Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TV shows that you actually like.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV shows that you actually like.
    Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 12:02pm
Not sure where to put this.. Move if necessary. But what shows does everybody actually like?
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 12:34pm
in the case of "still running" shows:

Doctor Who
Friday Night Dinner
Plebs
Inside No. 9
Sherlock
Mr. Selfridge
Les Revenants
Trollied
etc.

Quite a bit I like, but...ehn, not into listing.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Doctor Who
Friday Night Dinner
Plebs
Inside No. 9
Sherlock
Mr. Selfridge
Les Revenants
Trollied
etc.

The only one of those that I get is "Sherlock" Which is phenomenal! What are the others besides "Dr. Who"? Curious. Always looking for new stuff to" borrow" from the internet. Only 12 channels here. 2 ABC, 4 PBS, 6 ION (although 4 of the ION channels are sellyoucrap channels. Comcrap is to expensive right now. And they are the only provider. Monopoly what?
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 9:23pm
Still in production:
Sons of Anarchy(for 1 more season anyway)
Justified(same as above)
American Horror Story
Modern Family
Criminal Minds
Law & Order SVU(though really I prefer the older seasons, before Chris Meloni's departure)
Hillbilly Blood(my one "reality" show, and only because these guys are ridiculously creative, NOT your standard "hillbillies")

Shows I kinda like, but not as much as the above(some still in production, some not):
Parks & Recreation
The Strain
My Cat From Hell
Cold Case
Cheers
Seinfeld

No longer in production:
The Shield
Breaking Bad
Fargo(they're doing a new season, but with a completely different cast, which means no totally awesome Billy Bob Thornton, I'll check it out though)
Leverage
Frasier
Community(okay there will be a 6th season, but it will be on some Yahoo streaming service)
Dexter
Law & Order
Law & Order:CI(only the ones with D'Onofrio though, not a fan of Chris Noth)
Homicide:Life on the Streets
Justice League/Justice League Unlimited
Fawlty Towers
Are You Being Served
Marshall Dillon/Gunsmoke(I prefer the half hour black and white ones)
Have Gun Will Travel
House
Copper

"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Doctor Who
Friday Night Dinner
Plebs
Inside No. 9
Sherlock
Mr. Selfridge
Les Revenants
Trollied
etc.

The only one of those that I get is "Sherlock" Which is phenomenal! What are the others besides "Dr. Who"? Curious. Always looking for new stuff to" borrow" from the internet. Only 12 channels here. 2 ABC, 4 PBS, 6 ION (although 4 of the ION channels are sellyoucrap channels. Comcrap is to expensive right now. And they are the only provider. Monopoly what?
Friday Night Dinner just finished series 3. It's basically following a Jewish family as they get together every Friday for dinner. The parents are bizarre and the kids do what typically happens when kids visit mom and dad...they revert to their childish selves.

Plebs stars an actor from the above, Tom Rosenthal, and is basically a hilariously anachronistic comedy set in the height of the Roman Empire, following the lives of two flatmates and their slave.

Inside No. 9 is a suspense show with a short story occurring in each episode Episode 2 alone deserves to be mandatory viewing for everyone in the world. It's written by and stars Shearsmith and Pemberton of "LEague of Gentlemen" fame.

Mr. Selfridge is a costume drama following the largely fictitious life of the man who started the famous Selfridge's department store, and what he struggled through getting the store open and keeping it running as war knocked at the door.

Les Revenants is a character study and very light take on "zombie" stories, where people who died come back into the town, and their familes have to deal with seeing them back, unchanged, when they've moved on with their lives in various ways.

Trollied is a very interesting, well-written comedy taking place in a supermarket.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 12:03am
Currently, The Good Wife, is the only broadcast network show I like; they have ruined so many or they are old and lost all their original charm and should be pulled, like I loved CSI pre-Laurence Fishburne, I will not watch any others. The Good Wife just finished Season 5 and is still kicking butt.

Most others are either series in repeats or PBS.

I love all Masterpiece Mysteries except Poirot--don't know why but just can't get into him. Also, like Martin, but I think Vicious is horrendous and too much of charactures and does a terrible disservice to it's legendary actors.

I watch a lot of Law & Order C.I. and Law and Order. I like Justified, The Killing, which are both history after 1 more season.

The only reality shows I watch are pretty good competitions without the drama and fake fighting, etc. of some of the other. All Top Chef series, Project Runway (though quality contestants are getting very hard for them to find), the Little Couple.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 12:11am
In production:
Parks & Recreation
Adventure Time
Game of Thrones
Quick Pitch/MLB Network
Modern Family
Glee
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
The Simpsons
Spongebob Squarepants (well, at least I think it's still going, haven't really seen any of the "new" episodes")

No longer in production:
The Office
Breaking Bad (halfway thru the 4th season so far, hate myself for not having watched this from the start)
House
Ed Edd n Eddy
Scrubs

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 4:17am
All the Law & Orders (except, strangely enough, the L&O: UK).  Can't wait for the new L&O: SVU season to begin.  I especially love Mariska Hargitay, Ice-T, Kelli Giddish, Tamara Tunie (she plays the medical examiner).  So sad to see Richard Belzer go, as Munch is greatly missed, and Dann Florek's Capt. Cragen too.  Loved Donal Logue last season and wish he could have stayed!

Game of Thrones

Orange Is The New Black

Fawlty Towers:  The. Best. Britcom. Ever.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 3:34pm
A few of these are recently cancelled, some still ongoing:

Dexter
The Sopranos
Boardwalk Empire
The Shield
Whose Line?
The Blacklist

Chicago PD is one I checked out recently, and I think I might get into it when the second season begins next month. I never watched any Chicago Fire episodes.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 3:44pm
Buying (Alaska, The Bayou, The Beach)

Whose Line Is It Anyway

Lidia's Italy

Cook's Country

And then the old standards:

The Golden Girls

Roseanne (the early seasons with the original Becky)
The artist formerly known as Madawee

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I especially love Mariska Hargitay, Ice-T, Kelli Giddish, Tamara Tunie (she plays the medical examiner). 

Heh, for me, the ONLY things SVU has ever done that is WORSE than the addition of Kelli Giddish is the loss of Chris Meloni and Richard Belzer. Cannot stand her at all, totally bland actress playing a completely bland character. In recent seasons, just about all the moments I like come from Ice-T.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 6:59pm
I love Dog With A Blog, I Didn't Do It, Girl Meets World, and Liv and Maddie. Such good shows!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 11:35pm
I like the news, thank god Diane is not working tonight.
I like Lots of the stuff Comedy Central plays.
The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are a must see.
Peoples court, Judge Judy.
Tons more shows I watch as part of my routine.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 11:43pm
Oh yes, I love my Stewart and Colbert though I hate it when they take 2 or 3 weeks off at a time--have to find something else to get into and messes with my schedule.

And I know a lot of people hate The Closer but I really enjoy it. It is only on 2 channels and is being "rationed" out which is probably good.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 1:40am
Criminal Minds
Justified
The Closer (and the successor)
Down South Dickering
Law & Order (all of them)
Hell on Wheels
Wilfred
...and maybe a few more NOT including Smallville or that witch crap in the A.M....

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 8:18am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Criminal Minds
Justified
The Closer (and the successor)
Down South Dickering
Law & Order (all of them)
Hell on Wheels
Wilfred
...and maybe a few more NOT including Smallville or that witch crap in the A.M....

Just had a family funeral this past weekend for one of my first cousins.  Cry  Apparently one of my second cousins is dating an actress in 24 named Yvonne Strahovski, but she didn't accompany him because she had another social obligation to fulfill (and since she's not part of our family, wasn't really obligated to be there).  I haven't seen the show though.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 8:22am
^sounds like code for "she's boning someone else" but what do I know? :P
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 8:29am
^ To tell you the truth, I don't know either.  He did say she's his girlfriend though.  Confused  Unless someone in show business is dating another show biz person, they don't really make a splash in the gossip columns.  But there is proof on the Internet that she's been seen with him, and her fans (whoever they may be) don't approve.  Confused
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 8:43am
Best way to find out: make it the family joke that while she's "dating" him, she's choking on someone else's knob. THe more offended he gets, the less a couple they are.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
LeeboKC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeboKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

^ To tell you the truth, I don't know either.  He did say she's his girlfriend though.  Confused  Unless someone in show business is dating another show biz person, they don't really make a splash in the gossip columns.  But there is proof on the Internet that she's been seen with him, and her fans (whoever they may be) don't approve.  Confused

Yvonne Strahovski is hot!! I thought I remembered her from the short-lived but clever Chuck. Hope your second cousin is still with her. Smile
LeeboKC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeboKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 10:55am
TV show faves:

Law and Order SUV (favorite cast: Mariska Hargitay, Christopher Meloni, Dann Florek, Richard Belzer, Ice-T, Stephanie March/Diane Neal, BD Wong, Tamara Tunie)

Law and Order: Criminal Intent (fave cast: Vincent D’Onofrio, Kathryn Erbe)

Law and Order

CSI (Favorite cast: William L. Petersen)

Person of Interest

Elementary

The Mentalist

Criminal Minds

Bones

House

CBS Sunday Morning

The Chris Matthews Show

ESPN Pardon the Interruption

Jeopardy

KC Royals Baseball/ ESPN Baseball Tonight

The Daily Show (including original w/Craig Kilborn)

The Colbert Report

Late Night With David Letterman

DVD: Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Shield, Dexter, Monk, Homicide: Life on the Street, NYPD Blue, Cold Case, New Battlestar Galactica, Six Feet Under, Reno 911, Hill Street Blues

Gone but not forgotten (many taped): Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Arrested Development, Second City Television (SCTV), Mystery Science Theater 3000, Monty Python's Flying Circus, At the Movies (Roger Ebert w/Gene Siskel, Richard Roeper), The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson, The Garry Shandling Show, Original Star Trek, Batman (Adam West), The Monkees, All in the Family, Barney Miller, Bakersfield P.D.

Music shows: American Bandstand, Total Live Request, Soul Train, Caliente

Guilty pleasures (pref. small doses): Fashion Police, COPS, America’s Got Talent, America’s Next Top Model, Original American Idol, Survivor, Last Comic Standing, Best Week Ever, Nuestra Belleza Latina

bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 7:21pm
My Cat From Hell 
CBS Sunday Morning
TPIR
Barney Miller
Perry Mason

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 9:56pm
Criminal Minds
The Blacklist
Longmire
Justified
Poirot
Mysteries At The Museum
Monumental Mysteries
Cities Of The Underworld
Wilfred
...and, sometimes...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 6:59am
Too Cute: Kittens

My Cat from Hell

Puppy Bowl, witth the Kitty Halftime Show

Criminal Minds

Star Trek (all of them)

Battlestar Galactica (not the original)

Longmire

Beavis and Butthead

X-Files

Monty Python

Hill Street Blues

Babylon 5

Millennium (offshoot of X-Files)

MASH

Simpsons (early years)

Saturdy Night Live (early years)

South Park (early years)

Adam 12

Dragnet

Sherlock (BBC Benedict Cumberbatch)

Tonight Show

Addams Family

Bugs Bunny and all his pals (started for me as Saturday morning TV cartoons)

Jacques Cousteau

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 1:52pm
New show on Cinemax I'm ADDICTED to: The Knick
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic