Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Care.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Care.com
    Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 5:01am

I am all for creative ingenuity and the entrepreneurial spirit, and this site has a good name, am sure their service can fulfill existing needs…..but that KID they hired, OMG, pretty little girl, but out of the infinite number of kids who must have auditioned--- they picked a kid who not only sounds like Donald duck but Donald Duck on helium mixed with nails on a chalkboard?Ouch

They thought the dimples would make up for this?

Eeeewwwww!

Sponsored Links

thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 6:46am
Is this the one?

"Hey, what's in this muffin?!"

umm...

Clap

My terrible mind instantly thought weed and rohypnol instead of the aforementioned vegetables, and now I can't stop laughing.
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 11:21am
Originally posted by thedude thedude wrote:

Is this the one?

"Hey, what's in this muffin?!"

umm...

Clap

My terrible mind instantly thought weed and rohypnol instead of the aforementioned vegetables, and now I can't stop laughing.

Yes!  That's duck/helium/nails on chalkboard girl!!!!Censored

But, nobody sounds like that on weed; weed CHILLS.  And far more with  rohypnol, one the most powerful tranquilizers in existence....which is why lowlifes and cowards use it in the ways they often do on others.

Some spots in this campaign have normal, non duck/helium speaking kids....tho unimaginably, what agencies and some clients don't seem to get: when the campaign centers around small kids, there's a fine line been casting adorable/enchanting.... and distilled refined carbs which make you gag and creep you out.

Actually, Donald duck/heilum girl could clean up if the Aflac duck reproduces!  She would absolutely kill as the voice of one of the ducklings!!!!Clap

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 2:40pm

She's way too actress-y.  I've seen kids in commercials who just seem to act like kids, rather than like this precocious ever-so-smart type  In fact, this little girl doesn't seem like she'd even need a babysitter.  She seems quite capable of taking care of herself and having dinner on the table when her parents get home.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 3:00pm
Really.

She is an example of what you get when you administer cuteness steroids to a child.

Raging, Terminator-level cuteness that rips off your head & shoves it down your neck.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 3:23pm

As soon as a kid realizes he/she is "cute," and then starts using it, they cease to be cute.  That happens, from my observation, at around the age of 5.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 3:26pm
There has always been a fine line between cute & creepy.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

She's way too actress-y.  I've seen kids in commercials who just seem to act like kids, rather than like this precocious ever-so-smart type  In fact, this little girl doesn't seem like she'd even need a babysitter.  She seems quite capable of taking care of herself and having dinner on the table when her parents get home.

O!!!!   Totally right!   I was so creeped out by just the duck voice, I did not get all that, but it's all true (more Eeeewwwwww!)!!!!!  Thumbs Up
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

There has always been a fine line between cute & creepy.

Good comment!Clap

But wouldn't U think, high end agencies who get the big bucks, and clients pay thru the nose to buy time... would make that distinction a basic?Shocked
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 11:20pm

As soon as a kid realizes he/she is "cute," and then starts using it, they cease to be cute.  That happens, from my observation, at around the age of 5.

Interesting comment.  Bet it works back to what a given kid gets pleases the parents.  And any such kid who also ends up sporting the framily (lol) via this sickening stuff.....is maybe a lost cause.

Maybe it's less BEING cute, than being mainly validated for being cute.  And if so, that really is the Bad of the parents.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Really.

She is an example of what you get when you administer cuteness steroids to a child.

Raging, Terminator-level cuteness that rips off your head & shoves it down your neck.

Thumbs Up
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by FocusedinNYC FocusedinNYC wrote:

Maybe it's less BEING cute, than being mainly validated for being cute.  And if so, that really is the Bad of the parents.

Yeah, once a kid starts getting validated and rewarded for it, she (and it's usually girls) crosses the line from cute to cutesy.  I have a good friend who did this with his daughter who, of course, was the prettiest and smartest and cutest girl in the whole world.  Then we used to have to sit there while she put on shows for us.  Luckily, she's 10 now, and over the cutesy thing.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 12:14am

Yeah, once a kid starts getting validated and rewarded for it, she (and it's usually girls) crosses the line from cute to cutesy.  I have a good friend who did this with his daughter who, of course, was the prettiest and smartest and cutest girl in the whole world.  Then we used to have to sit there while she put on shows for us.  Luckily, she's 10 now, and over the cutesy thing.

This is an important topic!   And, I think, some kinda child abuse.  Seriously.  Not long ago, I witnessed something similar, opened my mouth to my GF, the kid's mom....she din wanna hear it. Cry
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 12:28am
K....now THIS, for me, is the antidote to the all EEEEEeeeeew care.com spot.  Course, as was pointed out smartly, this majorly adorable girl cub who is celebrating being alive purely and ingenuously.....is a toddler.   But, not only could you eat this cub up with a spoon, the actress cast as her mom comes across as really good GF material.

I love this Gerber spot.

(Rats.   Tried to post link, it din work....then, I tried to use [TUBE]tThnKzLZ14 [TUBE] and that din work either.  I am missing sumthing.)Cry

Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:16am
The kids, I can take or leave (except for the "Duhsguhsting!" kid), but the founder lady who ALWAYS laugh-talks in the commercials ruins it. Her and her "At ca-hare.com" bullsh*t.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:25am

K....now THIS, for me, is the antidote to the all EEEEEeeeeew care.com spot.  Course, as was pointed out smartly, this majorly adorable who is celebrating being alive purely and ingenuously.....is a toddler.   But, not only could you eat this cub up with a spoon, the actress cast as her mom comes across as really good GF material.

I love this Gerber spot.

(Rats.   Tried to post link, it din work....then, I tried to use [TUBE]tThnKzLZ14 [TUBE] and that din work either.  I am missing sumthing.)Cry

You need to put a slash in front of the word TUBE at the end code.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

K....now THIS, for me, is the antidote to the all EEEEEeeeeew care.com spot.  Course, as was pointed out smartly, this majorly adorable who is celebrating being alive purely and ingenuously.....is a toddler.   But, not only could you eat this cub up with a spoon, the actress cast as her mom comes across as really good GF material.

I love this Gerber spot.

I did!  Hand to heaven, I first did it with the forward slash in front of the right TUBE.  Soooooooooo embarrassing, I can replace a mobo in under 30 mins and I can not get this done here?
Cry

It's helium girl!    She is messing me up!

K....now trying circuitous way to foil helium girl be-atch who is trying to sabotage me.  I downloaded the vid and will now try to upload it from this system.

Not so much.  Sigh.  I think no option to do that.  

Maybe I will try the original way again.

SO NOT WORKING!

Guys, I am going to just paste the url here.  If someone can imbed the delicious vid using it, pls do.....and pls explain how come you can and I can't if U can figure it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tThnKzLZ14

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Crackicus Crackicus wrote:

The kids, I can take or leave (except for the "Duhsguhsting!" kid), but the founder lady who ALWAYS laugh-talks in the commercials ruins it. Her and her "At ca-hare.com" bullsh*t.

Outstanding.  The founder lady, her sickening, phony chipper, is not at ALL what Pharrell had in mind!!!!!!

Wait!  She, founder lady,  must have had to sign off on helium girl!  See that?  Now it all makes sense.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:45pm

I love this Gerber spot.

Also...
Where's the dash before the t in the code that I see further down the thread?  Looks like you also left a blank space after the 4.

You have to be exact with this stuff.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:47pm

If you quote my post, you'll be able to see what it should look like.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:47pm

I love this Gerber spot.

Also...
Where's the dash before the t in the code that I see further down the thread?  Looks like you also left a blank space after the 4.

You have to be exact with this stuff.

Thank U for yr help!   I did in the last 27 tries include the dash.....K, let me try this one more time, cause this is making me insane. 

Hold on!!!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:48pm

OMG!!!  COLOR ME RETURNED TO SANITY!!!!  I just did same thing as last few times in new window.

YAY!!!   I have defeated helium diva wannabe girl!!!!

THANKS GUYS!!!!

I luv this spot sooooo much; it truly is the anti care.com spot on every level!!!  Someone Fed Ex me that kid!!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:56pm

Voila!  Clap

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:56pm

If you quote my post, you'll be able to see what it should look like.

Fist bump Thor!  Pls scroll down, I finally got it done.  For 6 seconds I thought it might be something in Pale Moon which is my default browser, but that was irrational.

OMG I luv this spot!!!!!!   The care.com clueless sleazoids/lames... could learn everything they need to know just from this very brief spot.

THANK U, THOR!!!!!!!!Clap
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:59pm

Voila!  Clap

SmileHeartThumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic