Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual Interview Commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

That was the first car I ever owned (not the actual one - mine had less rust).

Rumor has it, Flo lost her virginity in the back seat of one of these...

On one of those spread sheets I presume. Betcha that Ford has a good torque ratio. 
Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 8:35pm
Saw a new (to me) LM POS this morning.

This one is concerning another "upsell" to the policy. "Deductible Fund" which lowers the collision deductible $100 each year of accident free driving. I'm reasonably certain this option is available from other insurance companies. In my experience a "fund" requires the deposit of funds. I hate that these ads imply these options are exclusive to Liberty Mutual plus "forget" to inform the viewers that they are additional premium options. I really hate that they insult me by assuming I have no knowledge of how insurance works. I realize most of the potential customers these ads are trying to reach are clueless. I am aware of the mouseprint at the bottom of the screen and can't read enough of it in a single viewing to be properly informed. These ads still p*ss me off.

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 1:01am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Saw a new (to me) LM POS this morning.

This one is concerning another "upsell" to the policy. "Deductible Fund" which lowers the collision deductible $100 each year of accident free driving. I'm reasonably certain this option is available from other insurance companies. In my experience a "fund" requires the deposit of funds. I hate that these ads imply these options are exclusive to Liberty Mutual plus "forget" to inform the viewers that they are additional premium options. I really hate that they insult me by assuming I have no knowledge of how insurance works. I realize most of the potential customers these ads are trying to reach are clueless. I am aware of the mouseprint at the bottom of the screen and can't read enough of it in a single viewing to be properly informed. These ads still p*ss me off.

We're you watching CNN? I saw this particular ad at least 4 times early this morning before work on that news channel, 2 more times when I got home. (They are the worse offenders for this commercial) The overdramatic play by play in these ads drive me nuts. "Then you hydroplane into a ditch...sh, yeah!" (Probably driving 60mph on a dark road in the rain. Reckless moron) Anyway I heard the babbling about the deductible also. I didn't think much of it...what's the catch? Sounds great on paper - or TV and too good to be true. It's a trap!

otislawrence24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otislawrence24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

What occurred to me is, Liberty Mutual is for drivers that cannot drive and/or plan on getting their vehicle totaled. 

Your thought process is 180 degrees from the truth.

Liberty Mutual is mostly for drivers with perfect driving and credit histories. More times than not if you don't fit the profile you'll get quoted a ridiculous rate offer you'd never accept.

That's what makes the commercials so irritating to the folks in sales at Liberty Mutual. While the PR folks at LM believe with all their hearts they have created a campaign that is smart and insightful the reality is it's a big swing-and-miss. Many of the commercial scenarios are riddled with inaccuracies and misleading as to how they would play out.

Remember the commercial from the "Humans" campaign where the guy was washing his car and the neighbor was sawing a tree limb that fell on the car? That's a home insurance claim for the neighbor ... not an auto claim for the guy with the smashed-in vehicle.

FULL DISCLOSURE - Former LM agent here. Worked for the company almost a decade. I got an earful at least once a week about our inane commercials and the frequency at which they were aired. 

One final thing - speaking of inaccuracies there are many false conclusions and thoughts in this thread.  Knock yourselves out bashing the commercials but try to be educated about how insurance works and don't speculate. Happy to answer any questions pertaining to insurance ... cheers! Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otislawrence24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 6:00am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Anyway I heard the babbling about the deductible also. I didn't think much of it...what's the catch? Sounds great on paper - or TV and too good to be true. It's a trap!

The catch is this - Liberty Mutual, and any other company that offers programs that lower deductibles over time (think Nationwide and its vanishing deductible), know that clients are loathe to give up benefits they have earned to switch companies. Those who pay the extra $40-$50 a year for the deductible fund endorsement for four years and lowered their deductible from $500 to $100 are likely to pay less attention to their rates and more attention to the earned lower deductible. It encourages retention.

Whenever a potential client mentioned the deductible fund I'd simply work up a proposal with a zero comprehensive deductible that usually only cost them an additional $30 per year. No need to wait four years to see a real benefit.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 10:08am
Condescension, a proven friend-maker since 1991.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
BlackwaterRat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwaterRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 11:31am
I absolutely love that when I finally just got so angry at these commercials that I couldn't take it anymore, I googled "Do those Liberty Mutual commercials piss anyone else off like me?" this was the second link to come up.  I had no idea there were actually forums where people could talk about how much some commercials piss them off!

I yell at the stupid idiots in these LM ads every time one comes on--which is, of course, way too often--"Maybe you shouldn't have driven your damn car into a tree a$$hole!"  "You mean your car wasn't worth as much after you drove it off the lot as it was when it was brand new?!  That's because no one pays as much for a used car dumba$$!"  I sit there asking myself, are we really a nation of such over-entitled, self-absorbed, ignorant whiners, or do ad execs just think we are?  God, I hope it's the latter!
Granite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 1:24pm

Originally posted by otislawrence24 otislawrence24 wrote:

Liberty Mutual is mostly for drivers with perfect driving and credit histories. 

Also those getting a LM paycheck.

-  Former LM IT employee.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by BlackwaterRat BlackwaterRat wrote:

I absolutely love that when I finally just got so angry at these commercials that I couldn't take it anymore, I googled "Do those Liberty Mutual commercials piss anyone else off like me?" this was the second link to come up.  I had no idea there were actually forums where people could talk about how much some commercials piss them off!
Yes, and the first hit on Google was probably Liberty Mutual's employee login page!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otislawrence24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

You talking to me?Smile
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 3:44am

LOLLOLLOL
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 10:38am
Originally posted by otislawrence24 otislawrence24 wrote:

You talking to me?Smile

Not really, more like the textual equivalent of thinking out loud.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic