of said occasion.  Probably didn't even cross my mind, or some sh*t.  But I digress.

A brief history of my membership here: I discovered the CIH forums sometime between June & August of '06, probably via Google, on some unrelated search.  After a semi-prolonged experience lurking these forums, gaining a high level of appreciation for the forums, the members, & the posts, I decided to join, in the afternoon of August 24, 2006.  My much maligned (by myself) first post:

Quote Well, I'd have to say that all of the above commercial suck, but most deserve to go into the fiery depths of Commercial Hell. [paraphrased, as not even I could remember all of the content]

From then on, I was posting.  Aside from a few (okay, more than a few) breaks from the forums, I've been visiting every day.

Yes, this is an ego trip.  Yes, this is a display of arrogance.  But I don't care. Cool

I'd like to thank all of you, for one thing or another.  Congratu-freakin-lations. Approve

But most of all, I'd like to thank myself.  I really did a bang up job in posting.  I hereby revoke all prior congratulations, & award them to myself, for being such an awesome figure.

That's it.  Goodnight, & don't forget to tip your waitresses.  You've been great.  I'll be here all week.

(Note: 51% of this was tongue-in-cheek.  Also, don't be shocked at my memory.  For some reason, I have an excellent long-term memory.)
I have 168 characters remaining.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 2:21am
Well, I don't know about everyone else...but I've never seen such self-aggrandizement in my life! 

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 2:22am
Arrogant little bastard, congratulations!

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Well, I don't know about everyone else...but I've never seen such self-aggrandizement in my life! 

Oh, that's all?  That's all I get?  Just some hastily written, one-sentence put-down of my sheer appreciation of this site, these forums, the members, the posts, & myself?  That's friggin' all?  Well, I'm disappointed.  If you had posted something of this caliber, not only would I have refrained from some cranky remark, I would have been lavish in expressing my appreciation of your membership.  You hear me?  Lavish.  But no.  But no, but no, but no, but no.  After this little outburst of yours, Bobbo, I'm afraid that I'm going to shorten your passage in my voluminous 'thank-you' list, set for publication when enough people post on this topic.  Such a shame, too, because your entry was quite friendly. 

Hmmph!  Such nerve....

Wink
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 3:49am
Hey NiteRaidah, they should have you on a BK commercial

BK Star:  Hey a Steakhouse burger.  What did you do.
NR:  I signed up on a forum two years ago
BK Star:  You Arrogant little Punk

BK Voice guy: So good, people will think that you are special.

I hope that you know, that I am kidding

But seriously, I enjoy reading your posts.  And congrats on the 2 year anniversary of joining the CIH.com
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 3:52am
Has it really been two years, NR?  Have you had your 17th, yet?!  I am certainly glad you are here and would just like to say:

C StarOStar N StarGStar RStar AStar T StarUStar LStar AStar T StarIStar OStar NStar SStar!

I know some might say:  "Niteraidah is the best poster here.  I owe him several thousand dollars, and I will pay him on a cold day in Hell."

Or something like that!  LOL
Love endures all.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 3:59am
I think I've been here almost 2 years as well, but since the old site is history. I will never know when I joined.

Time is irrelevant when you're having fun!
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 4:01am
NR, I forgot to use the winky.Wink 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 4:05am

Hmmmphhhh..... I coulda done better.....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 4:45am
Too bad I can't shovel it around my tomato plants.... LOL
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 5:32am
N.R. said:

"My childhood was typical; summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard, really."
Back%20to%20Top

Uhhhh . . . MEAT HELMETS?! Hahahahaha.

Congrats on your anniversary, NiteRaidah.  And nice job of self-congratulation!
LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

Oh, that's all?  That's all I get?  Just some hastily written, one-sentence put-down of my sheer appreciation of this site, these forums, the members, the posts, & myself?  That's friggin' all?  Well, I'm disappointed.  If you had posted something of this caliber, not only would I have refrained from some cranky remark, I would have been lavish in expressing my appreciation of your membership.  You hear me?  Lavish.  But no.  But no, but no, but no, but no.  After this little outburst of yours, Bobbo, I'm afraid that I'm going to shorten your passage in my voluminous 'thank-you' list, set for publication when enough people post on this topic.  Such a shame, too, because your entry was quite friendly. 

Hmmph!  Such nerve....

Wink

Yes, NR.  That's all you get.  You simply don't deserve anything beyond that.  But cheer up; just look at your disappointment as a good learning experience---a foreboding of your next 60 years. 

Oh, and I hope you don't expect another thread devoted to you when you reach 2,000 posts.  Probably won't happen.  In fact, we probably won't even notice.  Sorry.

LOLWink

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by LOL1955 LOL1955 wrote:

Has it really been two years, NR?  Have you had your 17th, yet?!  I am certainly glad you are here and would just like to say:

C StarOStar N StarGStar RStar AStar T StarUStar LStar AStar T StarIStar OStar NStar SStar!

I know some might say:  "Niteraidah is the best poster here.  I owe him several thousand dollars, and I will pay him on a cold day in Hell."

I think it was EXACTLY like that.  Good powers of observation, LOL1955.  I'm not even sure I'd have remembered that exactly.

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 4:06pm

Originally posted by LOL1955 LOL1955 wrote:

...I know some might say:  "Niteraidah is the best poster here.  I owe him several thousand dollars, and I will pay him on a cold day in Hell."

I think it was EXACTLY like that.  Good powers of observation, LOL1955.  I'm not even sure I'd have remembered that exactly.

Now, if only I could remember where I left my car...LOL.
Love endures all.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 1:49am

NiteRaidah & Thor are becoming  quite the comedy team. 

Like Laurel & Hardy, Abbot & Costello etc.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 1:50am
Obama and Biden..
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 2:14am
Cheech and Chong....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 2:43am
Burns & Schreiber.

Nice robe, Thor.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 2:54am
Colbert & Lewis Black.  If that counts.  Hell, I don't even know if Lewis goes on the Colbert Report anymore. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 3:00am
Laverne & Shirley!!!!!!! LOL

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 3:03am
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 3:04am
Bert & Ernie.

C'mon, man!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 5:50am
Ernie & Bert
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 6:03am
Peaches & Herb
Herbs & Spices
Penn &  Teller
Hamilton, Joe Frank no Reynalds
Barry & Elliot
Harvey & Tim
Sonny & Cher
Donny & Marie
Chad & Jeremy
Siskel & Ebert

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 6:34am
Itchy and Scratchy
Love endures all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic