Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kohler-Touchless Toilet (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 5:53am
We live in the country. First hint of a storm, we fill up the bathtub and set a bucket next to it for just that purpose. Without power, the well pump doesn't work, so no flushing. Makes us feel like survivalists in the wild. 

Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 10:03am
I'm all for these non-touch toilets, especially malls, a doctors office, a New Jersey Turnpike Rest Stop.

Your own home, too disgusted and scared to touch your toilet, I still hopw she washed her hands after doing the doo.  Eventually you'll have to touch this thing with some hand towels, a sponge, Scrubbing Bubbles..something. The toilet won't clean itself!

(I definitely always close the lid when flushing, I saw that story years ago how microscopic 'spray' gets all over towels, toothbrush..no thanks!)
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 10:08pm
Here's an observation:

This commercial conjures up the notion that you shouldn't touch the toilet flush knob because it's unsanitary.

Well how is that any less sanitary than having a guest over who doesn't know how to flush the damn thing, so they leave a big turd floating in the bowl? Huh? Answer me that, Kohler.

This product is stupid.
The commercial is almost as stupid, but it gets a least a few points for the raw chicken scene.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 12:02am
If Kohler really wanted to be "touchless", they'd also make the lid raise and or lower. You know, the part where everyone sits on with their butt. 
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 1:06am
I for one love the idea of this new tech. You know some brilliant hillbilly is just  few hours on Xcode away from making an app for those dreaded "Oh noes, did I forget to flush the toilet" moments while out and about. Just whip out the old celly, and you're just a couple taps away from a fresh bowl.

I'm gonna be so effin rich.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

I for one love the idea of this new tech. You know some brilliant hillbilly is just  few hours on Xcode away from making an app for those dreaded "Oh noes, did I forget to flush the toilet" moments while out and about. Just whip out the old celly, and you're just a couple taps away from a fresh bowl.

I'm gonna be so effin rich.

You sold me...now, Do it do it do it, Darthy!!!
I KNOW what it is like to come home from a long trip to a closed-up bathroom that has a two-month old, long un-flushed turd waiting in the bowl to greet me. It isn't a 'thing of splendor', no! It is more an object that helps one understand movies like 'The Happening'; lift the lid - one whiff of the breeze passing by - it is enough to make one want to go commit suicide.
Today.
Please.
Thank You Very Much.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 10:56am
I can't do it today, Pa, but I'll get to it before your 2 month vaca is over. Right now I'm working on modifying an old roll-up blind into a toilet paper spindle that automatically rolls backward slowly in case your cats unroll your TP. It's going to be app-controlled too, because the iTunes store is where the real money is these days.

R&D presented me with a problem that has this project rolling pretty slowly... get it?... Some people put their toilet paper on the spindle the stupid way, so my invention will UNroll their paper. I'm still working on a work-around for that.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 11:09am
Well, that sounds simply wonderful....but now all this chatter about 'involuntary recycling' has me all undressed and 'ready to go'...back in a few (this isn't a 'laptop')
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic