Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Insurance "Brad"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GulDukat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 11:52pm
Why did LM pull this ad for months, only to bring it back? And what is their pitch? You can be a sh*tty driver, "smash your car into a tree" "total" poor Brad, etc., and that's okay? It's permissible to be a bad driver?
Sponsored Links

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:56am
Sometimes it seems like these companies run out of fresh 'meat' for their ads and run some of our 'favorites', like this stellar example of huffy cuteness. At least shes not threatening 'there will be PAIN' like Orange Afro does on one of these winners..
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 3:01pm
Saw it last night night, why the f did they bring her back??!

If freggin multi billion dollar RX corporations can spew out new commercials every few months (ex. these new over dramatic, borderline silly ads from Stelara, Humira, Costenyx, etc. etc) Why can't multi-billion dollar Liberty Mutual ditch this damn campaign, especially retire this whiny little twit! 

Not just her, others spokes-idiots mentioning "your insurance company will only pay for  1/2, do they want you driving on 3 wheels?" or the redhead business woman "You should have done more research" (I'm paraphrasing, amazing though I see them so much I don't know the script by heart

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 10:51pm
By golly, bring back 'I'm Only Human'! Those were half-watchable compared to 'BRADDDDDD...you LOVEDDDD BRADDDDD...' STFU!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 2:18am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

... Why can't multi-billion dollar Liberty Mutual ditch this damn campaign, especially retire this whiny little twit! ...

I will bet you three-quarters of a car that Liberty Mutual has "Brad" on the books for "Goodwill" or "fair market value of Intangible assets".  They've sunk so much money into "him", they simply can't write it off.  (Goodwill is a great place for companies to help hide otherwise poor financial data.  Write it off when things improve - which they will never do with commercials like this.  It's a vicious circle.)

By way of contrast, Chevy should have discounted their "Real People" campaigns as negative goodwill a long time ago!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 2:59am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

By way of contrast, Chevy should have discounted their "Real People" campaigns as negative goodwill a long time ago!

Right around the time Maaahhhk came along....
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 4:16am
Yep, saw it the other day and was like why on earth did they bring this back? Was there like a serious demand for more...Brad, or is their ad budget getting lower so rather than spend money on a new one they just brought back the "classic"?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I'm actually missing THIS SONG!

I love this 80's band. They were from the region where I grew up and I can hear it in their accents when they sing.
One man gathers what another man spills
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I'm actually missing THIS SONG!

I love this 80's band. They were from the region where I grew up and I can hear it in their accents when they sing.

Back in the day I was soooo HOT for those two girl singers, especially the dark haired one, and especially after seeing her in this video, which was my favorite one of the only two songs of theirs that I liked...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic