Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big Lots Fat Friday Fiasco Spot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Lots Fat Friday Fiasco Spot
    Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 1:21am
No one has brought this hideous dreck to the forefront yet?

Well by all means, bask in the horrid singing of three fat chicks.

All these Christmas spots just make me miss the "Noelco" Santa that much more.

It just ain't the season until Santa rides the razor.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Neil R Neil R wrote:

No one has brought this hideous dreck to the forefront yet?

Well by all means, bask in the horrid singing of three fat chicks.

Yes, but the commercial in the link is much, much worse:

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 1:33am
Yack, that's far worse.
I did do a search, but "Big Lots" in the forums.commercialsihate.com returned nothing!
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 1:35am
I used to love this spot, although it usually signaled the end of the holiday season:

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 1:49am
"Everyday is Black Friday at Big Lots!"

That phrase alone makes my blood boil!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 1:58am

Yack, that's far worse.
I did do a search, but "Big Lots" in the forums.commercialsihate.com returned nothing!

It did for me.  You can see I used those exact words at the end of the link I posted.  But the CIH search feature is quirky, so who knows why one person gets it and another doesn't.  Won't be the first time it's happened.

Sometimes it's best to just Google it---"big lots commercials i hate".

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 2:03am
That's weird. I'll try the Google suggestion next time, thanks!

Edit: Which I didn't do with the posting of the new Kohl's ad, it's probably up here someplace too.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 2:59am
What do they say at the end? All I hear is "black friday is black friday of all" They can't be that bad at lyrics, can they?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 3:22am
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

What do they say at the end? All I hear is "black friday is black friday of all" They can't be that bad at lyrics, can they?

Its loud and clear. I listened to it carefully and that's EXACTLY what they say.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

Its loud and clear. I listened to it carefully and that's EXACTLY what they say.

Wow! So it's official.... They ran out of ideas....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 1:16pm

Yeah, that's really bad.  It makes no sense.  Didn't someone think to put a "for" in there instead of "of"?  "It's the Black Friday, it's Black Friday for all" at least makes some sense.

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 7:45pm
This kept playing all night on ID channel and every time it aired it woke me up.

There's almost a sinister quality to the sound of these awful harpies "singing"
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 5:21am

This kept playing all night on ID channel and every time it aired it woke me up.

There's almost a sinister quality to the sound of these awful harpies "singing"

They may be entering at the eleventh hour but could still take home the CIH worst commercial of 2014 award.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 5:28am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

They may be entering at the eleventh hour but could still take home the CIH worst commercial of 2014 award.

You ain't kidding.
I don't even like the look on their faces. it's like they want you to go back into the storeroom so they can eat you. And not the good way.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 3:30pm
Thats just NASTY!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 11:19pm
AH, the longer version of this "Black Fri" was on multiple times last night. Stupid lyrics and the way this lead singing loser stares at me throughout the video creeps me out.

I don't even know where the f--k a Big Lots is near me. Then again, I never really put any times looking up the locations. I'm in no rush either. 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 11:24pm
GRrrrrrrr, this is the ad. It's just creepy! Stern Smile
Sh*tty jingle!

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7EJX/big-lots-black-friday-everyday-is-black-friday

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 11:30pm
I'm pretty sure what I'm hearing is

"Every day is black Friday at big lots,
Black Friday every day from wall to wall,
So when the real Black Friday shows up,
It's the 'Black Friday'est Black Friday of all"
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 1:45am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

I'm pretty sure what I'm hearing is

"Every day is black Friday at big lots,
Black Friday every day from wall to wall,
So when the real Black Friday shows up,
It's the 'Black Friday'est Black Friday of all"

Still stupid. Still terrible. It may even be worse that what I thought they said.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 2:51am
I don't think (hope) a commercial could be worse. So far it still has my vote for CIH worst of 2014.
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 5:32am
Frankly it's starting to remind me of this:

And I want them to STOP IT too.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 12:34am
The latest ad has played 4 times in the last hour. I have had enough. They are not Dianna Ross and the Supremes!!! They are only very annoying. Your commercial is a major fail! I suggest firing your ad agency pronto!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 5:05am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

The latest ad has played 4 times in the last hour. I have had enough. They are not Dianna Ross and the Supremes!!! They are only very annoying. Your commercial is a major fail! I suggest firing your ad agency pronto!

Yep, I had the channel ION on with Criminal Minds reruns, the ad was on every damn commercial break
- also a few JC Penny ads with "Get your Jingle On(?)" - stupid! I simply turned the TV off.

Started Nov 1...it's Dec 20. We are now on day 49 of non stop in your face Xmas ads, the final weekend big push for retailers. I am just so freggin glad we're down to the final days of this horsesh*t, absolutely had enough with this Big Lot garbage and all holiday ads, holidays in general. 

(If you can't tell already, no I am not a fan of this time of year. I know, I'm a grinch. Thumbs Down )

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic