Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual Interview Commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 4:47pm

I keep the mute button handy precisely for these commercials, especially the guy that says "Boom!" twice.

Full disclosure - former LibMut employee.
Sponsored Links

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Granite Granite wrote:

I keep the mute button handy precisely for these commercials, especially the guy that says "Boom!" twice.

Full disclosure - former LibMut employee.

I like to say "BOOM" as I switch to another channel. 
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
AlexanderCS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlexanderCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 2:19am
Yes, the 2x BOOM guy. I think everyone dives for the mute. The actors are just playing so "natural" that I want to puke.
Alana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 8:46pm
"Another one that's airing a lot is a woman explaning that she's bad at parallel parking so she has a choice "ride the bus or get Liberty Mutual""

Actually, she says YOU (the viewer, a.k.a., ME) cant parallel park and it's only a matter of time till *I* take somebody's bumper off. Well, no. *I* can parallel park, and it's quite unlikely I'll ever damage another car doing it.

And the guy with the teenage daughter tells me that *I* secretly hope she doesn't pass her driving test. I did not, with either of my daughters.

I hate these commercials more than any other commercials on television. What a sense of entitlement they foster (and/or feed off of.) Don't those mean old other insurance companies know I paid my bill on time? Don't they know I'M ALREADY SHAKEN UP? Omg, the inhumanity of those other insurance companies for not recognizing what special little sensitive snowflakes their customers are!

And they do all this with the Statue of Liberty always in the background. That irritates me, too.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

^ Good post.

So according to this shlub, a pickup truck slammed into him. Shlub's insurance shouldn't even be involved unless he pulled out in front of said pickup. Meaning he was T-boned either on the passenger side or his side.
His side and he would be doing this commercial from a hospital bed and the other guy would be doing an ambulance chasing lawyer commercial.
This guy in a new car pulled out in front of me so I called Bangle Bangle and Buck to get the money I deserve.

This is the one I hate the most...I wish he would say...and BOOM you just explode for no apparent reason!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 8:54pm
The "Drive three quarters of car" lady commercial just aired here a couple minutes ago! Arrrrggghhh!!!!!! Shut up!

Before that in another commercial break "you named your car Brad" ditz aired.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 2:33am
I'm getting the variety pack of these every day now.  But the double boom guy annoys me the most.

Where did he get the stretched out hoodie - from Trivago Guy after the makeover?  Disapprove

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 5:04am
Originally posted by EasyChango EasyChango wrote:

I'm getting the variety pack of these every day now.  But the double boom guy annoys me the most.

Where did he get the stretched out hoodie - from Trivago Guy after the makeover?  Disapprove

LOL  Clap
HappyTexas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyTexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 5:14pm
Agreed!  Your description of the aged frat boy is hilarious! LOL

I also hate the one of the girl who named her car BRAD. Yetch. 

Liberty Mutual, please drop these ads - enough already!
stevet83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stevet83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 5:41pm
I'm someone who works in insurance, and these commercials drive me crazy, not because I work for another company because my field of insurance is not sales related, and I don't really care about competition or anything like that, but because it's all a bunch of misleading crap.  Someone already covered the whole car deprecation thing so I won't repeat that.  The one they are currently showing a lot around here is the young guy in the hoodie who is talking about all the questions an insurance company gives you after an accident making you think the whole thing was your fault, and ends with the line of "you remember you weren't even in the car."  

I get the overall point is to try and say that they make the process easier on you, but if you take the commercial at its face value then they make it seem as if you turn in a claim, they don't bother to ask any questions, and pay you the money.  Obviously in the case of any accident, any insurance company is going to ask questions, not to avoid paying your claim, not to place blame on you, but to figure out exactly what happened.  In the situation they gave on the truck hitting your empty car the questions they are asking you would not only be to figure out what happened(because otherwise how would they even know you weren't in the car if they don't ask anything?) but perhaps even to help recover money from the insurance company of the driver who hit your car, which would A) refund your insurance company which would help your rates not go up, and B) refund your deductible so you aren't out of pocket for any money.  For your insurance company to do this they need all the information from you on the accident in order to make a case against that driver and their insurance company that they were at fault, and that there was no case of them to make that you caused the accident in any type of way.  

I feel anyone with this insurance is going to file a claim following an accident and be taken back when all the questions come out from the adjuster interviewing them about the accident.  Again, I work in insurance and it's not the devil that many people make it out to be, but I hate when any commercial is misleading such as the insurance companies that are now doing the "accident forgiveness" stuff where you save on your deductible for each you you don't have an accident, and eventually your deductible can become zero.  What they fail to mention in these ads is you pay extra for that coverage, and let's say the deductible goes down by $100 each year, well you're probably paying at least $110 or so each year in extra premium to earn that.  All this coverage is besides a way for them to make extra money is basically a savings account for the customer.  If you had the discipline to do so then it would make a lot more sense to simply put $100 a year in the bank to go towards a deductible, and you'd even save $10 and draw a little bit of interest.  These commercials though make it sound as if it's something you're going to get automatically just by switching to their company.  
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 5:46pm
I wanna throw that new car T-boned douchebag into the harbor every time the commercial comes on.  Forget about "Boom," you're going for a splash, jerk off Angry
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by stevet83 stevet83 wrote:

I'm someone who works in insurance, and these commercials drive me crazy, not because I work for another company because my field of insurance is not sales related, and I don't really care about competition or anything like that, but because it's all a bunch of misleading crap.  Someone already covered the whole car deprecation thing so I won't repeat that.  The one they are currently showing a lot around here is the young guy in the hoodie who is talking about all the questions an insurance company gives you after an accident making you think the whole thing was your fault, and ends with the line of "you remember you weren't even in the car."  

I get the overall point is to try and say that they make the process easier on you, but if you take the commercial at its face value then they make it seem as if you turn in a claim, they don't bother to ask any questions, and pay you the money.  Obviously in the case of any accident, any insurance company is going to ask questions, not to avoid paying your claim, not to place blame on you, but to figure out exactly what happened.  In the situation they gave on the truck hitting your empty car the questions they are asking you would not only be to figure out what happened(because otherwise how would they even know you weren't in the car if they don't ask anything?) but perhaps even to help recover money from the insurance company of the driver who hit your car, which would A) refund your insurance company which would help your rates not go up, and B) refund your deductible so you aren't out of pocket for any money.  For your insurance company to do this they need all the information from you on the accident in order to make a case against that driver and their insurance company that they were at fault, and that there was no case of them to make that you caused the accident in any type of way.  

I feel anyone with this insurance is going to file a claim following an accident and be taken back when all the questions come out from the adjuster interviewing them about the accident.  Again, I work in insurance and it's not the devil that many people make it out to be, but I hate when any commercial is misleading such as the insurance companies that are now doing the "accident forgiveness" stuff where you save on your deductible for each you you don't have an accident, and eventually your deductible can become zero.  What they fail to mention in these ads is you pay extra for that coverage, and let's say the deductible goes down by $100 each year, well you're probably paying at least $110 or so each year in extra premium to earn that.  All this coverage is besides a way for them to make extra money is basically a savings account for the customer.  If you had the discipline to do so then it would make a lot more sense to simply put $100 a year in the bank to go towards a deductible, and you'd even save $10 and draw a little bit of interest.  These commercials though make it sound as if it's something you're going to get automatically just by switching to their company.  

Very good information. When I view the "why all the questions" ad I think about something you are sure to be familiar with. Statistics are extremely important to insurance companies. The Not Applicable N/A information is as important to them as things that may have been a factor. Insurance at it's most basic is the company needing reasonable expectations of the premiums received exceeding the claims paid. Statistics help identify higher risks which require higher premiums.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 6:30pm
The irresponsible "Newsflash" lady just aired here! Again!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 6:57pm
State Farm has new ad I've been looking for, this depressed black man is realizing he has lost all of his privacy and fun time now that he is a family man.
And OMG!  They are looking at mini-vans?!?!
Then the voice of State Farm says they can save them $3000 by using State Farms car buying service.  Confused
What are they doing?  Buying mini vans by the fleet so they can offer such a great price? I f**king doubt it.
The insurance business is way to envolved in my life than I like already, find me a car?  I don't think so.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

The irresponsible "Newsflash" lady just aired here! Again!

Yeah, same here. She "gently taps the bumper of a station wagon - no big deal"
Then why is she filing a claim?
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 12:16am
The "Newsflash" lady with no hips is all over the place now.  She's actually doing a tag-team thing with the double boom guy!  Angry

indianaTVman View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indianaTVman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 9:33pm
unfortunately there's no "Liberty" from these awful commercials. I mainly watch old shows on the free retro channels (Me, Antenna, Cozi) and they show them over and over there as well.

2 years ago a pipe burst and flooded the first floor of my 2 story condo (not my fault, the condo association had failed to maintain the pipes). State Farm paid for the repairs but they also dropped me. The local State Farm office claimed the decision came from corporate, no them, and did I want to keep my auto policy with them? No!!! I spent a week on the phone looking for another insurer (a 2009 storm that zapped my furnace also contributed to making me a "bad risk"). Finally Nationwide agreed to insure my home & car at very good rates (a kid just out of school was eager to make a sale! He even treated us to lunch!). I'm glad I didn't have the "priviledge" of being insured by Liberty Mutual, I would hate to finance those awful ads!
Trashing Madison Avenue one annoying commercial at a time
MightyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 1:02am
They insist that they are the better insurance company because they will replace your car at full value.. if you have full replacement coverage. Which you will pay for. Just like anyother insurance company. They are condescending and outright bullsh*t artist. Not to mention lame, and blast you every ten minutes. And how old is the girl doing her happy dance? Everything has to be all cute. Naming your car, happy dance? This country was built with strong women that helped the men build f**king log cabins! They killed chickens, hunt, scrubed laundry by the creek! American is weakened by knowing more about family guy than ww2. I am 40 years old just in case you think I am to old to understand what my generation is about. Smoke some pot in you car named brad and dance a happy dance right of the f in cliff because you are to damn immature to see the truth.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 2:57am
Welcome aboard and wow.
Your rage has familiar feel to it.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 10:33pm
I was free of Liberty Mutual ads until Mr. "Wham a minivan t-bones ya" came on Cloo. Dagnabbit can't I get a reprieve from this crap?
Number One Navy Seal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number One Navy Seal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 11:16pm
Mighty B, she appears to be in her 20's(, a grown woman, dancing like an idiot..... Good call on the knowing more about Family Guy than World War 2.....
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 11:29pm
I've seen the Brad ditz commercial about 20 times in the last week.

You named it... Brad
You loved... Brad
Nothing can replace... Brad

Oh wait... HAPPY DANCE!!
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 12:41am
"American is weakened by knowing more about family guy than ww2. "

Family Guy is more relevant.... it's 2015, not 1945
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
The Buzz View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Buzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 10:38am
I had my car for 12 years. I called it "TURD"

I hated Turd. And then I F'k'd it up good.

We had been through hell together. 3 wives. A few incarcerations. And a month that for the life of me I can't remember.

Then Liberty Mutual called... and said.....    "Thanks for your cash pal. Your canceled."

THE END     
The Buzz View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Buzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 11:07am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic