Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apple iphone 5 "I'm living the life of dreams"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixPickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 4:03pm
Because this commercial is designed to annoy and it plays non-stop. And the b*llsh|T lifestyle presented is not real life. It is an advertiser's wet dream sold to Apple execs "look at all the pretty people using your product!" And the comments here demonstrate people *hate* being played! And the singer is really, really not talented. Probably the wet-dream advertiser's in-law.
Sponsored Links

dskyyksd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskyyksd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

More like a drunk dying cat on Valium. She sounds very... unenthusiastic about life and existence. Ouch

Depressed is the new happy.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Ripley19 Ripley19 wrote:

Why is everyone so butthurt about these songs in the Apple commercials. I'm not a hippie or a hipster and I think the songs are ok. Maybe you just hate everything Apple... Just seems like a lot of whining over something that is not a big deal.
I havn't seen the term 'butthurt' since Treesmasher was trolling.
LeeboKC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeboKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Why is everyone so butthurt about these songs in the Apple commercials. I'm not a hippie or a hipster and I think the songs are ok. Maybe you just hate everything Apple... Just seems like a lot of whining over something that is not a big deal.
I havn't seen the term 'butthurt' since Treesmasher was trolling.

You know I wondered if someone else would notice that.

When I first joined earlier this year, I noticed that silly term- it was the first time I had ever heard it in many decades of reading and observing.

Then I saw it again here just yesterday- and it was from a newbie. Now, if I for some reason didn't like the people, or for some reason resented how I was treated on these forums, I might be inclined to change my user name and re-enter under a new, different title.
But I sure wouldn't use a word that stood out so much- so is it coincidence?
Especially since the post is somewhat adversarial.
Again: coincidence? I'd like to see what other veterans such as Thor, Jimbo, PaWolf, PapaLazarou and others think. So aka ron, I'm glad you noticed this.
Just an observation.

Oh and I still think "Living the Life of Dreams" is easily the worst commercial song of 2014- just as "This Magic Moment" was the worst commercial song of 2013 (IMHO).
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 5:00pm
Treesmasher actually started a thread....Butthurt Old Men

LordPeterLowenbrau View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordPeterLowenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 5:15pm
The worst part of this commercial is the fact that it implies these people they feature are better parents because they use their phones for almost every facet of their daily parenting lives. THAT is the primary reason I hate it. It's almost as if Apple is saying "let us do the dirty work", rather than people doing the work for themseleves. How difficult is it to teach your kids to brush their teeth without using your phone?

You factor that in, plus arguably the most painful sounding song ever used in a commercial, then BAM! Terrible commercial. I actually miss the Chicken Fat...

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 6:01pm
I hate this ad.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the music but I - and everyone I know who has endured this smug, self-satisfied ad with me - finds the music to be the &*!t icing on the crap cake that is the commercial.  I have and use Apple products but find their advertising repulsive.  Nobody needs an iPhone to do any of the tasks in the ad, and the fact that a gadget (and an expensive little gadget, at that) is being hawked as the trendy substitute for basic human interaction is, to this old cat, at least, chilling, manipulative and cynical in the extreme.  That enervated, lazy,  and sloppy "song"  just adds to the misery.  Sure, you can turn it off and mute the ad, but they must be convincing enough people out there that this "life of dreams"  is so wonderful that they keep playing it over and over. Thumbs Down  
CapeCat
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by LeeboKC LeeboKC wrote:

When I first joined earlier this year, I noticed that silly term- it was the first time I had ever heard it in many decades of reading and observing.

I've seen and heard the term used literally hundreds of times, it really, truly, is not an uncommon terms.

I've seen/heard it in online gaming and gaming forums, music forums, movie forums, Youtube and Yahoo comments sections, Facebook posts...in much of the internet, the term "butthurt" stands out about as much as the word "sucks" or "awesome".
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
LeeboKC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeboKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 6:24pm
^Well then, hush my mouth. I feel truly deprived for not having noticed such a common part of the online lexicon. Smile
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by LeeboKC LeeboKC wrote:

^Well then, hush my mouth. I feel truly deprived for not having noticed such a common part of the online lexicon. Smile

It just depends on where you go, really. You don't see many people calling each other "fag" here, but there are plenty of other forums out there where you can see that too.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 7:49pm
Well, calling someone a fag, no matter what one might think, is derogatory and offensive.
Maybe just joking around to some people.
I'm narrow minded and selfish but I don't mind if same sex people decide to have a relationship.
It's a political issue, someday I'm going to need the insurance I acquired when I married my wife.
Ripley19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ripley19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 8:37pm
Again people whining and complaining about a song in a commercial get a grip. Not one word of your continuous complaints about this commercial is going to change the world.   
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 8:52pm

Again people whining and complaining about a song in a commercial get a grip. Not one word of your continuous complaints about this commercial is going to change the world.   
Oh!   But your wrong grass snapper, we get personal satisfaction voicing our opinions.
And mine right now is you are a fking idiot, climb on this big one and mow down. Trolldog.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 9:08pm
We're not trying to change the world. We're just complaining about commercials. Are we not allowed to complain? Or do we have to fear your holier than thou attitude?

@#$& it @#$% you!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Ripley19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ripley19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 9:27pm
What good does it do boo hoo hoo. I don't like this commercial cry cry want some cheese with your wine.   I'm expressing an opinion too. That's the great thing about opinions they can have more than one side.   So why don't you get off my lawn punk
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Well, calling someone a fag, no matter what one might think, is derogatory and offensive.

I disagree, and wish that kind of mindset could be eradicated. It's always the intent of a word that matters, never the word itself. If someone is using fag as a casual insult, especially these days and on the internet, I've rarely seen a harmful homophobic intent behind it (And when the intent IS there, people usually can tell and even those who've used it other ways will jump on the person). not to mention of fags themselves are using fag in a casual way, then everyone should be allowed that privilege.

But then again, I'm just one of those people who really hates the idea of any part of the lexicon being locked away in a steel vault because it's seen as offensive by a few people with no common sense.

What good does it do boo hoo hoo. I don't like this commercial cry cry want some cheese with your wine.   I'm expressing an opinion too. That's the great thing about opinions they can have more than one side.   So why don't you get off my lawn punk

On that note, SHUT UP you candy-assed fag-shagger.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by DeathToHipsters DeathToHipsters wrote:

Julie Doiron is the singer's name, and she is just as ugly as her voice.

I was expecting someone good looking, with the rationale being she got a record deal for being good at squeezing penis' with her vagina.

Gee! She can finger a C chord! Her "song" sounds like she even knows one more!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ripley19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ripley19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 9:49pm
Oh I'm so hurt by all this negativity woe is me what am I going to do? I know I'm going to move past it like a grown up and live my life. Forbid that anyone shake the boat and share an opinion that doesn't match yours.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 9:55pm

Oh I'm so hurt by all this negativity woe is me what am I going to do? I know I'm going to move past it like a grown up and live my life. Forbid that anyone shake the boat and share an opinion that doesn't match yours.
We are all inspired by your wisdom.
Don't be a stranger, feel free to come in here and shake things up, just for your own satisf**ktion.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 9:56pm
We don't care about alternate opinions....but we do care when someone comes here and ridicules us for complaining about bad commercials, because...uh...HELLO! THAT'S THE WHOLE FUKKING POINT OF THIS WEBSITE! "Commercials I Hate" We're here to talk about bad commercials and Why we think they're bad.

And of course, I know you're just a fly-by-night troll, but if you'd been here longer than an hour, you'd see that there's plenty of times when someone posts about a commercial in the "Like" section as well as a post in the "hate" section, and for the most part we can carry on nice conversations in either category.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 10:02pm
Hey fellow members of the BUTTHURT OLD MEN and WOMEN CLUB. Leave poor Ripley19 alone. Some people join forums to identify and comment on subjects they have a common interest in. They agree. They disagree, and sometimes have no interest in a discussion. Some people join forums to insult, criticize, and anger existing members. Don't let Ripley19 know that the real reason I want them left alone is so they will become bored and find another forum to harass.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 10:14pm
I'm ignoring him.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 10:15pm
same. It got boring quickly. I prefer trolls like Donnakenalexdra.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

same. It got boring quickly. I prefer trolls like Donnakenalexdra.

I just wish Donnakenalexdra would get it over with and become Sybil. It would be so much easier to type.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 10:49pm
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic