Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kmart's ghetto trash grandma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kmart's ghetto trash grandma
    Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 6:16pm
I can't find the video for it, but there's a new Kmart commercial floating around with a grandma dressed in gangster clothing with sh*tty rap music in the background, complete with that dumb "throwing money by brushing off the top of a stack of dollars" gesture.

I feel dirty for having had to go to Kmart just yesterday to redeem a work clothes voucher...
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 6:23pm
Pfft, that Kmart Grandma only wishes she was ghetto:

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 6:26pm
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 7:30pm
Enough already Kmart! Dumber and dumber.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 8:25pm
Is it the Shop Like A Boss One? If it is, it sucks but dang, that car! It is pretty cool! Must be a Plymouth Duster or a Dodge Demon!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 8:31pm

I kinda like it.

What's with the Arab music, though?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 8:48pm
I bet that's a stand in double for the ass shake.
Grandmama, she got it goin on!! 
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 5:10am
Kmart has reached another new low. Time for them to get back to the olden days, when there were actually ads for SALES!? With deals listed on screen, without ghetto trash?

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 6:02am
OMG, that commercial was too freakin' long!

She's no ghetto trash granny; she's elite. True ghetto trash shop at Wal-Mart.
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

True ghetto trash shop at Wal-Mart.

Nah, everybody goes to Walmart- you're fine as long as you avoid the first of the month. We have only one K-mart left in the entire state, and it is smack dab in the middle of the ghetto. The other K-Mart's left at least ten years ago. I have no idea how this one is still in existence (unless they were too afraid to come get it?). Ouch
Chillinpat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:45am
Here's the video, just for all of you

On a bar of Dove soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap."
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:47am
Oh by the way, I almost threw up when I saw the old lady give her thong to the cashier, seriously K-MART WTF!!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 1:02pm
The inside of that store looked waaayyy too clean to be the inside of a Kmart.

They must've rented a Target store after business hours for the video shoot.

Kmarts look like garbage dumps inside.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 2:55am
Sure glad someone found this mess before I did! Saw it about 5 AM and had to change my drawers.
That was NO K-MART! TOO CLEAN, TOO MUCH STUFF and NO BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL!
An' GranHo.Dead
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 5:26am
Might not be a blue light special, but looks like Grandma is looking to start a red light special of her own.
veoozo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veoozo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 5:32am
Originally posted by Crackicus Crackicus wrote:

I can't find the video for it, but there's a new Kmart commercial floating around with a grandma dressed in gangster clothing with sh*tty rap music in the background, complete with that dumb "throwing money by brushing off the top of a stack of dollars" gesture.

I feel dirty for having had to go to Kmart just yesterday to redeem a work clothes voucher...

You mean making it rain?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 12:48pm
"All up in here!!"

Don't forget that part.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 2:11pm
Rap music and old douchenoozles like that decrepit old granny have no business whatsoever being paired!!! OWWW! Turn that $#!7 down!

dottie82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dottie82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 4:56pm
Every time I see that commercial I immediately turn the channel. I don't know why all of these commercials have the hip-hop and rap music in their commercials like it will entice the viewer to go to that store. I am black and it pisses me off because I don't understand what the purpose is. I think Kmart always made bad decisions concerning commercials and I guess it's because the stores are on their last leg. Just show me the product and get rid of the foolery and I will be fine. to Kmart!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by dottie82 dottie82 wrote:

Every time I see that commercial I immediately turn the channel. I don't know why all of these commercials have the hip-hop and rap music in their commercials like it will entice the viewer to go to that store. I am black and it pisses me off because I don't understand what the purpose is. I think Kmart always made bad decisions concerning commercials and I guess it's because the stores are on their last leg. Just show me the product and get rid of the foolery and I will be fine. to Kmart!

Welcome to the forum, Dottie!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 6:24pm

Originally posted by dottie82 dottie82 wrote:

I think Kmart always made bad decisions concerning commercials and I guess it's because the stores are on their last leg.

We've been talking here for years about KMart being on its last leg.  That must be one helluva leg because, for some reason, they're still around.  

To me, they look like something out of the Soviet Union.  Just dreary.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 6:45pm
All our local kmarts closed years ago. Closest one that I know about is 45 minutes away. I wish they would stop advertising in my area. I'll never go there anyway. Bad ads and a Walmart a mile away. Kmart can go screw.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 6:46pm
The only one I can think of within a somewhat reasonable driving distance is the one down past Willowbrook Mall, just past Cutten Rd I believe, near the Champions area.  I haven't been that way in so long, however, I don't know if it's even still there.

I just did a store locator check, and none are within 50 miles of me so that answers that question LOL

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Chillinpat Chillinpat wrote:

Oh by the way, I almost threw up when I saw the old lady give her thong to the cashier, seriously K-MART WTF!!!!
That's not a thong.  Thongs don't have anything in the back but a string.  Wink
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 7:06pm
Welcome dottie82!  Smile  Hope you have fun here!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic