Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keurig coffee (VIDEO)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keurig coffee (VIDEO)
    Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 12:26pm

Completely obnoxious and stupid.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:05pm
Sarge!  That's not so bad.  But I don't like it when cops come up and demand something - that's the part that makes me nervous.  Maybe because I just got a speeding ticket. Ouch

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:23pm
Put a Keurig Coffee Maker in the Buffalo office, a few years back.
Single-Servings generate TONS of non-recyclable trash at a high financial cost, not to speak of the crappy de-drugged (NO caffine!) coffee.
What a waste of money.
The commercial? What a waste of time, but it will grab some of the style aficionados and women - well, women (a 'style aficionado' can be a woman with a moustache named 'Burt').
I only drink 'Real Men's Coffee', preferably from truck stops, or real men breakfast places. Or I make my own.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:30pm
I have been happy with a Mr. Coffee since my older brother got me hooked on coffee in the 70's.
The little woman loves her Keurig, I have faced the nightmare of finding the right flavor, it's an evil world of K-cup options.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:07pm
When all you can get is Nescafe in a jar, it ain't so bad.  You can make it any strength you want.  That comes from spending a lot of time in the Philippines.

Really, I kind of like it.

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:26pm
Pa, my husband loves McDonald's coffee (it's the only thing he gets there). Especially since they only charge us "seasoned citizens" 50¢ a cup. :-)

Me, I consider Keurig a waste. Who only drinks one cup of coffee? My heart won't start with fewer than three....
BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 11:27pm
Will not grab this woman. Generates tons of non-biodegradable plastic crap in our landfills, and for what? Drinks that taste nothing like what they're named after.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 3:58pm
Love my Keurig, but I don't use the cups. I use the little filter cup and put the grounds in that. Cheaper and no waste! But I'm a one cup once in awhile chick, while my Husband has his Mr. Coffee that he loves too much.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 4:08pm
We have a Keurig at the office that my boss pays for. We also have a snack shop downstairs in the building but it's over priced swill so I'll stick with the freebie upstairs. Besides, I already have 2 huge mugs of coffee in me before I leave my house.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:01pm

My coffee maker cost $15 at Big Lots about 12 years ago.  I don't drink coffee, so I don't deal with it.  I don't even know how to use it (don't really care to).  If guests want coffee, they have to deal with it, and that includes buying the coffee.  Most of the time, I just end up taking them to Starbucks.  I think I've pulled the coffee maker outta the cabinet a total of 5 times in 12 years.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 4:55pm
I don't remember ever hearing of Keurig. Now their super annoying commercial plays 3 times per hour!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 3:34am
Gag, I hate this commercial!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 4:23am
I've got a Kuerig and it's perfect for me, only one cup a day and the wife doesn't drink coffee.
I buy the K-cups on sale or at the flea market so my per cup price is below 50 cents.

However I love these things:

You can't get them in the States but a buddy of mine brings them in from Kuwait, or Bahrain, or some mumbo jumbo land he has to go to occasionally.
I don't even like instant coffee but these things are great.

They have the coffee, sugar, and creamer all in one packet.

For the more savage coffee drinkers they have them without the cream and sugar.

Why Nescafe won't sell them here is a mystery to me.
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:19am
I'm more of a soda guy, but mentioning Mr. Coffee reminded me of this video on how the damn things work.
All the more reason to prefer a real man's coffee from a machine made with brutally simple engineering. Big smile

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 4:35pm
If "coach" broke into my house blowing a whistle and screaming he would be needlessly risking his life. I don't own a Keurig and never buy French vanilla coffee.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 4:59pm
^ Nescafe in a packet

Yes, that's what you get in the finer establishments in the Philippines  LOL

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Neil R Neil R wrote:

I've got a Kuerig and it's perfect for me, only one cup a day and the wife doesn't drink coffee.
I buy the K-cups on sale or at the flea market so my per cup price is below 50 cents.

You can't get them in the States but a buddy of mine brings them in from Kuwait, or Bahrain, or some mumbo jumbo land he has to go to occasionally.

Strabucks sells something similar - the name escapes me (something beginning with a V) and in a pinch I've had them and have to admit they were pretty darn tasty. It's like an instant coffee pack but not crystals - it is very fine coffee.

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 6:16am
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Strabucks sells something similar - the name escapes me (something beginning with a V) and in a pinch I've had them and have to admit they were pretty darn tasty. It's like an instant coffee pack but not crystals - it is very fine coffee.

That sounds very much like these packs, the coffee is very finely ground.
I'll have to check it out and go to the nearest Sixbucks to see what they are like!
Thanks.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 11:58am
( 6:45 A.M., 'The Swamp', Southeastern U.S. of Americo)
...seeing all this '1 Cup Chatter' makes one wonder HOW folks can even get out of bed (yea, I'm already on my second pot of Folgers Black Silk, for today)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Neil R Neil R wrote:

Looks like Walmart has something similar---Nescafe Mokaccino and Cappucino Coffee Beverage Mixes.  Looks like they contain coffee, milk and sugar in 6-pack boxes.

Here's the Mokaccino:  

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 2:18pm
This is what the wife likes, my grocery store doesn't carry it, I have to go to Walmart.
It cost about 10 bucks a box and she said it last 9 days.

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Looks like Walmart has something similar---Nescafe Mokaccino and Cappucino Coffee Beverage Mixes.  Looks like they contain coffee, milk and sugar in 6-pack boxes.

Here's the Mokaccino:  

That's interesting too, and it's "Nuevo"!
Maybe they advertise them on "Sabado Gigante"
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

This is what the wife likes, my grocery store doesn't carry it, I have to go to Walmart.
It cost about 10 bucks a box and she said it last 9 days.

If only it wasn't chocolate. I'm allergic!

I'm interested in seeing what the "2 part" business is about.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 5:56pm
I think I can answer that... Apparently the patent for Keurig is almost up so the prices for the different K cups will become more competitive. The new 2 part machines will have some kind of reader on it that will ONLY accept Keurig cups or some such.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 6:30pm
I know nothing about the machine, I have my Mr.Coffee, she makes it abundantly clear what flavor I am to fetch.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic