Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Excedrin: woman with vocal fry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excedrin: woman with vocal fry
    Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 5:57pm
Aha! I finally noticed the name that flashed onscreen while she is talking. Her name is Jordin Sparks! The name sounds familiar.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 4:29am
Good educational vid but day-um, I wish she would quit smacking her lips and pawing through her hair. It's very weird, considering that she's trying to draw attention to an annoying habit some young women have inexplicably latched onto. Her own habits are a little annoying, too. But nothing beats vocal fry for annoying. He hear guys do it, too. They sound like toads -- and it's so monotonous. Gah!

Granite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 5:27am
I think a certain amount of the vocal fry shows up in normal speech.  I hear it a little bit here, but I think it falls within normal limits.  It's when it's constantly used affectedly that it gets really obnoxious.  Vocal fry is the new Valley Girl.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 3:48am

Sorry, just not hearing it with either Moss or the voiceover at the end.  Neither of them are ending their sentences with any creaky sort of sound.

purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 3:11am
Thor, I'm not sure how you're not hearing it!  Moss' voice might not be as brash as the one you posted but it's definitely fried.  The guy at the end is also fryin'.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 3:28am

Naah.  Here's vocal fry.  In the video below, the girls starts out speaking much like Moss in the Excedrin commercial, and then goes into the vocal fry.  I don't hear Moss doing that.

BiffSpiff View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BiffSpiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 3:22am
I beg to differ with you Thor.  Listen when she says "rrrreal" and "half an hourrrrr".  Them vocals is fried.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Is this it?  (It certainly meets the criteria you listed)

I don't think therer's any vocal fry in there.  In fact, to me it sounds the opposite.  She's very soft-spoken.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Yeah, I get tired of finding videos all the time.

Unless I think the person's put out some sort of effort in finding/posting the video, I just don't bother anymore.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 5:03pm
Is this it?  (It certainly meets the criteria you listed)

Good marketing strategy for a headache relief medicine, since listening to the bitch's voice is irritating enough to give you a friggin' migraine.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 4:59pm
Yeah, I get tired of finding videos all the time.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 4:51pm

Video?  It'd be kinda tough for the rest of us to go through all the Excedrin commercials and find one in which we think the woman is using vocal fry.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 4:47pm
This commercial features a woman talking about Excedrin. She speaks with a vocal fry tone. I know many peoe here hate that. That's why I posted it here!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic