Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a few I hate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a few I hate
    Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 4:44am
First of all if you have directv you have seen the Hughsnet commercials.That fricken bitch drives me insane.It wasn,t that bad the first 500 times, but this sh*t needs to stop now.Also,if I ever meet billy Mays I will choke his fat ass out!He is a loud mouth,babbling idiot.And that gnome frrom travelocity,damn,I would rather sleep in trash can than book a room with them.All because of his stupid little ass.On to those driving,singing,gross looking cookies,no fking way man.They look like talking chocalate chip sh*t.
I love this site,stumbled across it trying to find people who hate Billy Mays.And boy did I find them here.
The inventor of the mute button knew billy mays would show up one day.
Sponsored Links

JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 5:29am
The woman on the Hughsnet commercial, is so beautiful.  She is on my long list of celebs that I have crushes on.
jppuertorico85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 7:04am
i HATE the travelocity gnome!!!!  I wish he would fall off of that cliff and drown in the water! lol
Is visa really the only card accepted at [INSERT ANY SPORTING EVENT]???
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 11:58am
Is this the Hughesnet commercial that you hate?

That same actress did the DirecWay ads, several years ago.  I stopped paying attention, but I'm assuming the name was changed to Hughesnet.  I hated them more back then, but still hate them now.

She is the queen of superior smugness in advertising. 

Oh, AND: at the time, we could only get slo-mo dialup in our town.  I checked into DirecWay, for a faster internet connection.  They wanted something like $600 just to get set up, and the monthly fee was at least double what we were currently paying. 
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 3:22pm
Welcome to the Mad House, mutelover.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

sodiumcrapolate View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sodiumcrapolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 10:27pm
I don't really hate her, I know she's just doing her job.
I just hate everything about her. :)

Hey, did you notice that, 'hand's pointing away off her hips' thing?
What's that? I can't make up my mind whether it's cute or stupid.
I guess I'll make up my mind later.

jppuertorico85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 10:38pm

"All you need is a clear view of the southern sky..."

SO DAMN SMUG!!!! Somebody smack that bitch please! LOL
Is visa really the only card accepted at [INSERT ANY SPORTING EVENT]???
Lesser Ads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesser Ads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 3:24am
I can think of one I hate right off the top of my head....that ANNOYING pseudo-rap digital cable ad with the K-FED wannabe and those annoying backup singers!!  "...4-4-4-AYYYEEEE!!!!"  Almost as bad as that other digital cable ad with that blonde lady who looks a little like Christina Aguielera singing this sort of rockish version of the jingle.
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 4:47am
Originally posted by powerboy powerboy wrote:

The woman on the Hughsnet commercial, is so beautiful.  She is on my long list of celebs that I have crushes on.

Me too! I guess people either hate her or love her. I surprisingly saw her only twice in an ad where she was dressed up like a 1950's housewife for some toilet bowl cleaner or something.  
kartek View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kartek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 12:50am
I just plain Hate Hughes Net and as if the the commercials are bane and boring enough they tell lies as well, anyone suffering with this sevice certainly wants to throw a shoe at the T.V. everytime that lame dumb Bitch starts with the lies.... Fast for a few, Slow for the most and don't even:

Some activities are more likely to exceed the download threshold and trigger the application of the Fair Access Policy. Several examples are listed below:

• Full-length movie downloads
  • Peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs such as Napster, Kazaa or LimeWire
  • Continuous downloading or viewing streaming media content such as audio or video programming
  • Hosting of server devices such as email, FTP or Web servers
  • Hosting computer applications such as Web camera feeds
  • Automated computer to computer connections used for archiving of local computer content
  • Extensive downloading of Usenet Newsgroups (NNTP)
  • Use of Bit Torrent applications
  • Simultaneous file downloads
  • Downloading large files (i.e., file sizes that are close in size to the download threshold of our service plan) Excessive downloading or use of the services described above may cause subscribers to be affected by the Fair Access Policy, or in severe cases, to be terminated from the service.

Now  this is Broadband at its best right?

pcgh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcgh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 4:41pm
Don't know about the Hughes Net thing. Never heard of it before.

But I actually do like the Travelocity gnome. I think he's kind of cool.
Vlad The Impaler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 5:45pm
I hate that gnome guy. I think he's a pervert. If you're not scared of him you should be. When he's singing "Hyum, Hyum on the rrrrrange..." I just think he's cooking little boys and girls on that fire. 
IHaveStandards View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IHaveStandards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 3:06am

The HughesNet chick has a website...  www.margareteasley.com

Check it out.

I can't stand the ad either, but I do like her. Embarrassed

kartek View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kartek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 5:53am
I do have to admit that she does have a look.

The comericals suck.
kuribo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by mutelover mutelover wrote:

First of all if you have directv you have seen the Hughsnet commercials.That fricken bitch drives me insane.It wasn,t that bad the first 500 times, but this sh*t needs to stop now.Also,if I ever meet billy Mays I will choke his fat ass out!He is a loud mouth,babbling idiot.And that gnome frrom travelocity,damn,I would rather sleep in trash can than book a room with them.All because of his stupid little ass.On to those driving,singing,gross looking cookies,no fking way man.They look like talking chocalate chip sh*t.
I love this site,stumbled across it trying to find people who hate Billy Mays.And boy did I find them here.

Know what's worse than the travelocity gnome? SEEING PEOPLE COLLECT HIM ON THE AMAZING RACE.
kuribo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 1:25pm
Also, I just watched a YouTube Poop remake of this commercial. Should look it up on youtube if you like when people edit dirty words into video clips.
IHaveStandards View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IHaveStandards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 3:43am

Another one bites the dust!!! Just saw a new HughesNet ad tonight, with a new dark haired actress.

I'll say again, I didn't like the HN commericial, but I do like Margaret Easley (actress in old commercial). Her other commercials are on Youtube, and she's not nearly so abrasive in them.
kartek View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kartek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 3:00pm
Maybe we could pair the two and add a comic relief?  The gnome, Easley and that dumb Wentworth and they could all scream we have all your money now? 
 The gnome is best falling off a mountain, make him out of ceramic and do slow mo close hd pic of the impact zone!

For those who don't know about hughes your soooo lucky.
Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 5:58pm

When I used to have DirectTV, I saw M. Easley all the time. I agree that she's beautiful and I also have the celebrity crush with her. However, the DirectTV ads were on constantly. I didn't change them, but muted them, so I could look at her without hearing all the humdrum crap.

I know she's been on lots of commercials, and the only thing I really saw her on with a largish role was in "Big Love" on HBO. I need to go to her website, so thanks for posting that link, IHaveStandards!

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler Vlad The Impaler wrote:

I hate that gnome guy. I think he's a pervert. If you're not scared of him you should be. When he's singing "Hyum, Hyum on the rrrrrange..." I just think he's cooking little boys and girls on that fire. 

I enjoyed this post very much.

Thank you, Mr. Impaler.  Clap
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic