Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Farm Richmeister (Rob Schneider)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State Farm Richmeister (Rob Schneider)
    Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 12:40am

It was semi funny on SNL, this commercial......not so much.

On a bar of Dove soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap."
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 1:10am
That was actually pretty good.

Good to see the copy guy out of retirement.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 1:22am
I rather suffer through this commercial. Than see those idiotic instant appearing agents after some dumbass sings the company slogan!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 2:44am
ShockedOh hell no - thanks for the 'fair warning', ChillP! Never seen that one, hope it stays that way...(can't stand Schneider MOST of the time, anyway)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 7:46am
I'm reporting chillinpat for blatant thread necromancy.
I can't do that because idiots like this don't even use the brand name in the thread title.
They can all just bite me.

Chillinpat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 11:20am
Sorry Ron, I didn't do it on purpose, I just saw the commercial for the first time last night.  I am not trying to upset anyone.  Any time I do make a thread, I try to put the actual commercial name in.  If you think I am trying to necro threads or whatever, that is not the case.  I'm not sure what is going on in this forum but things have seemed to change and I'm not really feeling welcome any more.  I already suggested that there should be some kind of a search feature instead of going through countless of posts, and there have been topics already double/triple/quadruple posted. 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Chillinpat Chillinpat wrote:

Sorry Ron, I didn't do it on purpose, I just saw the commercial for the first time last night.  I am not trying to upset anyone.  Any time I do make a thread, I try to put the actual commercial name in.  If you think I am trying to necro threads or whatever, that is not the case.  I'm not sure what is going on in this forum but things have seemed to change and I'm not really feeling welcome any more.  I already suggested that there should be some kind of a search feature instead of going through countless of posts, and there have been topics already double/triple/quadruple posted. 

Don't worry about it Pat, the search feature does work just not very well.
I only point these out because it's been done to me countless times.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 3:32pm

Just shake it off. One time Donathang got under my skin and I lashed out. When it was brought to my attention I felt like I had kicked a puppy.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 10:08pm
Another thing I want to say is, I would have never known that this commercial was posted in that topic due to the fact the commercial name was never posted as the topic name.  I never clicked in that thread and again, yesterday was the first time seeing this commercial.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 10:30pm
http://www.commercialsihate.com/search_results_topics.asp?SearchID=20140915222723&KW=State+Farm
Your post has no reference to State Farm, I had to muddle through all the other vague post to find it.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 11:16pm
Edited topic name, done.  Am I really doing something wrong or upsetting you or other people?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 8:28am
Nobody here wants to see a topic they started duplicated by another member, it should be a common courtesy to at least look to see if anything else has been posted.
I was thinking if the thread is 5, 6, 7 months old, go ahead and start a new one, according to the FA, we should post on old threads up to a year old.

Necromancy is probably not the best word to use when pointing out duplicate threads.
I am nobody, these things have been brought to my attention by senior members here.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 11:57am
Okay Ron, I get it.  As I said, this thread you pointed out has in no way the title of the commercial in the topic thread.  I at least have or try to and fix the topics of my threads to include the name of the commercial so things like this do not happen.  I have seen topics of mine get pushed down to other pages while other people have made duplicates of my threads, but did I complain about it? No.  I came here to join you all poking fun of and sharing the disdain of the advertising junk on television but I think I'm just better off leaving this board.  I have always tried to show every member courtesy here and follow the rules.  But my time here is done.  Please take care every one.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 12:15pm
Well Pat, I think you are overreacting.
I was merely trying to make a point with you.
What I say should not make you want to leave the board.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 2:22pm

Okay Ron, I get it.  As I said, this thread you pointed out has in no way the title of the commercial in the topic thread.  I at least have or try to and fix the topics of my threads to include the name of the commercial so things like this do not happen.  I have seen topics of mine get pushed down to other pages while other people have made duplicates of my threads, but did I complain about it? No.  I came here to join you all poking fun of and sharing the disdain of the advertising junk on television but I think I'm just better off leaving this board.  I have always tried to show every member courtesy here and follow the rules.  But my time here is done.  Please take care every one.

Oh, stop with the victim thing!  There are a few reasons why threads get ignored.  Timing is probably the most important thing.  Maybe no one's seen the commercial yet.  Maybe the thread title provides no reason for someone to look at it.  Maybe everyone's busy with some other threads.  Maybe no one's done a search.  Maybe they did, but the product was misspelled.  I've even seen threads in which the product name isn't mentioned anywhere except for in the Youtube video.  The CIH search feature doesn't recognize that.  

We've all had threads ignored.  It has nothing to do with who the poster is.

I was a bit pissed that you reported a thread that no one had a problem with except you, which resulted in some newbie getting banned for stating an opinion that's been expressed here quite a few times before.  I called you out on it, and wanted you to explain.  You didn't.  Still, that doesn't mean I or anyone else wants you to leave the board.  All I wanted was a response and a discussion.  That would've been the end of the story.  I just don't like when one person censors other people for opinions they disagree with.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh, stop with the victim thing!  There are a few reasons why threads get ignored.  Timing is probably the most important thing.  Maybe no one's seen the commercial yet.  Maybe the thread title provides no reason for someone to look at it.  Maybe everyone's busy with some other threads.  Maybe no one's done a search.  Maybe they did, but the product was misspelled.  I've even seen threads in which the product name isn't mentioned anywhere except for in the Youtube video.  The CIH search feature doesn't recognize that.  

We've all had threads ignored.  It has nothing to do with who the poster is.

I was a bit pissed that you reported a thread that no one had a problem with except you, which resulted in some newbie getting banned for stating an opinion that's been expressed here quite a few times before.  I called you out on it, and wanted you to explain.  You didn't.  Still, that doesn't mean I or anyone else wants you to leave the board.  All I wanted was a response and a discussion.  That would've been the end of the story.  I just don't like when one person censors other people for opinions they disagree with.

This is from a decent guy who does not lash out at anyone, well maybe Jimbo but thats a love hate relationship.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 8:44pm
No, that's a true love relationship....Heart
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 9:43pm

This.

This is from a decent guy who does not lash out at anyone, well maybe Jimbo but thats a love hate relationship.[/QUOTE]

We really don't know what kind of relationship Thor and Jimbo have.  Confused  Sometimes I wonder if they aren't the same guy with a split personality on opposite coasts.  LOL Tongue

I have to say that I've come to believe that Thor is a very smart man.  Jimbo on the other hand, well, I digress.  LOL  No really, I like both of them, or both their personalities, whatever the case may be.  Thor and Jimbo have smarts and heart.

I also don't want anyone to leave the board.  We can have fun here, have a comradery with our mutual hate of pesky commercials, and read differing points of view and opinions.  No one's going to like what everyone says all the time.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 10:03pm
Jimbo is a good guy too. You should not hold a grudge.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Are you referring to me and my long-held grudge against Jimbo when he changed my name in a quoted post of mine to indicate he thinks I'm a dork?

No, not at all, we have that all straightened out and I hold no grudge against Jimbo.  Or Thor for that matter.  Tongue    I can't even remember what the thread was about. Big smile

Really, for real.  I do believe at the moment Jimbo and I hold each other in good esteem.
sjh4889 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjh4889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 12:21am
As of today, State Farm is officially pulling this ad. They claim Rob Schneider's anti-vaccine comments were causing consumers to focus only on the vaccine debate and not about the product (as was evidenced by heated arguments on State Farm's Facebook page.) Good riddance.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 1:22am
Originally posted by sjh4889 sjh4889 wrote:

As of today, State Farm is officially pulling this ad. They claim Rob Schneider's anti-vaccine comments were causing consumers to focus only on the vaccine debate and not about the product (as was evidenced by heated arguments on State Farm's Facebook page.) Good riddance.
Thanks for letting us know!  Yay!  Good riddance!  Big smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 2:28am

We've all had threads ignored. 

Well, except for you, as you've only started a couple of dozen of them since you've been here... LOL

AAMOF, on the rare occasion that you DO start one, it probably gets extra interest just by virtue of the rarity factor!!! LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 2:33am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Are you referring to me and my long-held grudge against Jimbo when he changed my name in a quoted post of mine to indicate he thinks I'm a dork?

No, not at all, we have that all straightened out and I hold no grudge against Jimbo.  Or Thor for that matter.  Tongue    I can't even remember what the thread was about. Big smile

Really, for real.  I do believe at the moment Jimbo and I hold each other in good esteem.

More than that, I like to think we are bona fide pals. Thumbs Up

I've always liked dorks. Big smile Tongue

(being one myself it only stands to reason) Geek

Wink

C'mon, man!
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 3:15am
How do you edit the name of a thread? I plead guilty to not always putting the sponsor name in the title....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic