Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Magic Bullet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElectricLadyland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Magic Bullet
    Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 7:04pm
Who hasn't seen this ad? I've watched this hilariously bad infomercial so many times, I lost count. From Hazel the chain smoking hag who never ashes her cigarette, to Berman the alcoholic "party animal" who wants to see broccoli banned from the world. Not to mention the blonde lady who keeps shouting the mantra "You can use this every day!!!". Who else loves to hate this ad?
Sponsored Links

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 8:33pm
I do!!

It should be illegal!
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 8:51pm
I am strangely fascinated by it myself. I watched the whole thing and then I bought two.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 9:00pm
Haven't seen it in quite a while - and I didn't care for it when I did see it.
Honestly, though - the product reviews are GREAT.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jppuertorico85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 9:05pm
This has to have the absolute worst acting EVER on an infomercial....really lame!
Is visa really the only card accepted at [INSERT ANY SPORTING EVENT]???
smokefilledlungs View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokefilledlungs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 12:13am

Haha, guys, this is too funny. I absolutely love this commercial. It's so bad and stupid it's fantastic.

The food looked so good I bought one myself. It makes damn good dip, although the cleaning isn't as easy as the infomercial proclaims.

promontorium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote promontorium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 1:40am

Don't forget that the Magic Bullet is a conspiracy theory for the assassination of President Kennedy. That's a great name for a product!

I love commercials, for the most part.
kk218 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kk218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 5:25am
This and the GT Express 101 informercials I find my self watching at least one a month. They are teh awesome in their horribleness.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 10:02am
It is the whole backstory and premise of this ad.
It is trying to make you relate and picture some of the moments they hint at.
berman's whacky drinking, Hazel's plucky feistiness..
thing is, who the hell are these people? What an eclectic grouping of friends to invite over let alone the kind to offer a bed to.
Weird sh*t.
Like Nathan I am oft sucked in and I am compelled to purchase them. But they are offered at stores now.
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 5:51pm
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that there is a certain "feminine pleasure tool" that is also called a "magic bullet".  Yeah, sure its a "neck massager" lolz
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 8:38pm
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 8:57pm
OMG!  I am so obsessed with this infomercial!  I've even made Mr. Aleen into a fan, lol.  I love when Hazel complains about "chopping gah-lic" and of course Berman with his "Yuck!  I hate broccoli." line.  But the line that I quote the most is Mick saying, "Uhhh, nachos anyone?" in his Australian accent, "Uhhh, nah-chows anyone?"

But have you seen the newest one for the Magic Bullet on the go, or something like that?  They're camping this time, and Berman's there, but they have a new cast of idiots, one of whom refers to guacamole as "that green junk."  But this time, it's implied that Berman and Hazel have been sharing a sleeping bag....Dead  It's a must see, I tell ya!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
ElectricLadyland View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElectricLadyland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 8:54am
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

OMG!  I am so obsessed with this infomercial!  I've even made Mr. Aleen into a fan, lol.  I love when Hazel complains about "chopping gah-lic" and of course Berman with his "Yuck!  I hate broccoli." line.  But the line that I quote the most is Mick saying, "Uhhh, nachos anyone?" in his Australian accent, "Uhhh, nah-chows anyone?"

But have you seen the newest one for the Magic Bullet on the go, or something like that?  They're camping this time, and Berman's there, but they have a new cast of idiots, one of whom refers to guacamole as "that green junk."  But this time, it's implied that Berman and Hazel have been sharing a sleeping bag....Dead  It's a must see, I tell ya!

Oh yes, I've seen it. It's a worthy sequel. Especially with the green junk line and Berman's animosity towards the appliance in the beginning. Not to mention how no one can fathom the thought of a Magic Bullet that runs *gasp* on batteries!

Regardless of how hilariously bad the commercials are, some of my friends have MB's and you can make some really great stuff with one. Approve
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 3:51pm
Berman will never learn.
Crazy lush
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by kk218 kk218 wrote:

This and the GT Express 101 informercials I find my self watching at least one a month. They are teh awesome in their horribleness.

I love the GT Express 101 commercials!!!

And I want one, too.

I'm just not going to order one thru the mail.

When they start selling them at WalMart, I'll get one.

Until then, I'll just have to dream....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 4:07pm
One of the young-ish blonde gals (the one who never says anything) is on some shoe insert ad.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 11:01pm
Jimbo, try Walgreens, they have a ton of "as seen on TV" stuff. Maybe even Kohls, I know I've seen a store somewhere that carried the GT Express. I know Kohls has the magic bullet, I sort of want one so I can make hummus, my food processor is too small. Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 12:41am
I'll check it out.

The last time I saw the infomercial it still said "Not available in stores" across the screen.

C'mon, man!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'll check it out.

The last time I saw the infomercial it still said "Not available in stores" across the screen.

It's available in stores.  I've seen it too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 12:58am

One of the young-ish blonde gals (the one who never says anything) is on some shoe insert ad.

I stand corrected. It wasn't the girl from the Magic Bullet ad who sits next to Berman & never says anything who is now in the Walk Fit shoe insert infomercial.... it's Mimi herself!!!

As you can see her here in this "Best of Berman" video...

And then again in this long version of the Walk Fit infomercial that I hadn't seen before...

In the ad I saw her in she just appeared for a moment flapping an ordinary shoe insert around while appearing to make sarcastic comments about it though you couldn't actually hear her.

I guess she's one of those people who will shill for anything.

C'mon, man!
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 11:59am

Originally posted by kk218 kk218 wrote:

I love the GT Express 101 commercials!!!

And I want one, too.

I'm just not going to order one thru the mail.

When they start selling them at WalMart, I'll get one.

Until then, I'll just have to dream....

Bed Bath and Beyond sells Magic Bullets.  I'm kinda reluctant to get one, but I probably should, seeing as Mr. Aleen and I can never see eye to eye on smoothies!
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Berman will never learn.
Crazy lush

Hey!  You have Berman as your avatar!  I'm going to copycat you and put Hazel in mine!  LOL
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

Hey!  You have Berman as your avatar!  I'm going to copycat you and put Hazel in mine!  LOL

YES! Together we can take over this board, convert others to place the wild Magic Bullet partiers in their avatars.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 3:43pm
Who gets to be Mimi though?????

I wanna be the Australian guy.

Does he have a name BTW?

C'mon, man!
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 3:47pm
I don't know.. Oh, I looked it up, MICK.

I want to get some Magic Bullets and host a Magic Bullet sleep over bbq rager and everyone can BE their own MB character!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic