Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Direct TV - Rob Lowe creepy & unattractive ads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Direct TV - Rob Lowe creepy & unattractive ads
    Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 10:27pm
I'm putting this in Commercials You Hate, but these are actually pretty good. I've only seen the "less attractive" version on TV, but I found the "super creepy" one on YT while looking for the other.

I sort of became a bit of a Rob Lowe fan after he joined Parks & Rec. His character did such a good job of lampooning these über health freaks that run around nowadays & was a great counterweight to the beef & whiskey worshipping Ron Swanson.

He seems to have a good sense of humor about himself.

Anyway, enjoy these...

Super Creepy:

Less Attractive:

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 11:09pm
I'm sorry, but I just mute these ads.

Frankly, I don't give a @#$& about these commercials.

I don't care for them.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 11:31pm
Nothing to be sorry about.

I think they're kinda funny.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 12:35am

How does Lowe stay looking like that?  He's gotta be around Brad Pitt's age, and Pitt looks about as raggedy as he's supposed to.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 12:37am

The "far less attractive" one in the second vid looks like Clint Howard at first.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 1:35am
That comb over is too much!!!! LOL

And those eyebrows!!! Shocked

Or was that "an eyebrow"?

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 1:51am

Reminds me of something I posted here awhile back---some photographer's rendition of what various celebs would look like if they were normal people.  Lowe's not in there, but a buncha others are.  Kinda funny.

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Reminds me of something I posted here awhile back---some photographer's rendition of what various celebs would look like if they were normal people.  Lowe's not in there, but a buncha others are.  Kinda funny.

I looked at that site you posted Thor, and the photographer was pretty accurate about those "celebrities". None of them are very attractive to me anyway, showing the way they'd actually look is perfect!
One man gathers what another man spills
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 4:23am
I sure wouldn't put these in the Hate section. I think they are excellent. He is so good at making fun of himself, not caring how stupid he looks. Ever since he started working again after he was out for a few years after West Wing, he just gets better and better. He just had those great Sharknado commercials and now these. He may be the celebrity with the best ads for 2014.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 4:47am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I sure wouldn't put these in the Hate section. I think they are excellent. He is so good at making fun of himself, not caring how stupid he looks. Ever since he started working again after he was out for a few years after West Wing, he just gets better and better. He just had those great Sharknado commercials and now these. He may be the celebrity with the best ads for 2014.

Yeah I was thinking about putting it in the Commercial Talk forum, but figured it would get more eyeball time here.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 4:58am

^  Yeah, I think Donathan did that with his stories, too.  Decided to put them wherever the hell he damn well pleased just so more people would read them.

Actually, I think the "Commercial Talk" section (previously called "Commercials You Don't Hate") is kind of unnecessary.  Let's just put all commercials together, and let us sort out whether we like 'em or not.  We're gonna do that anyway.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 5:20am
Maybe "Commercial Talk" should be the name of the main forum.

I dunno.

Having a forum in which the name validates one's hatred of some commercials probably has some therapeutic value.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 5:27am

Actually, I never really loved the name of the entire forum.  "Commercials I Hate" just doesn't sound good to me, as commercials just don't anger me that much.  I'd have called it something more neutral.  But, really---no big deal.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 5:38am
"Commercials That Can Sometimes Be Kind Of Annoying" just doesn't roll off the tongue, though.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 5:42am

True.  LOL

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 4:36pm

Actually, I never really loved the name of the entire forum.  "Commercials I Hate" just doesn't sound good to me, as commercials just don't anger me that much.  I'd have called it something more neutral.  But, really---no big deal.

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

"Commercials That Can Sometimes Be Kind Of Annoying" just doesn't roll off the tongue, though.

I'm sure Nathan will get right on this.  LOL

I've noticed that some of the ads posted in the Commercials You Hate section are also in the Commercial Talk section, with differing views on how much love and hate they garner.

Maybe it should be Do You Hate This Commercial?

Anyway, no one seems to donate to the site, I say seems to because when I donated it never made the Recent Donations indicator.  Probably because it wasn't large enough.  Embarrassed
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 8:39pm
Much better than the Gary Busey ads, what the heck did Rob Lowe do, I can't remember, screw a prostitute?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Much better than the Gary Busey ads, what the heck did Rob Lowe do, I can't remember, screw a prostitute?

Wasn't he the first sex video celeb?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'm sure Nathan will get right on this.  LOL

I've noticed that some of the ads posted in the Commercials You Hate section are also in the Commercial Talk section, with differing views on how much love and hate they garner.

Maybe it should be Do You Hate This Commercial?

Anyway, no one seems to donate to the site, I say seems to because when I donated it never made the Recent Donations indicator.  Probably because it wasn't large enough.  Embarrassed
I'm sure he appreciates anything the member's have to offer, if you bumped the scale, he would have posted it.
I went to an anonymous donation, it is rare to see any donations these days, you should all be ashamed of yourselves.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 8:57pm

Yes.  Back in 1988 at the Democratic National Convention, he had videotaped six with two women, age 16 and 22.  Since it was in Atlanta, GA, the age of consent being 16, he didn't break any statutory rape law, but the videotape became a scandal.  At the same time, another tape was leaked of Lowe with a model in a hotel room in Paris, France.  Hot steamy stuff at the time.  Evil Smile

Despite all, his career rebounded and he took his bad image in stride, making fun of himself on Saturday Night Live.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 9:03pm

Yes.  Back in 1988 at the Democratic National Convention, he had videotaped six with two women, age 16 and 22.  Since it was in Atlanta, GA, the age of consent being 16, he didn't break any statutory rape law, but the videotape became a scandal.  At the same time, another tape was leaked of Lowe with a model in a hotel room in Paris, France.  Hot steamy stuff at the timeEvil Smile

Despite all, his career rebounded and he took his bad image in stride, making fun of himself on Saturday Night Live.
And you couldn't post a link for we horny old men? See how you are?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 9:11pm

Yes.  Back in 1988 at the Democratic National Convention, he had videotaped six with two women, age 16 and 22.  Since it was in Atlanta, GA, the age of consent being 16, he didn't break any statutory rape law, but the videotape became a scandal.  At the same time, another tape was leaked of Lowe with a model in a hotel room in Paris, France.  Hot steamy stuff at the timeEvil Smile

And you couldn't post a link for we horny old men? See how you are?
It's on Pay-Per-View.  I'll give you special access if you make a deposit to my PayPal account!  LOL Tongue Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 10:20pm

These are on all the time, up here.

'Less Attractive Rob' reminds me of somebody who posts here....and that wouldn't be me, would it, Thor?LOL

Now, when it comes 'Creepy Rob', wow - does THAT dredge up his past! Kudos to Rob for the self-effacing, funny as crap commercial!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 4:51pm
I'm a big fan of Rob Lowe's character Chris Traeger from Parks And Recreation.....somehow I see a bit of Chris in everything Rob does now!
One man gathers what another man spills
sdsyl659 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdsyl659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 5:59pm
This is a rare one I like, although mainly the super creepy Lowe. When you see him bringing a beer to the movie theater and sniffing the woman's hair sitting in front of him.. Good stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic