Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Fun Fish Tank (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Fun Fish Tank (video)
    Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

It made sense in the past, when most kids, y'know, had a basic concept of caring for animals and more often then not had family with land enough to raise 'em.

Also, to be fair on the fish side of things, I'd say it's only within the past 30-40 years that caring for them has really developed as a science to the point where it's more common for a fish to die of old age than from soaking in its own toxic waste stew.

But yes, it's a stupid and annoying tradition. I maybe wouldn't mind it if they did it with fish that can handle smaller dwellings, but goldfish? that's just cruelty.

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Parents often think of goldfish and other tiny animals as disposable, so they end up taking no responsibility for them after the kids lose interest.  I say, like humans, this one little life is all they get; if we're going to accept responsibility for it, we'd better make sure they get a good one.

Well said. Couldn't put it any better.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 5:06am

Parents often think of goldfish and other tiny animals as disposable, so they end up taking no responsibility for them after the kids lose interest.  I say, like humans, this one little life is all they get; if we're going to accept responsibility for it, we'd better make sure they get a good one.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 4:48am
It made sense in the past, when most kids, y'know, had a basic concept of caring for animals and more often then not had family with land enough to raise 'em.

Also, to be fair on the fish side of things, I'd say it's only within the past 30-40 years that caring for them has really developed as a science to the point where it's more common for a fish to die of old age than from soaking in its own toxic waste stew.

But yes, it's a stupid and annoying tradition. I maybe wouldn't mind it if they did it with fish that can handle smaller dwellings, but goldfish? that's just cruelty.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 4:35am

Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I never understood the logic about giving living creatures as prizes. Fish, ducklings, baby rabbits.

Hell, I wouldn't even give a live plant to someone unless I knew they were into them, and wanted another one.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 4:26am
I never understood the logic about giving living creatures as prizes. Fish, ducklings, baby rabbits.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 1:24am
Not to get "off-topic" and go back to the fish thing, but...we just had a fair in my town, which means en masse animal cruelty is occurring. Hundreds of people winning pet goldfish, keeping them in too-small containers without knowing how to care for them (20 gallon minimum, plenty of cleaners/filterers to lower the toxicity of the water due to waste products from a goldfish's faeces and gills).

I've been re-iterating the same advice to about fifty people to-day.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 1:12am
^that solution is too expensive - this is more affordable.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 1:06am

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

On the other hand, you could probably get quite a few babies into one. Sweet, precious, tender young babies who simply wouldn't stop crying when you told them to.

And if you use one of these...

...there's no telling how many you could fit in there.

Not true.  That number would be about 55, if you get them young enough, put the pieces into a blender, and set at frappe.

Think about it.  One 3-month old can probably be frappe'd down to about a gallon's worth of product.

"The happy liquid kid farm." Guaranteed to contain at least 25 whole babies. * May contain incomplete parts and pieces. For external use only.

Maybe playing the "Spongebob Squarepants" theme song in the background.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 10:37pm

On the other hand, you could probably get quite a few babies into one. Sweet, precious, tender young babies who simply wouldn't stop crying when you told them to.

Not true.  That number would be about 55, if you get them young enough, put the pieces into a blender, and set at frappe.

Think about it.  One 3-month old can probably be frappe'd down to about a gallon's worth of product.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 10:12pm
^LOL
It is a sorry world, hang in there Leebo.
We are with you. Hug
LeeboKC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeboKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 10:03pm

I’ve had one of the most sad and depressing weeks in many moons this week..

Several more job rejections with my resources having dwindled to nearly nil, the passing of a true movie legend in Lauren Bacall, a beloved performer committing suicide by hanging (just as my best friend did years ago), riots and violence in the dirty city on the other side of my state (St. Louis), Americans back fighting extremist religious butchers in Iraq, ..

But there’s a bright spot: Jimbo and Thor wholeheartedly in agreement.

Of course, it’s a bad news-good news kind of thing…

The bad news:  they are agreeing on how best to dispose of numerous “sweet, precious, tender young babies who simply wouldn't stop crying when you told them to” into 55-gallon drums.

The good news: they are in wholehearted and creative agreement on the process.

First thing that’s made me smile all week. Thanks guys.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 9:04pm

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 8:41pm

^  You'd probably have to break it down into parts.  I know that when I put tree branches into my 96-gallon yard waste container, they fit much better when I break them up.  Another possible solution is to stuff the body in there, and then jump up and down on it, so that it all squashes down nicely.  Just be careful not to crack the glass walls of the aquarium.  Then, you end up having seepage.

I think you have to fold the body into the fetal position & it'll fit nicely into a 55 gallon drum.

Of course, it depends on the person's weight.

Not gonna work with a fatty.

On the other hand, you could probably get quite a few babies into one.  Sweet, precious, tender young babies who simply wouldn't stop crying when you told them to.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 8:06pm
This reminds me of how gullible the public is, and how many stupid ads there are.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 8:06pm

^  You'd probably have to break it down into parts.  I know that when I put tree branches into my 96-gallon yard waste container, they fit much better when I break them up.  Another possible solution is to stuff the body in there, and then jump up and down on it, so that it all squashes down nicely.  Just be careful not to crack the glass walls of the aquarium.  Then, you end up having seepage.

I think you have to fold the body into the fetal position & it'll fit nicely into a 55 gallon drum.

Of course, it depends on the person's weight.

Not gonna work with a fatty.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 7:41pm

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

55 gallon is actually useful. :P

Just big enough to hide a body.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 7:08pm
Damn! That voiceover makes me want to punch something! That is not a very roomy tank, poor fish!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 6:34pm
We can put that so called "fish tank" in the 2 boxes entitled "GLASS". LOL
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Fish Tanks? Wolf Cages? 55-Gallon Aquariums? How about "My Fun Storage Unit"

http://www.joyblooms.com/Lubbock/storage-unit.jpg

Bye Bye "Fish Tank"! 

-crainbebo
LOLLOLLOLWhy, thank you for the great idea there, Hannibal Lecter!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 5:20am
Peanut butter, fish, storage units...... I'm hungry.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 5:01am
55 gallon is actually useful. :P
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 4:50am
Fish Tanks? Wolf Cages? 55-Gallon Aquariums? How about "My Fun Storage Unit"? 

http://www.joyblooms.com/Lubbock/storage-unit.jpg

Bye Bye "Fish Tank"! 

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 3:27am
Damn! That snack sounds gooooooooooooooood!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 3:25am

Nothing wrong with Dollar Tree - I'm damed glad we have one (we have very few stores on the island)...anyway, now that Dollar Tree owns Family Dollar (DT bought them last week), you may start seeing common products in both places...inccluding PB-stuffed pretzels ~aaand~ 'My Fun Fish Tanks'.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic