Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

STFU State Farm!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STFU State Farm!
    Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 9:46pm
Goddamit I'm so sick of State Farm's moronic commercials. Every single one of them SUCK! I especially hate the "like a good neighbor State Farm is there" ads. They're an assault to the eyes and the ears! Stop it! NOW!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Event Horizon View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Event Horizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 10:24pm
I especially hate the one where those two effeminate Asian guys are out west, watching buffalo, screaming like a bunch of wusses.  I mean, for crying out loud, just drive off, it's not like the buffalo caused any engine or drive train damage to their car.  If my vehicle was attacked by a buffalo, I wouldn't be thinking about insurance, I'd be thinking to drive off and assess the damage a few miles down the road. 
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 10:37pm
^The editing is weird there. The buffalo runs up and smashes the side window, but in the next cut it's in front of the car (and it looks like some are behind it)

Dunno if I'd call them effeminate...just pansy eunuchs.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Dunno if I'd call them effeminate...just pansy eunuchs.

So you won't come right out and call them phagsLOL

I Googled to find this ad because thankfully I haven't been assaulted with it on my TV.  Um, what idiots go driving around eating in a car where the buffalo roam?  And that was supposed to be singing?!  Worst voice ever, stupid commercial, as if teleporting into the office is really a service provided by State Farm.  Dead to State Farm Ins. commercials!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 11:44pm
Nah, Pansy Eunuchs are still more manly that phags.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 12:26am
When they teleported to the office they should have fallen on their asses because they were in a seated position. It might have made for at least a slightly funny commercial.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

When they teleported to the office they should have fallen on their asses because they were in a seated position. It might have made for at least a slightly funny commercial.

Now THAT would have been funny!
dskyyksd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskyyksd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 2:36am
In the "Can I get a hot tub?" ad, the girl from 4E should have been taking a dump just as they blinked her onto their sofa.  
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 4:56am
I think the ones with Chris Paul and his "twin brother" are even dumber.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Event Horizon Event Horizon wrote:

I especially hate the one where those two effeminate Asian guys are out west, watching buffalo, screaming like a bunch of wusses.  I mean, for crying out loud, just drive off, it's not like the buffalo caused any engine or drive train damage to their car.  If my vehicle was attacked by a buffalo, I wouldn't be thinking about insurance, I'd be thinking to drive off and assess the damage a few miles down the road. 
I'm treading lightly here so not to offend anyone. Asians are not known to be the best drivers.
But what weirds me out.  Are these guys brothers?  Best friends?  Bu Fu buddies?
The passenger offers the driver a bite of the sandwich.
I try not to swap spit with anyone other than my spouse.

As E H mentioned. These guys would have that little car hopped up with Nitrous and other goodies that would get them out of harms way, post haste.

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 9:15pm
It's been over 3 years, and they're STILL showing this one with "Jake" and his khakis. Pinch "She's a guy, so..."

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I think the ones with Chris Paul and his "twin brother" are even dumber.

That was okay, at least they're dumping the off key singing of "liiiiike a good neiiiiiiigghhhbbbor State Farm is there!" That irritated me to no end!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 10:01pm
^WinkNo kidding! Can't believe that one is still showing and that I've still got the same question I've always had - who works a nomal day job and dresses like either of them at 3 in the morning?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
mista_ecks View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mista_ecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 2:44pm
I don't like the "Jake from State Farm" one either. I'm sorry, but using an insecure wife is NOT the way to get me to buy their overpriced insurance.
dskyyksd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskyyksd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I especially hate the "like a good neighbor State Farm is there" ads.

That covers all of them since the Stone Age, I believe.
dskyyksd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskyyksd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^WinkNo kidding! Can't believe that one is still showing and that I've still got the same question I've always had - who works a nomal day job and dresses like either of them at 3 in the morning?

If I'm the wife, I'd still want to know why my husband was sneaking off to talk to a man at 3 a.m.  Maybe they were pushing the "good neighbor" boundaries a bit.
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 3:50pm
The "hi, Anthony" one is like 3 years old and still airing..it's UNREAL.
People are dumb.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

It's been over 3 years, and they're STILL showing this one with "Jake" and his khakis. Pinch "She's a guy, so..."

Vince Vaughn's less-succesful lost brother?
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 7:29pm
And they are still showing the "Get down from the State Farm Better Banking Sign!" ad as well. Stupid.
I think they are still airing "blah blah insurance person come help" and the one with the two stupid girls in the purse store. My GOD stop State Farm!

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2014 at 3:05am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by Event Horizon Event Horizon wrote:

I'm treading lightly here so not to offend anyone. Asians are not known to be the best drivers.
But what weirds me out.  Are these guys brothers?  Best friends?  Bu Fu buddies?
The passenger offers the driver a bite of the sandwich.
I try not to swap spit with anyone other than my spouse.

As E H mentioned. These guys would have that little car hopped up with Nitrous and other goodies that would get them out of harms way, post haste.

I wonder what kind of garbage bag the driver's jacket seems to be made of?
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2014 at 3:38am
It took me a while to figure out what I thought was the world's worst airbag effect was actually the driver's black coat puffing up when the buffalo hit the car.

Since we're going to be treated to these hideous commercials anyway, I try to find things to at least make the time pass faster.

I think the driver is supposed to be Hispanic in that one
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2014 at 3:43am

timdubya

[/QUOTE]One of my favorite bumper stickers. "I'm not drunk. I'm Asian".
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic