Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Sentra - Asshat blaring "Mony Mony" (Video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Sentra - Asshat blaring "Mony Mony" (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Useless trivia:

Tommy James entitled the song Mony, Mony after seeing a sign on a building for MONY (Mutual of New York).

additional useless trivia: Billy Idol wanted to cover this song because it was playing the first time he got some. In a public park.
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Sponsored Links

TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 6:47pm

Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

Bleh, Idol was better in the old band Generation X.

I saw some footage of Cathy McGowan on a TV show last week.  

Sorry, Thor. I'm only 29 and don't know what that is supposed to mean in relation to my post.

I discovered Generation X a few years ago when looking up punk bands and their song "From The Heart" became one of my favorites.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 7:02pm

Idol declared his love for her in Generation X's song Ready, Steady, Go, which was about the 1960s TV show of the same name.  McGowan was the host of that show.  She was hot.

I figured if you knew of Generation X, you'd know this song.  It was probably their closest thing to a hit.  I saw her recently on a show about the Dave Clark 5.

Pics of her here:

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 8:38pm
I'm shocked those elementary kids would even know who Billy Idol is. They are busy listening to top 40 music and Disney stuff (think that "LET IT GO!!" piece of crap) and the bus drivers who allow the radio to be on in the bus (which are far and fewer between nowadays) are on the top 40, or maybe country stations. 
I'm sure if I was the keynote speaker at an elementary assembly and I said "Who remembers Billy Idol?" only the older teachers and some 45-50 year old dads would raise their hands. No kids, no young parents. They are too busy with the junky music today, like RAP...
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
sdsyl659 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdsyl659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 6:06pm
Well, this pos with that maggot with the white sunglasses is back in heavy rotation...
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by sdsyl659 sdsyl659 wrote:

Well, this pos with that maggot with the white sunglasses is back in heavy rotation...

Yep, whoop de f#$%n' do!

Gag, how I hate this commercial!

I've heard this song hundreds of times at parties etc. So I'm familiar with it.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jack's_Son View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack's_Son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:00pm
This is a true "Make it Stop!!!" commercial for me. I do believe this commercial comes on every 15 minutes. Okay, Billy Idol is revered in Rocker Circles, but sh*t man. Enough with the "Mony, Mony, Ride the Pony" crap.

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Ralph Waldo Emerson
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 12:28am
I thought this d@mn commercial hit the chopping block a few months ago - and I was thrilled about it also. Why it made an annoying, TV volume insulting return is beyond me. I've seen this ad over and over for the past week. Angry

I just hope this hyperactive spaz doesn't make a return.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 1:54am
Gag, now I hate that song. This has resulted in years and years in repetition from parties and such.

Speaking of commercials I don't want to return to TV. I hope that the guy in the back of a semi trailer, pushing a button that releases a door. Which allows Nissans to exit the trailer. I hope that doesn't come back. That was LOUD!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 2:48am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Gag, now I hate that song. This has resulted in years and years in repetition from parties and such.

Speaking of commercials I don't want to return to TV. I hope that the guy in the back of a semi trailer, pushing a button that releases a door. Which allows Nissans to exit the trailer. I hope that doesn't come back. That was LOUD!

I tire of former favorite songs being killed by repetition. I used to listen to an FM "classic rock" station from the big city to the North eventually they were playing the same things over and over. I now listen to a "timeless rock" station from OSU's college town to the South. They mix up songs from the 1960s thru the 1990s with many semi obscure tracks plus a minimum of commercials. I think I have a permanent hearing loss from a 1971 Led Zeppelin concert. It was beyond LOUD! I'm surprised the surviving band members are not conversing in sign language!    
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 3:05am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I tire of former favorite songs being killed by repetition. I used to listen to an FM "classic rock" station from the big city to the North eventually they were playing the same things over and over. I now listen to a "timeless rock" station from OSU's college town to the South. They mix up songs from the 1960s thru the 1990s with many semi obscure tracks plus a minimum of commercials.    

I wouldn't mind finding some online station that plays the more forgotten music of the classic rock era.  One lightning rod I'd use is Uriah Heep.  If some station plays Uriah Heep, it might be the station I'm looking for.  It's not that I want to hear Uriah Heep so much, it's just that they fit the bill of "music that we listened to in the classic rock era, but which classic rock stations seem to have forgotten".  Other such lightning rods might be Mountain, the James Gang and Black Oak Arkansas.

I probably don't need to ever hear Led Zeppelin again.  Immigrant Song might be an exception.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 3:49am
Of course I remember Uriah Heep who even had a couple of main stream tunes. Easy living and something else. Another British band that I liked was Humble Pie who seems to have disappeared from airplay. I like SIRIUS deep tracks which plays album tracks that were never hits. Some good. Some not so much.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Milka Ghiradelli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Milka Ghiradelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 3:55am
Mony Mony is one of Billy Idol's worst songs. Very annoying.
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 1:41pm
For me the soft rock and classic rock stations have become the new 'elevator music'.

There are Fleetwood Mac and Elton John cuts that I once liked but now I never want to hear them again.

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 3:16pm

Other such lightning rods might be Mountain, the James Gang and Black Oak Arkansas.

I probably don't need to ever hear Led Zeppelin again.  Immigrant Song might be an exception.

You occasionally hear Mountain on 92.5 The Wolf around here. Not as often as the Who, Zep, the Stones, and such, but occasionally.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Other such lightning rods might be Mountain, the James Gang and Black Oak Arkansas.

You occasionally hear Mountain on 92.5 The Wolf around here. Not as often as the Who, Zep, the Stones, and such, but occasionally.

Mississippi Queen, doubtlessly.  Good song, good album, but I preferred the Nantucket Sleighride album.

sdsyl659 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sdsyl659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 1:03am
I'd like never to hear "we are the champions" again.
some Ten Years After would be nice.
Also, the Nissan execs responsible for the Mony, Mony ad should have giant speakers strapped to their head and have "muskrat Love" played continually to them until the beg to be let out of their misery.
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 1:08am
I'm with Mad Magazine, which once said, of Idol's version, 'We'd pay mony, mony never to hear this song again.'LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 1:18am

some Ten Years After would be nice.

I nearly mentioned them!

EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 1:23am

..and have "muskrat Love" played continually to them until the beg to be let out of their misery.

ROFL! LOL LOL  I forgot about that little gem.

sdsyl659 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sdsyl659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 1:47am
Watching Pats and Colts and its bee played three times in ten minutes. I am comings with more severe punishments for everyone involved with this commercial. Right now disembowelment by wolves is number one with a bullet.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 5:30am

Watching Pats and Colts and its bee played three times in ten minutes. I am comings with more severe punishments for everyone involved with this commercial. Right now disembowelment by wolves is number one with a bullet.

So uncalled for and It was really bad today plus I was just aggravated to begin with. The Eagles game..almost thankful the game was total mess for us that I ended up turning off the TV at halftime.

Tonight's game..you're right! - along with that d@mn Ebay ad, the Holiday "Red Cadillac" crap jingle.
I seriously kept hitting to the "last" channel on my DVR..wait. Go back to the game..rewind.

BUT then they air it during the local news 3 times in 20 minutes. 

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 2:38pm

Mississippi Queen, doubtlessly.  Good song, good album, but I preferred the Nantucket Sleighride album.

Mississippi Queen and occasionally Nantucket Sleighride.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 6:39pm
Another OVERPLAYED. Monotonous ad......
Mr. Aleen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 3:22am
This commercial is probably my least favorite commercial at the moment.  It's right up there with the Geico Icky Woods commercial in terms of sheer annoyance.

And hearing "Mony Mony" brings back bad memories of being in grad school and living next door to a frat house.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic