Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brandon Moynihan, a.k.a. "Captain Obvious."

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brandon Moynihan, a.k.a. "Captain Obvious."
    Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 7:06pm
Please welcome into the hallowed halls of C.I.H.'s "Repeat Offenders," one Brandon Moynihan. He has tortured us with his presence playing "Captain Obvious" in ads for Hotels.com, and for back-to-back Thanksgiving seasons, he appears as the even more creepy guy in the pilgrim outfit in ads for Stove Top stuffing. With these credentials, I present to you... Mr. Brandon Moynihan. ConfusedConfusedConfused

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 7:31pm
LOLLOLLOL

I can tell, 3J.
You really don't like this guy.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

I can tell, 3J.
You really don't like this guy.

Just doing my part, friend. Wink

I didn't even realize it was the same guy until I saw the Stove Top ad again this year.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 8:00pm
Hate on fellow CIH'er.
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 1:04am
I just saw that Stove Top ad today during football. Somehow, I missed it last year. The Captain Obvious stuff isn't bad, even if the 'sea captain ' idea seems like a ripoff from Old Spice ads of a couple of years ago.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 3:58am
Sure would suck to get served real, homemade stuffing on Thanksgiving instead of dehydrated crap out of a box, wouldn't it?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Sure would suck to get served real, homemade stuffing on Thanksgiving instead of dehydrated crap out of a box, wouldn't it?

It's TERRIBLE.  Stovetop is SOOOO much better! Wink
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 12:45am
I don't mind Captain Obvious, but He plays a narcisstic piece of trash when it comes to Stove Top commercials!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:26am
This guy ... *shudder* ... he just makes me sick. Nobody needs to see this ambiguous crap. Get the hell off my screen, Moynihan! 

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:09am
Goat yoga?  I just Googled it and it is a thing!  OMG, what next, sheep snuggling?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic