Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speaking of Hanes underwear...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speaking of Hanes underwear...
    Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 9:29pm
After the Sarah Chalke Hanes underwear thread I was reminded of something... Hanes underwear (men's) has the worst, cheapest elastic of any underwear I've ever worn.

Doesn't last for squat.

I'll always buy Fruit of the Loom from now on. Their elastic lasts longer than the rest of the garment.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 11:35pm
Jimbo, I've been a Fruit Of The Loom girl for years, it's cheap and it lasts!!

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2008 at 1:36am

Hanes comfort-fit boxers......I love them. No problems with the elastic, but I usually buy a size bigger so they don't dig in.Embarrassed

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2008 at 2:01am
Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh dem's sexy!!Approve
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2008 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Hanes comfort-fit boxers......I love them. No problems with the elastic, but I usually buy a size bigger so they don't dig in.Embarrassed

Tiz,

That's what I've been wearing....very comfortable..however they are not cheap.  But I keep them forever. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2008 at 5:36am
I don't wear these...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2008 at 10:13pm

I like the boxer-briefs too, but doesn't FOTL make them too?

I think they do. I believe I have a couple of pairs that are tattered & full of holes but the elastic waistband is still good. All my Hanes are still intact below the waistband but the elastic is shot.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 1:12am
I get mine from Kmart. And usually get a size "medium" as I hate snug undies.....the "boys" don't either.Embarrassed
They've held up to my laundry routine. Everything goes in one washer, no picking whites in one, colors in another. Then they all get thrown in the dryer.....with a Downy dryer sheet, of course.Tongue
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 4:35am
That was my husband's way of doing laundry, Tiz.  Do you fold your clothes?  Hubby just left them in the basket......

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 8:18am
I wear Hanes undies; have bought them for years.  They seem to hold up well.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

That was my husband's way of doing laundry, Tiz.  Do you fold your clothes?  Hubby just left them in the basket......

Sure I do. That if, you really call it folding. Socks & undies get tossed into their proper drawer.Approve
Shirts get "folded" and put away, same with pants. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 3:12am
Looks like somebody "got their Hanes on" her...... Ermm

I think this is whatcha call a "redneck tanktop". LOL

I guess 3 pairs for $6 bucks is cheaper than anything you'll find in ladies' wear dept.

I just hope they were a NEW pair & that crotch didn't rot out. Confused

C'mon, man!
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 3:21am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I wear Hanes undies; have bought them for years.  They seem to hold up well.

We hope they hold up..because the alternative is a bit embarassing! Embarrassed I loved "Hanes Her Way" panties and bought them for years.  But lately I've noticed a very bad quality shift.  The elastic comes away and they develop holes with even mild detergent.  And I also firmly think they sell size-mismarked and "irregulars" to WalMart in their usual packaging.  I bought my usual style and size there ONCE and they were at least one size too small.  And nooooo...I hadn't gained weight and tried to cram my butt into small drawers!  Wink 
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 4:03am

I wear the same kind.  If my boys are comfortable, then I am happy
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 6:18pm
I like Jockey - more expensive but better.
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 11:46pm
I bought the boxer briefs for my hubby and I think he likes them.  Hell, I threw out the rest of his tighty whities, most of them were just ghosts of their former selves.  Target usually has a good underwear selection.  They usually sell like 3 pairs with a bra that matches them.  I like the Joe Boxer briefs too, bikini underwear are uncomfortable anymore.  Illfitting underwear can ruin your dayOuch
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 2:04am
I hate when the leg elastic stretches, and my testes hang out.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 2:06am
That must be uncomfortable, Thor, but they just want their freedom.....

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 2:10am
Would you rather have them like a cheap hotel? [ no ballroom]
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 2:11am
They got about 20 minutes of freedom last night before I went to bed, MrsHill.  Big%20smile

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Would you rather have them like a cheap hotel? [ no ballroom]

LOL

Actually, yeah.  That way they don't bang against my knees.

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 2:16am
Bragger!LOL
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 2:29am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They got about 20 minutes of freedom last night before I went to bed, MrsHill.  Big%20smile

You and that doggone Violet.........Wink

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 2:46am
Kramer went "Commando".  As Richie Havens sang, "Freedom"!!!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 2:46am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I hate when the leg elastic stretches, and my testes hang out.

Your testemony was TMI.  Embarrassed LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic