Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent Newbie Insults

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recent Newbie Insults
    Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 5:56am
I have noticed a few newbies that join the forum and immediately insult existing members for no apparent reason. Is this something fairly new in our society? I expect the occasional troll or spammer but this seems to be individuals who think the "baddest" attitude always wins. I visit 2 other forums that have nothing to do with commercials. They have been around for a few years like CIH. Posters sometimes disagree but do not insult each other personally just like here. I can only hope the insulters are 12 year olds but they could be "Butt Hurt Old Men".   
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 6:17am
Maybe they're duplicate accounts?
Also, who the hell is this Donathan person?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 7:41am
Donathan=Ken 1802=Alex=???
A naive poster who tries to fool members and the FA.
Multiple user names, banned several times.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 3:36pm

Yeah, we've had the trolls come on just to insult people here quite a few times.  I think they mainly exist thanks to the anonymity of the internet.  20 years ago, the same people were making crank phone calls.  They don't really bother me.  They're idiots.  Sometimes, though, it's fun to turn them into abuse receptacles.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 3:39pm

Originally posted by thedude thedude wrote:

Also, who the hell is this Donathan person?

It's a little on-going saga here (as aka ron said).  You'd have to have been following it all along to really get the enjoyment we've all gotten out of it.  Otherwise, it'd be like tuning into Season 3 Episode 5 of Breaking Bad and expecting to understand what's going on.

Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 4:51pm
A good rule of thumb is to not insult the posters who have seniority when you are a newbie. You will not be tolerated nicely. The Senior Members deserve respect from the Newbies.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 5:12pm

My only concern is that some decent newbie might see those posts and think CIH is one of "those" websites, and be turned off.  Not a huge concern, though.  Newbies come and go, anyway.

What I like about CIH is that it's not juvenile.  We have our share of young people here, but they're of decent quality.  

Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 6:22pm
The fact that there is a hands on Admin here deters a lot of trolls from unleashing unruly hell on this board. The websites that don't have hands on Admins are truly unruly, Youtube being one of the most unruly websites I have ever seen. You can cuss and harass posters on that board with little to no consequences. Here, we are for the most part, mature, reasonable, and responsible posters. The very few trolls who do join just to spam CIH with obvious spamming scam are usually banned within a day. The trolls who join to harass posters are also gone within a day to.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I have noticed a few newbies that join the forum and immediately insult existing members for no apparent reason. Is this something fairly new in our society? I expect the occasional troll or spammer but this seems to be individuals who think the "baddest" attitude always wins. I visit 2 other forums that have nothing to do with commercials. They have been around for a few years like CIH. Posters sometimes disagree but do not insult each other personally just like here. I can only hope the insulters are 12 year olds but they could be "Butt Hurt Old Men".   

Trying a multiple quote, bear with me...

Post Options Post Options Thanks (0) Thanks(0)
Quote HughJ Quote Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 1 minutes ago at 11:59pm
I'll bet you wouldn't mind spending the night in a singles bar with HIS looks.... Just saying'...

Junior Exec as a handle is just plain dorky!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Sandra Sandra wrote:

The very few trolls who do join just to spam CIH with obvious spamming scam are usually banned within a day. The trolls who join to harass posters are also gone within a day to.
AND THEN THERE'S MAUDE!!!
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 2:14am

LOLI don't believe it to be anything new, SargeWink
Actually, considering our members can be anywhere between eight and eighty (means Hooty gets banned next year), I think it is just a 'right of passage', or maybe something comparable to 'puberty'.
Yea.
New to the board and about 12 or 13 (mentally-speaking).
Nobody sees them, nobody is going to tell on them.
They do not think about what others may say back at them...and that is where the separation of the immature and mature occurs...few can take it, all the rest just wash out. The ones that CAN take it often leave, too...but then we have those that we end up raising to responsible adult posters wih productive views and opinions, doncha know...look no further than our very own beloved transgending-poster, father, and, well, now supposedly a young girl...Donnathang...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 5:53am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOLI don't believe it to be anything new, SargeWink

Actually, considering our members can be anywhere between eight and eighty (means Hooty gets banned next year), I think it is just a 'right of passage', or maybe something comparable to 'puberty'.

Yea.

New to the board and about 12 or 13 (mentally-speaking).

Nobody sees them, nobody is going to tell on them.

They do not think about what others may say back at them...and that is where the separation of the immature and mature occurs...few can take it, all the rest just wash out. The ones that CAN take it often leave, too...but then we have those that we end up raising to responsible adult posters wih productive views and opinions, doncha know...look no further than our very own beloved transgending-poster, father, and, well, now supposedly a young girl...Donnathang...

[/QUOTE]I agree. They come and go. I don't care if they insult me. I was just a little upset that others were being attacked for no reason. I'll stand down now.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah, we've had the trolls come on just to insult people here quite a few times.  <span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">I think they mainly exist thanks to the anonymity of the internet.  20 years ago, the same people were making crank phone calls.  </span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">They don't really bother me.  They're idiots.  Sometimes, though, it's fun to turn them into abuse receptacles.</span>

Thor, when I read your posts I usually think of Ron Swanson from Parks And Recreation speaking the words.
He's my favourite character on that show, so I'm paying you a complement
One man gathers what another man spills
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 2:11pm

Then I'll take it as a compliment, Jimmy (I haven't actually seen the show).  Thanks!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Then I'll take it as a compliment, Jimmy (I haven't actually seen the show).  Thanks!

You should do yourself a favor & find the back episodes online somewhere & start watching it.

If for no other reason than that character, Ron Swanson.

I have never seen a human being so dedicated to the consumption of animal flesh. Cow flesh in particular.

Some people might think the show is a shill for pro-govt liberal politics, but in reality, they make fun of liberalism just as much as conservatism.

Both sides are exaggerated versions of reality for comedic purposes.

If you enjoy politics & humor & if you like them both together, you'll like this great, intelligently written show.

Much better than that fake nerd show, no matter what the ratings might say.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 5:45pm

I agree. They come and go. I don't care if they insult me. I was just a little upset that others were being attacked for no reason. I'll stand down now.
I reported the two offending posts from the newbie in question for attacking a forum member (since 2008) for no reason.  I see that the account is still active and the asshat logged in yesterday, didn't post anything, probably wanted to see if he caused enough ruckus.  I think we should just ignore any posts made by these jerkoffs and send in a report. Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 6:00pm
I love you DRS, but don't just report everyone who causes a stir, please?

We have spammers and trolls, sometimes it's more fun to take advantage of their ignorance, it makes for some fun banter. Yes? No?
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I love you DRS, but don't just report everyone who causes a stir, please?

We have spammers and trolls, sometimes it's more fun to take advantage of their ignorance, it makes for some fun banter. Yes? No?
I haven't reported anyone other than the previous one we're talking about and the cougar website guy who was trying to promote his website.  That's all.  I don't report the people who cause a stir with others and I just stand up for myself when necessary.  I love you too aka ron.  Smile
Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 11:20pm
I guess it is a prison mentality... Attack the cool big boys, and look like a cool big boy yourself.... The newbies attacking the big boys (Members with Seniority) are clearly trying to look as cool as the Senior members.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 12:03am

I guess it is a prison mentality... Attack the cool big boys, and look like a cool big boy yourself.... The newbies attacking the big boys (Members with Seniority) are clearly trying to look as cool as the Senior members.
ApproveAbout time you came to your senses and realized that - took you long enough, cancha tellWink

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 1:22am
My prison mentality is drop soap...a lot.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

My prison mentality is drop soap...a lot.
LOL Thanks for the 'giggle of the evening', PapaL!
Brought back memories of one of my favorite 'senseless humor' movies of all time (by the way, starring the guy from the 'Pregnant Wife iPad commercial')
Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 3:06am
PaWolf, don't ask me how I know about prison mentalities ....;)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 3:15am

LOLWinkNo prob, Thang. Certan it kinda sorta went somewhere along this line...
...and ended up somewhere around here...
You can have it...LOL
...just out for those that were trained by the likes of the Missus...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 3:47am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOLWinkNo prob, Thang. Certan it kinda sorta went somewhere along this line...

...and ended up somewhere around here...

You can have it...LOL
...just out for those that were trained by the likes of the Missus...

As long as it didn't go something like this...

Best prison fight scene in movie history.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic