Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tina Fey AMEX commercials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clownloach64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tina Fey AMEX commercials
    Posted: 22 Jun 2014 at 1:57am
Hate every stupid one of these ads. Mostly hate her chewing on potpourri and writing comedy routines in her basement. The ads are not funny. I'm done ranting.
Clownloach64
Sponsored Links

ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2014 at 3:44am
Thanks to these commercials, I noticed that she swiped the wrong side of the card. I mentioned this to my Husband and he said that they do that all the time in other credit card commercials too. Now that really bugs me. If you want the logo to look great while swiping in the commercial, how about you switch which side the strip is on when creating the damn card?! I really hate that I noticed that...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2014 at 11:09am
I'm so sick of Tina Fey. They gave her way to much control over the (creativity) in these ads.
Licking that crap out of your own hair is gross. What's your 20 Tina? It should be in the crapper along with these annoying commercials.

getamac1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getamac1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 9:17pm
Just not getting it either. Guess if you're a fan of hers it works for you. Me, I'm just like wtf.
MixPickle View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixPickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 1:48am
Originally posted by getamac1 getamac1 wrote:

Me, I'm just like wtf.

Me too.

Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:43am
The only thing she did that I really liked was her voice work in Ponyo. Other than that, eh.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 9:37pm
I HATE the one where she is eating potpourri, realizes that, and keeps on eating. Hello lady! Are you STUPID?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 9:42pm
^fibre is fibre.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Blix View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Crackicus Crackicus wrote:

The only thing she did that I really liked was her voice work in Ponyo. Other than that, eh.

I agree I watched some of her SNL episodes and they weren't funny at all imho. Unlike the news report that was done by Chevy Chase in the 70's and Dennis Miller in the 80's & 90's, hers relied way too much on the audience it was like "zomg Tina is just so funny that she doesn't need to deliver the punchline, or the joke itself muahahahaha!" Yea so case in point; while I somewhat understand her charm and appeal I just don't find her funny, her voice-over work was great though. 

EDIT: edited sentence to make more sense.
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Blix Blix wrote:

I agree I watched some of her SNL episodes and they weren't funny at all imho. The news report that was done by Chevy Chase in the 70's and Dennis Miller in the 80's & 90's relied way too much on the audience it was like "zomg Tina is just so funny that she doesn't need to deliver the punchline, or the joke itself muahahahaha!"  

That's because as then-head writer, she was able to use SNL (mainly Weekend Update) to do her political grand-standing. "Clapter" took place of actual comedy. it wasn't good-natured ribbing like Chevy Chase's Ford, Dana Carvey's Bush Sr, or Phil Hartman's Clinton. It was just her taking advantage of her position to climb on her soapbox and take potshots on whoever she didn't agree with politically, funny be damned.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic