Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sprint Framily Dancing WTF?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sprint Framily Dancing WTF?
    Posted: 18 May 2014 at 8:42pm

What the F*CK is this?  How does this sell your service, Sprint?  G*DDAMN!  MY EYES AND EARS JUST THREW UP IN THEIR FIGURATIVE MOUTHS.  I now know the meaning behind that "What Is This I Don't Even" meme.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Sponsored Links

SpeedCøw View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeedCøw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 8:59pm
This was ineffective because I have no clue about anything that happened during this commercial.

Where are they? Why are they dancing? Can they understand the gerbil?

This commercial could be used as a weapon.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 8:59pm
LOL...ar least they didn't let GorDON inside...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 9:14pm
Pinch destroy... must... destroy...
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 9:33pm
This whole commercial series is just mind bogglingly confusing. What does this have to do with their product? Can just anyone attach themselves to your plan(I mean, I remember one commercial where GorDON just showed up univited, and now he's seemingly part of the plan)? Where does the talking gerbil factor in?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 11:05pm
Okay WTF did I just watch?

These idiots must go!

MUST KILL FRAMILY!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 12:03am
Dear Sprint: Your "Framily" idea is neither as cute or creative as you seem to think it is
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Dear Sprint: Your "Framily" idea is neither as cute or creative as you seem to think it is

I think this line of commercials is written in crayon on the wall of a mental institution during rec time.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

cytonic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cytonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 3:16am
What I don't understand is why that girl always has cartoon birds flying around her.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 3:43am
Originally posted by cytonic cytonic wrote:

What I don't understand is why that girl always has cartoon birds flying around her.

I think she's supposed to be a Disney princess stereotype or something. The most punchable one yet if she were to star in a movie, but still...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 4:11am

What a hodgepodge of random people, random activities, and just plain random nonsense.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 4:21am
You all are just sooooooooo unperceptive!!!! 

The point of the commercial is that if you are white & you use Sprint, you'll think you're black!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 4:44am
Why does nothing make sense in these "framily" commercials!?
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 6:20am
Originally posted by LooseCaboose LooseCaboose wrote:

Why does nothing make sense in these "framily" commercials!?

We must not be on the right drugs. One of us should break into the Sprint marketing brainstorming room and find out exactly what it is they smoke before making one of these.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 6:29am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The point of the commercial is that if you are white & you use Sprint, you'll think you're black!!!!

Or a poorly voiced mafioso hamster?

- Mark Twain

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 8:25am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I was actually almost sympathetic to the hamster in his first appearance, it seemed like he was going to be the sole voice of reason in his whole family, even questioning the use of the word "framily".

I guess he got drowned out and absorbed by the rest of the family, he's never said anything remotely intelligent since.
Cathode_Ray View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathode_Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 6:21pm
I don't know what the hell is going on throughout the commercial, but the final shot of 
GordON pushes it past the limit, IMHO.

Why can't they simply advertise their services in a way that intelligent viewers could understand? 
"Some things are unexplained, until they are." - Dr. Walter Bishop
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Cathode_Ray Cathode_Ray wrote:

I don't know what the hell is going on throughout the commercial, but the final shot of 
GordON pushes it past the limit, IMHO.

Why can't they simply advertise their services in a way that intelligent viewers could understand? 

I haven't decided who in the framily I want to punch/kill the most, but it's probably a close race between GorDON and Frenchie girl, with Deliverance boy not too far behind them!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 6:42pm
I dunno where the hell this family of hipster millennial oui-oui rats came from, but they need to take an extended vacation ASAP ... a very extended one.

I'm not sure which is more of a waste of air time - these dolts or the various KFC home videoing families, though at least the latter gives you some idea of what the commercial's supposed to be advertising.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I was actually almost sympathetic to the hamster in his first appearance, it seemed like he was going to be the sole voice of reason in his whole family, even questioning the use of the word "framily".

I guess he got drowned out and absorbed by the rest of the family, he's never said anything remotely intelligent since.

He sure did.  He was trying to say, "Sonovabeetch, you fruckin' framily idiotas, you make-a me a crazy with this-a disarespectful display."  Fell on deaf, and rather stupid ears. 

- Mark Twain

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 9:20pm
I watched it again twice, are we supposed to like this crap?

What's the point? The only part that's informative is at the end, but unfortunately it's done in rapid speak.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Cathode_Ray Cathode_Ray wrote:

I don't know what the hell is going on throughout the commercial, but the final shot of GordON pushes it past the limit, IMHO.

Because intelligent viewers are not who they are trying to reach.

Intelligent viewers are not their target audience or likely part of their customer base.

They understand that they are trying to appeal to idiots.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 10:42pm
The sprint "framily" commercials aren't my most hated yet..but they are the most stupid! The whole campaign needs to go away!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 10:49pm
this commercial sucks cool it types what I said
NetflixSavedMyBrain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NetflixSavedMyBrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 10:49pm
That goes nowhere in getting me to buy that product. It's a turn off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic