Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LG- OH GOD! That voice!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LG- OH GOD! That voice!!
    Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 10:07pm

Is it me, or does this series of commercials use the most grating voice? It sounds like they're trying to impersonate Kelly Ripa... WHY????
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 10:12pm
I hate this P.O.S.  Of course it comes as no surprise that both the father and the son suffer from "staring oblviously into the fridge" syndrome.  After all, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it LG?  
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 10:39pm
I bet the son and father both actually work for LG.

That kind of stupidity would make sense when you consider them releasing two supposedly "revolutionary" phones...neither of which have expandable memory.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:46pm
I could swear that's the voice of the crazy lady from Person of Interest that's convinced that the machine is talking to her.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
kbcolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbcolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 1:30am
Oh my god. Thank you for posting this.
I think what gets me most is the mom's commentary. 
"Ah, the tree from which the apple fell." Yes and you're perfect, you smelly witch. 
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 2:07am
Originally posted by kbcolo kbcolo wrote:

"Ah, the tree from which the apple fell." Yes and you're perfect, you smelly witch

Do you have smellovision?
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 2:35am
Also, after seeing the word used several times, I have to ask

But how do you know she's a witch?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 4:48am
She turned me into a newt. I got better.

I'm still waiting for a commercial that shows a woman as a total dumbass.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

kbcolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbcolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

"Ah, the tree from which the apple fell." Yes and you're perfect, you smelly witch

Do you have smellovision?

LOL
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 2:13am
New commercial with different actress. Same grating voice.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
LordPeterLowenbrau View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordPeterLowenbrau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 2:20am
I didn't know women weren't guilty of the same thing. I've never seen a woman open the fridge and stare into it, only to see a beagle grab something out of it. Not one time!
LeeboKC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeboKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 5:32am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I could swear that's the voice of the crazy lady from Person of Interest that's convinced that the machine is talking to her.

Please forgive that I'm a little off-topic: but that “crazy lady” on Person of Interest is Amy Acker and I simply LOVE HER! (She is terrific in the recent “Much Ado About Nothing”)

Then again, …seems I've always had a soft spot for damaged women. (Perhaps it's a kind of male version of girls who like bad boys..?)

And yes, on POI, she's definitely damaged. Wouldn't it be great if the love/hate relationship she has with the dangerous and delectable Sarah Shahi became ... ah never mind. Wink
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 5:37am
I instantly recognized the voice (because she has a damn sexy one) and looked it up just to be sure. It's actress Leslie Mann, who's been in movies like The Cable Guy, Big Daddy, The 40 year-Old Virgin, Knocked Up, etc...

TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 7:44am

"Ah, the tree from which the apple fell." Yes and you're perfect, you smelly witch. 

and she married him. What does that say about her?
Wouldn't you notice he was that stupid when you first met him? LOL
MixPickle View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixPickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 1:28am
When I hear that vocal fry voice I imagine what it would be like to be married to a B*tch like that... and then I'd put a bullet in my head!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 1:32am
the irony to me is that the apple falling from the tree would be a more apropro comparison of mother-to-son. :P
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 4:33am
Originally posted by MixPickle MixPickle wrote:

When I hear that vocal fry voice I imagine what it would be like to be married to a B*tch like that... and then I'd put a bullet in my head!

Yeah, that's not overreacting at all... Wacko
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 7:44am
The thing I hate about this commercial is that line, "Ah, the tree from which the apple fell."

It sounds so awkward. I don't know any "normal, everyday people" who talk that way in normal, everyday conversation. It sounds incredibly pretentious.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by SJames SJames wrote:

Originally posted by MixPickle MixPickle wrote:

Yeah, that's not overreacting at all... Wacko

Right, overreacting... the bullet goes in HER head
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic