Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Laughing Cow Reinvent Snacking (vid)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laughing Cow Reinvent Snacking (vid)
    Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 5:41pm
The talking cow in this ad is freaking me out.
The ear rings, the devilish features?
The voice?  I hate it.
Sponsored Links

Event Horizon View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Event Horizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 5:57pm
Just saw the ad early this morning.  Very freaky.  
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 7:24pm
I hate the voice more than I hate the red cow wearing the cheese-wheel earrings.  That young woman, goody-goody shopping girl voice (that's the only way I know to describe it) is an instant hate for me!  They use it on the department stores and other food commercials they want to target to women.  I Angry Evil Smile it!
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I hate the voice more than I hate the red cow wearing the cheese-wheel earrings.  That young woman, goody-goody shopping girl voice (that's the only way I know to describe it) is an instant hate for me!  They use it on the department stores and other food commercials they want to target to women.  I Angry Evil Smile it!

I ditto....only part I hate is the voice.  The color, the earrings, at least attention getting and kinda cute.
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 11:58pm

It sounds like a mix of vocal fry, valley girl, and excessive emphasis on certain words. It's basically one of the most contrived voices I've ever heard in a commercial. Some marketing person really dialed the feminine stereotypes up to 11.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:21am
Originally posted by thedude thedude wrote:

It sounds like a mix of vocal fry, valley girl, and excessive emphasis on certain words. It's basically one of the most contrived voices I've ever heard in a commercial. Some marketing person really dialed the feminine stereotypes up to 11.

Is all true! Cry
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 3:19am
Ever seen the movie "The Wishmaster" or its many sequels? That exactly the thing this commercial reminds me of. A f*cking anthropomorphic red cow "granting one's every wish" of weight loss...Yeah. Too good to be true. Also very f*cking unnerving.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 4:57am
That creepy looking cow in the commercial is not the same cute laughing cow on the actual packaging.....
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 8:45am
I'm bothered less by the cow's appearance AND voice, than I am with the unnecessary judging of other snack foods.

What's wrong with chips? It's not a real snack unless I'm eating it slowly and I'm spreading something on it?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I'm bothered less by the cow's appearance AND voice, than I am with the unnecessary judging of other snack foods.

What's wrong with chips? It's not a real snack unless I'm eating it slowly and I'm spreading something on it?

But it's their mandate to make other snack foods The Enemy.  Advertising....is war.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Sandra Sandra wrote:

That creepy looking cow in the commercial is not the same cute laughing cow on the actual packaging.....

This wins the prize for esoteric distinctionsLOL!  I would never buy commercially packaged cheese altogether.
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 12:24am
Probably better than the other ads of today.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Adznem Adznem wrote:

Probably better than the other ads of today.

Is true...but we should try not to compromise objective standards re a lesser among pervading evils.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic