Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hardee's velveeta bologna biscuit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hardee's velveeta bologna biscuit
    Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 4:07am
I will apologize beforehand if this has already been posted. I checked.

I don't hate this commercial but somehow it doesn't seem right that they are bragging about the homemade, scratch biscuits and then use bologna and velveeta. Makes me shudder.

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 4:33am
Good lord, that has got to be a joke!!!

Baloney & Velveeta??? At a restaurant???

That's the kinda crap you sling together when you're drunk at 2am and don't have anything else in the fridge!!!

Who would pay for that????

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 4:38am

Given their track record, I'd expected them to try and sell that with something completely opposite of Paris Hilton 'washing' a car - maybe a drunk redneck peeing on the front tire of his beat-up old pick'em-up truck, with one of those hanging out of his mouth.

Maybe with a tag line reading, "For that quick snack when they won't let you into Waffle House"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 5:59am
Shouldn't Shirley be wearing gloves before she starts baking the biscuits?  Why the hell would someone go to a restaurant to get baloney and the most non-cheesy made cheese product in America (except Cheez Whiz)?  Makes a Jack in the Box Munchie Meal sound like gourmet cuisine!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 3:02pm

This is "last resort" sort of food.  Why would anyone order this when there's much better stuff on the menu?  Hardee's (Carl's Jr, here) has some pretty good burgers.  Get one of those!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 8:37pm
I havn't had a bologna & cheese sammich since Jr. High,  hanging out at my buddy Mike's house.

I have considered trying one again.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 8:41pm
Velveeta and bologna? Sick

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 8:51pm
Sliced american cheese.

Hell, it's just a thought, I doubt it would kill me.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 9:02pm
I had a baloney and Velveeta sandwich today.  BBQ chips, and a hot dill pickle as well.
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 9:52pm

Shouldn't be too long now... Confused
Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 11:01pm
I'm not sure I've ever had bologna. I don't have anything against it I just haven't tried it yet. I just don't understand though, why someone would go to Hardees for something they can easily make at home. I guess a lot of fast food is like that but still, bologna and velveeta...that sounds like something someone would throw together at home when you're out of everything else. I guess their selling point is the biscuits but then if I wanted their biscuits I'd get a sausage biscuit from there or something, not bologna and velveeta.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 11:36pm
It's about time you returned, Autumn.

We're all pretty sick of Summer.

I mean she's hot & all, but too hot for me.

Plus, she can be a bitch.

Not to mention wet & sticky.

I'm looking forward to your dry coolness.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 1:13am
Yep, that's definitely a "What do we have left in the fridge?" kind of sandwich. Ermm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

LOLLOL
I think Jimbo loves Autumn.
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 9:09am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOLLOL

I used to date a girl named April... but let's not talk about the showers. Very steamy. Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 10:13am
^LOL

I was up at the crack of 'Dawn'...oops, she's not here yet.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by thedude thedude wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOLLOL

I used to date a girl named April... but let's not talk about the showers. Very steamy. Wink

LOLLOLLOL
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 12:08pm
This should be the advertising jingle for these...

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 5:28pm
Haven't seen the commercial, but the THOUGHT of such a product is enough to make me hurltastic.
liamr View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 5:44pm
Murica!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 6:12pm
This looks like it should be on SNL as a spoof of fast food restaurants.

Funny thing about Velveeta - back in the day it did make a damn good grilled cheese! Or, mixed with salsa and nuked made a great dip for tortilla chips.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

This looks like it should be on SNL as a spoof of fast food restaurants.

Funny thing about Velveeta - back in the day it did make a damn good grilled cheese! Or, mixed with salsa and nuked made a great dip for tortilla chips.

One of my college roommates used to cut it up & mix it into hot popcorn.

You'd get these big, gooey popcorn & cheese globs.

Quite good!!

C'mon, man!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 2:12am
My Mother loved Velveeta. One of her "specialties"was tuna noodle casserole. Not being a big fan of tuna by the time I was 20 I stopped eating it. I didn't realize Velveeta wasn't really cheese until I was an adult either. I know she used it because it was cheaper than real cheese.

Other than that, my Mother was a fantastic cook.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 2:19am
Velveeta is good on Ruffles Potato Chips.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 2:29am
Great.. Now I'm hungry. Approve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic